By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August NPD 2020: Switch 504k, PS4 197k, XBO 45k

tbone51 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

You don't think PS5 and/or XBSX will win their launch month??

If Nintendo stocks the NSW and has at least one good bundle ($300 sku) it’ll probably be up significantly YoY which would be at least 1.6mil imo. 

Last year they had Pokemon though, not sure Hyrule Warriors will push the same type of hardware. I guess we'll see

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
tbone51 said:

If Nintendo stocks the NSW and has at least one good bundle ($300 sku) it’ll probably be up significantly YoY which would be at least 1.6mil imo. 

Last year they had Pokemon though, not sure Hyrule Warriors will push the same type of hardware. I guess we'll see

And in Aug they didn’t have anything yet it just broke records. Not having the major Software this year shouldn’t be applied to the whole picture. 

this year is just different :P

tbone51 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

And in Aug they didn’t have anything yet it just broke records. Not having the major Software this year shouldn’t be applied to the whole picture. 

The new hardware from Sony and Microsoft will steal a bit of thunder though. Yes I know Nintendo is it's own monster, but the hype is real for PS5/XBSX...

PortisheadBiscuit said:
tbone51 said:

The new hardware from Sony and Microsoft will steal a bit of thunder though. Yes I know Nintendo is it's own monster, but the hype is real for PS5/XBSX...

I get what your saying but Nintendo sales from 2021 and onward aren’t the same consumers who are early adopters for next gen. Most people buying NSW this year aren’t people that would buy a brand new Next gen console.

this isn’t to knock any1 down. First year or so for next gen will be purchase mainly by most hardcore fans