Sign Up Thread
Sign ups are over, of course, but I'm keeping this here for easy access to all of these threads.
ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD. Your ONE post should be edited with additional games as the event progresses. If you're interested in joining, please go to the Sign-Up thread before posting here. If you break the rules and post multiple times here, you can and will be moderated. Please read the rules.
Welcome to the 11th Annual Greatest Games Event! On November 12th, there will be 50 days before the end of the year. To celebrate, we will be posting our 50 favorite games of all time, one game a day until we hit December 31st and post our final and most favoritest game!
This thread is for those who have signed up and have created a list of 50 Games to post. If you haven't already signed up, well, I won't condemn you for posting here directly, but I'd rather have everyone doing it over the Sign-Up thread. Every list should be posted here in this thread, so good luck, have fun, and enjoy showing the games that have defined you as a gamer!
• In the Official thread, you will ONLY POST ONCE. All other posts should be in the Discussion thread, and your ONE post in the Official thread shall be edited to update your list accordingly.
• Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your top 50 ever games, one each day:
• If this sounds a bit too daunting, you don't need to come here every day, of course! It's totally fine if you have to miss out on a few days. If that happens, just do some catching up and update your list up to the point everyone else's gotten to.
• If you just want to post your top 50 straight away without taking part in the daily interactions, that's okay too, but only if you post the list on the Official thread or message it to me directly. If you post it anywhere else, it won't be accepted.
What games can you pick?
• You can pick any game for any system. It doesn't matter if it's a mobile game, single-player or multiplayer, free-to-play, everything is allowed! ...With a few exceptions, explained below:
• Games that release after October 31st, 2020 will not be allowed.
• Game collections/compilations are also not allowed.
• Fanmade games are allowed, but mods aren't.
• Expansions, DLCs, or anything of the sort will be included with their base game, so you can't list those separately.
• Remakes, remasters, definitive editions, or anything of the sort should also not be listed separately from their original release.
Things you should do:
• Please include the platforms you've played each game on (and only those you've played on!). Even if it is an exclusive, list the platform, it helps me out a lot!
• Reboots often have the same names as their originals. If you have one such game on your list, please specify whether it is the reboot or the original, or add information on the release year.
• For your ONE POST in the Official thread, please don't include images or descriptions. Keep your list clean and to the point - if you want to show images or talk about your favorite games at length, the Discussion thread is the place for that.
• Whenever you finish your list, please send it to me via PM as soon as possible! The earlier I have it, the earlier I can start working on the results thread.
• If you change your mind halfway through, it's okay to make alterations to your list, as long as you make them BEFORE December 31st.
If you have any additional questions, send me a message, post on my wall, or mention me in a post. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
Links to the past:
2010: Sign-Ups / Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
That's it from me, now it's time to share your lists in your ONE post - and talk all about it at the Discussion thread!Last edited by mZuzek - on 22 January 2021