By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 52 & 53, 2023 (Dec 18 - Dec 31)

Phenomajp13 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, and you get it is low of quality, value or performance because you compare to something it isn't directly comparable to, hope to have helped. God help us if anyone calls Switch a mediocre system.

No I described as mediocre due to the software performance, you can't just look at the hardware. Basically hardware good, software bad leading to mediocre overall. That's not hard to understand. It literally has worst software sales than WiiU, how is that excusable. You are obsessed with Switch I see, so please tell me how Switch would be mediocre without telling me something subjective? There is nothing subjective about selling less software than WiiU and being considered poor performance. On the other hand, Switch is the 3rd highest selling platform in hardware history and like 3rd or 4th in software (think PS2, PS4, and PS1 are still above it). Two of those platforms Switch smoked in hardware and I doubt PS1 stays ahead in software, even PS2 doesn't look out of reach but PS4 I think is way too high software wise. Switch is likely the most profitable system in history and maybe PS2 and PS4 have made more revenue. In what way is Switch's global performance comparable to PS5's performance in Japan? 

The software performance you are looking is sales of titles that charted and comparing it to ranking against Switch (that dwarf PS5 even on HW at Japan), I haven't seem yearly totals of SW for PS4 vs PS5 aligned to sustain your claim.

Switch as a hardware is below mediocre when you put it in comparison to PS5, Series S and X. Series S could be said to be mediocre perhaps, but Switch is quite weaker than it. So using the same bogus way of comparing what isn't directly comparable Switch is below mediocre then, but you hardly would agree with it.

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, and you get it is low of quality, value or performance because you compare to something it isn't directly comparable to, hope to have helped. God help us if anyone calls Switch a mediocre system.

I’m not sure why you’re bringing up Switch, to be clear, I never even mentioned PS5 in any of my comments. I was not agreeing or disagreeing that it did mediocre, I was just disagreeing with your statement that, “best in 20 years year automatically means it did well”.

If my business lost money $1 million over the last 20 years and this year I made a $1 profit, I still didn’t have a good year just because it was the better than the last 20.

If a boxer gets knocked out in the first round in 20 straight fights and then makes it to the 2nd round before getting knocked in fight 21, they still didn’t do well despite doing better.

I'm bringing Switch because the user to who I was replying got very offensive when someone dared make a prediction a little lower than the others and afterwards correct it up (sometime after Zelda launched), but is very cool with calling PS5 sales mediocre.

Best in 20 years does automatically means it done well, again it may not have done well compared to other things (and those things aren't even comparable), but it done very well compared to how it was doing before so it can't be mediocre.

Which business would keep afloat losing 1M for 20 years without being governamental or similar? You are making cases of absolute failures for 20 years and suddenly it didn't do so bad. But even in statistic if you pick up those 20 years and have 19 years of -1M and 1 year of 1 the average (mediocre) would be -950,000.05 so 1 wouldn't be mediocre, mean, average, etc.

The boxer certainly would be doing well on his own progress. Let make your example a runner is doing between 11s and 20s on the 100m training for 20 weeks, but on the last 4 weeks instead of being near the 20 it was getting 11-13 and this week he broke out of it and got a 10. That is great.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Phenomajp13 said:

No I described as mediocre due to the software performance, you can't just look at the hardware. Basically hardware good, software bad leading to mediocre overall. That's not hard to understand. It literally has worst software sales than WiiU, how is that excusable. You are obsessed with Switch I see, so please tell me how Switch would be mediocre without telling me something subjective? There is nothing subjective about selling less software than WiiU and being considered poor performance. On the other hand, Switch is the 3rd highest selling platform in hardware history and like 3rd or 4th in software (think PS2, PS4, and PS1 are still above it). Two of those platforms Switch smoked in hardware and I doubt PS1 stays ahead in software, even PS2 doesn't look out of reach but PS4 I think is way too high software wise. Switch is likely the most profitable system in history and maybe PS2 and PS4 have made more revenue. In what way is Switch's global performance comparable to PS5's performance in Japan? 

The software performance you are looking is sales of titles that charted and comparing it to ranking against Switch (that dwarf PS5 even on HW at Japan), I haven't seem yearly totals of SW for PS4 vs PS5 aligned to sustain your claim.

Switch as a hardware is below mediocre when you put it in comparison to PS5, Series S and X. Series S could be said to be mediocre perhaps, but Switch is quite weaker than it. So using the same bogus way of comparing what isn't directly comparable Switch is below mediocre then, but you hardly would agree with it.

zorg1000 said:

I’m not sure why you’re bringing up Switch, to be clear, I never even mentioned PS5 in any of my comments. I was not agreeing or disagreeing that it did mediocre, I was just disagreeing with your statement that, “best in 20 years year automatically means it did well”.

If my business lost money $1 million over the last 20 years and this year I made a $1 profit, I still didn’t have a good year just because it was the better than the last 20.

If a boxer gets knocked out in the first round in 20 straight fights and then makes it to the 2nd round before getting knocked in fight 21, they still didn’t do well despite doing better.

I'm bringing Switch because the user to who I was replying got very offensive when someone dared make a prediction a little lower than the others and afterwards correct it up (sometime after Zelda launched), but is very cool with calling PS5 sales mediocre.

Best in 20 years does automatically means it done well, again it may not have done well compared to other things (and those things aren't even comparable), but it done very well compared to how it was doing before so it can't be mediocre.

Which business would keep afloat losing 1M for 20 years without being governamental or similar? You are making cases of absolute failures for 20 years and suddenly it didn't do so bad. But even in statistic if you pick up those 20 years and have 19 years of -1M and 1 year of 1 the average (mediocre) would be -950,000.05 so 1 wouldn't be mediocre, mean, average, etc.

The boxer certainly would be doing well on his own progress. Let make your example a runner is doing between 11s and 20s on the 100m training for 20 weeks, but on the last 4 weeks instead of being near the 20 it was getting 11-13 and this week he broke out of it and got a 10. That is great.

You haven't seen software sales for PS5 to sustain my claim? Then you clearly aren't looking but since you clearly a huge fan, im not surprised you would close your eyes to this. Are you really saying there is no evidence of PS5 having poor software sales in Japan?

Switch is mediocre to you for a subjective reason. That was exactly my point earlier about being subjectice, Switch hardware being mediocre based on hardware power is the definition of subjectice. PS5 software sales in Japan are not subjectively bad, they are bad. Anything can be considered mediocre based on subjective reasons, I could easily call the PS5 crap for being as inconvenient of a console as it gets. I was literally playing Hogwarts on my porch watching it snow yesterday, guess which console I wouldn't be able to do that with? I plan on taking a flight to Florida in a few weeks to take the children to Disney World, guess which platform I cant play while on my flight? I have 3 docks, allowing me to move it to any tv at anytime. I watched a college basketball game yesterday night while playing my Switch, Xbox and PS are so inferior its not even close. This is combination with the first party ip is the reason why we have a conversation of Switch challenging PS2 for the all time record and never another Playstation platform, the market has spoken not my subjective opinion but the market.

On your last post to Zorg, maybe I shouldn't have come at xtreme about being a liar and instead you. Your logic makes no sense. I never got upset at his pessitimic prediction, that makes no sense. Wouldn't I want to see him eat crow and laugh in his face? I believed he was being dishonest about it, he was called out about having a pessitimic prediction originally but seemed to act like the 4 million was always his prediction. Here you are yet again bending over backwards to dodge what I said and tell a different story.

These analogies from both of you are useless, the PS5 is more than just it's hardware sales. It's software sales are why at best I can describe as mediocre in Japan, your analogies need a second variable. Imagine being the fastest airplane offering me a 30 minute flight instead of the two hour flight I need to Florida but it can only carry one passager at a time? Don't you think I would prefer that faster flight to carry more than just me and probably include my family? That's what the PS5 looks like, it sale as well as it wants but if the software isn't moving with it then that can't be good. Obviously this has lead to the belief that some of this is due to PS5s being exported else where and F2P affecting software sales. This would definitely help explain why its performance in Japan is mediocre, people in Japan don't have the console. Japan has some pretty good pricing compared to the other territories making it a good place to export from, the price went up and the hardware dropped. Don probably has his eyes closed though.

