By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European December Sales - #1 PS5 (+66%), #2 Switch (-7%), #3 XBS (-19%)

Gsd doesn't also count bundled software I suspect that will give spiderman a huge boost in sales considering how well ps5 sold in November and December. Totk really fell off hard I wonder what are totals so far.

Around the Network

The physical version of Mario Bros. Wonder outsold Spider-man 2 is a big story here.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

The physical version of Mario Bros. Wonder outsold Spider-man 2 is a big story here.

Not really. most of Mario Wonder sales  especially  in December and spiderman was bundled heavy with ps5 and gsd doesn't include bundled sales. When is Npd coming out?

zeldaring said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Not really. most of Mario Wonder sales  especially  in December and spiderman was bundled heavy with ps5 and gsd doesn't include bundled sales. When is Npd coming out?

GSD also doesn't include Wonder's digital sales, Spiderman wasn't PS5's only bundled game. Also pretty sure we already have an entire 2023 GSD list with Wonder at 9th and Spiderman at 10#. Wonder is missing it's digital, while Spiderman has its physical and digital included.

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

GSD also doesn't include Wonder's digital sales, Spiderman wasn't PS5's only bundled game. Also pretty sure we already have an entire 2023 GSD list with Wonder at 9th and Spiderman at 10#. Wonder is missing it's digital, while Spiderman has its physical and digital included.

He's just afraid of the results of a particular thread in particular so he has to convince himself that the bundled part of the sales must've been like in the ballpark of a few millions while Mario Wonder has objectively dominated the Holiday physical charts and been amongst the top of the software charts despite the lack of digital sales accounted for.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Guys, let's not turn this into Mario vs Spidey. We have a thread for that.

Never mind that, unless you are personally invested, both games show fantastic results and that's the BIGGEST deal!

Switch Sports being the 16th highest selling game of the year (as a game that launched last year) without counting digital is notable; the game really has become something of a sleeper hit.

curl-6 said:

Switch Sports being the 16th highest selling game of the year (as a game that launched last year) without counting digital is notable; the game really has become something of a sleeper hit.

Considering what has been said about it and some of it's shortcomings, I wonder if some kind of sequel on the switch successor could add and iron out it's problems while selling just as well ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Looking at the estimates for all of Europe the PS5 sales are actually pretty disappointing after the gigantic November and how much it's down compared to the PS4 for the same month. I thought it would overtake the PS4 this month worldwide but it won't. Switch had a better hold than last month so is ending its life well though Xbox Series is rough once again.

The PS5 had an overall amazing 2023 in Europe though 2024 should be down, the Switch did really well considering its age and will be down a lot this year but that's fine though Xbox did poorly and better not decline notably again or it'll start entering genuine disaster territory.

Norion said:

Looking at the estimates for all of Europe the PS5 sales are actually pretty disappointing after the gigantic November and how much it's down compared to the PS4 for the same month. I thought it would overtake the PS4 this month worldwide but it won't.

It did barely after November, however it will probably go behind it again with December (if US numbers are not record breaking at least..).

Hope 2024 to be the real peak year for the PS5, why not even across all regions. And with PS5 Pro rumours for this year, this just might get true in the end..

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 17 January 2024

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts