Animal Crossing: New Horizon - 179K
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 130K
Ghost of Tsushima - 122K
GTA V - 108K
Paper Mario: the origami King - 78K
The Last of us part 2 - 34K

Official NPD

State of the market

Consumer spending across video game hardware, content and accessories totaled $3.3B in Aug 2020, a 37% increase when compared to a year ago. Digital content on console, mobile and subscription were among largest growth segments.

Year-to-date spending reached $29.4 billion23 percent higher than the same period in 2019. Content, hardware and accessory spending each increased by more than 20 percent when compared to the same period a year ago.

Content

Video game content spending reached $2.9 billion in August 2020, increasing 37 percent when compared to a year ago. Year-to-date content spending now exceeds $25.9 billion, a 22 percent increase compared to prior year.

Madden NFL 21 was the best-selling title of August, with double-digit percentage dollar sales growth when compared to the release month of Madden NFL 20. Madden NFL 21 debuts as the #6 best-selling game year-to-date. This is the 21st consecutive year that a Madden NFL franchise release has the best-selling game in its release month.
Madden NFL is the best-selling Sports (and 3rd best-selling overall) video game franchise in US history.

UFC 4
 was the second best-selling game of the month, setting a new franchise launch month sales record for an Electronic Arts published UFC title. UFC 4 ranked as the third best-selling game of August on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake returned to the top 20 best-selling titles chart (#19) in August after finishing ranked 41st in July. The title was featured at a discounted price digitally on the PlayStation Store.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was the 6th best-seller of Aug on Nintendo Switch. It has ranked among the top 7 best-sellers on Switch for 42 consecutive months. It is as the 10th best-selling game on Nintendo platforms in US tracked history.

Software charts

Archivie

2020: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJune, July
2019: JanuaryFebruary, March, April, MayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2018: 
JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2017: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2016: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2015: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2014: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2013: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2012: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2011: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2010: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2009: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2008: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
2007: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember

Last edited by Ryng - on 14 September 2020

Around the Network

[NSW] 350K
[PS4] 125K
[XBO] 25K

[NSW] 420K
[PS4] 115K
[XB1] 15K

NSW 350K
PS4 120K
XB1 40K

Wasn't really sure what to guess on XB1.  I could see it staying low or  it could recover a good bit.  I kind of split the difference.

I'll blow everyone's mind and predict Switch > PS4 > XBO.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

numbers are getting quite low,
but ps4 still has them legs haha!

After the numbers of last month its hard to know what to think. But I'll still give it a shot:

[NSW] 390K
[PS4] 120K
[XBO] 10K

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I think the switch will sell some insane amount and the PS4 and xbone will disappoint so
NSW 420k
PS4 100K
XBO 20K

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

NSW 375K
PS4 90K
XBO 13K

My prediction:

[NSW] 328K
[PS4] 104K
[XBO] 16K