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 17 January 2024

Phenomajp13 said:
DonFerrari said:

zorg1000 said:

You haven't seen software sales for PS5 to sustain my claim? Then you clearly aren't looking but since you clearly a huge fan, im not surprised you would close your eyes to this. Are you really saying there is no evidence of PS5 having poor software sales in Japan?

Switch is mediocre to you for a subjective reason. That was exactly my point earlier about being subjectice, Switch hardware being mediocre based on hardware power is the definition of subjectice. PS5 software sales in Japan are not subjectively bad, they are bad. Anything can be considered mediocre based on subjective reasons, I could easily call the PS5 crap for being as inconvenient of a console as it gets. I was literally playing Hogwarts on my porch watching it snow yesterday, guess which console I wouldn't be able to do that with? I plan on taking a flight to Florida in a few weeks to take the children to Disney World, guess which platform I cant play while on my flight? I have 3 docks, allowing me to move it to any tv at anytime. I watched a college basketball game yesterday night while playing my Switch, Xbox and PS are so inferior its not even close. This is combination with the first party ip is the reason why we have a conversation of Switch challenging PS2 for the all time record and never another Playstation platform, the market has spoken not my subjective opinion but the market.

On your last post to Zorg, maybe I shouldn't have come at xtreme about being a liar and instead you. Your logic makes no sense. I never got upset at his pessitimic prediction, that makes no sense. Wouldn't I want to see him eat crow and laugh in his face? I believed he was being dishonest about it, he was called out about having a pessitimic prediction originally but seemed to act like the 4 million was always his prediction. Here you are yet again bending over backwards to dodge what I said and tell a different story.

These analogies from both of you are useless, the PS5 is more than just it's hardware sales. It's software sales are why at best I can describe as mediocre in Japan, your analogies need a second variable. Imagine being the fastest airplane offering me a 30 minute flight instead of the two hour flight I need to Florida but it can only carry one passager at a time? Don't you think I would prefer that faster flight to carry more than just me and probably include my family? That's what the PS5 looks like, it sale as well as it wants but if the software isn't moving with it then that can't be good. Obviously this has lead to the belief that some of this is due to PS5s being exported else where and F2P affecting software sales. This would definitely help explain why its performance in Japan is mediocre, people in Japan don't have the console. Japan has some pretty good pricing compared to the other territories making it a good place to export from, the price went up and the hardware dropped. Don probably has his eyes closed though.

If you have chart for total SW sold by PS4 and PS5 in Japan why not provide instead of this tirade? Because as I said I have seem the Famitsu charts showing rank per week (in which yes Switch dominates) but not full year sum of all software sold on the system.

HW power is as objective as you can get, their are cold data.

Cool that you like to spin mean to words, from mediocre to liar now.

And you keep talking like you know most of the users for a long time, while being a member for less than a month, won't you disclose your true account of it got perma banned due to poor behavior? Because your current account was already moderated quite a few times in such a short time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Phenomajp13 said:

If you have chart for total SW sold by PS4 and PS5 in Japan why not provide instead of this tirade? Because as I said I have seem the Famitsu charts showing rank per week (in which yes Switch dominates) but not full year sum of all software sold on the system.

And you keep talking like you know most of the users for a long time, while being a member for less than a month, won't you disclose your true account of it got perma banned due to poor behavior? Because your current account was already moderated quite a few times in such a short time.

Would have to link from another forum with the data and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that. I'm I? Regardless you should educate yourself on that if you don't know. You also cant just brush off the PS5 having terrible rankings weekly. Those rankings don't need high figures to enter the top 30 and PS5 still struggles. The current week (Jan 1, 2024 to Jan 7, 2024) for example has the lowest selling game of roughly 4K. How can only a single game on PS5 (Spider-Man 2) be in the top 30? This only requires 4K of sales. That right there should be a big indicator. 

HW power is objective and so is portability/convenience. So what's your point? None of this has anything to do with PS5 selling less software than WiiU and Vita. Is WiiU now a success? I certainly don't think so, so a platform with objectively less software is terrible. PS5 hardware looks good but software looks atrocious, that's why I said mediocre performance in Japan.

I didn't spun anything, you continue to be dishonest about what I said. I clarified it again and you will likely claim that same mess you continue to spew. It's illogical, I want him to eat crow, so why get made at a pessitimic prediction? Obviously if I thought he lied about it then I would have an issue with that.

What are you talking about with this knowing people? We are all random people posting on a forum, I don't need to have been a member here to see your public post on a public website for years. I know xtrem was previously known as yo, I have been a fan of this site for years. Since Wii days when Wii needed massive adjustments because it was very difficult to track. Members have come and gone such as source and the owner or previous owner ioi. Yes I have been watching ever since, Rol is another long time member whom has never cared to become a mod here. I seen him have that conversation. I have been here for probably 15 years. This is all irrelevant, this doesn't matter, stick to what I'm talking about instead of my membership lol. Dispute what I said.

Phenomajp13 said:
DonFerrari said:

Would have to link from another forum with the data and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that. I'm I? Regardless you should educate yourself on that if you don't know. You also cant just brush off the PS5 having terrible rankings weekly. Those rankings don't need high figures to enter the top 30 and PS5 still struggles. The current week (Jan 1, 2024 to Jan 7, 2024) for example has the lowest selling game of roughly 4K. How can only a single game on PS5 (Spider-Man 2) be in the top 30? This only requires 4K of sales. That right there should be a big indicator. 

HW power is objective and so is portability/convenience. So what's your point? None of this has anything to do with PS5 selling less software than WiiU and Vita. Is WiiU now a success? I certainly don't think so, so a platform with objectively less software is terrible. PS5 hardware looks good but software looks atrocious, that's why I said mediocre performance in Japan.

I didn't spun anything, you continue to be dishonest about what I said. I clarified it again and you will likely claim that same mess you continue to spew. It's illogical, I want him to eat crow, so why get made at a pessitimic prediction? Obviously if I thought he lied about it then I would have an issue with that.

What are you talking about with this knowing people? We are all random people posting on a forum, I don't need to have been a member here to see your public post on a public website for years. I know xtrem was previously known as yo, I have been a fan of this site for years. Since Wii days when Wii needed massive adjustments because it was very difficult to track. Members have come and gone such as source and the owner or previous owner ioi. Yes I have been watching ever since, Rol is another long time member whom has never cared to become a mod here. I seen him have that conversation. I have been here for probably 15 years. This is all irrelevant, this doesn't matter, stick to what I'm talking about instead of my membership lol. Dispute what I said.

If the information is credible it isn't from a forum, it is from a tracking company like Circana, Famitsu, etc so even if you saw it in a forum it would have to be sourced from one of those places.

Switch dominates the ranking for console games much stronger than WiiU would, so for a title on PS5 to show on the rank against Switch is much harder than for a PS4 title to show against WiiU.

Top 30 covers only that the 30 most sold titles (and just going for what was showed on the Nintendo userbase purchase of 3rd parties, from like the 52 titles that sold over 1M there was like 7 3rd parties without Nintendo IPs and yet 3rd parties made 50% of total sales per Nintendo report. But if you were to look for global ranking you would seldomly see those titles charting for Nintendo (like pick Circana ranking and look for Switch exclusives that aren't made by Nintendo and how many times do you think they would show)?

Yes PS5 have very few blockbusters in Japan, but that doesn't necessarily means it total SW sales is much worse than PS4 (even if it was tracking behind in HW sales before this year). So looking only at the ranking without having the totals don't help much at all.

Of course Switch power doesn't have anything with PS5 ranking. My point is that if you want to use indirect and poor comparison between things to claim "objectively" mediocre for PS5 sales then it is just as valid to say Switch is a mediocre system.

You love to call people liars and dishonest don't you?

You want us to believe you have been a constant lurker on this site for over 15 years and never had an account here and decided to open one at december of all times and immediately engage in confrontation because someone had a not great Switch prediction that he updated based on more current data but didn't point the exact day he changed his prediction going as far as calling him liar and dishonest and now doing the same with me? Sure, and we are the liars and dishonest.

Around the Network

I may add also that first " eating a crow " is meaning what ? to admit I was wrong about my original 3M to 3.5M range? The post itself I wrote that I can see the Switch reaching 4M is enough to show and prove that I am admitting my original prediction was going to be wrong, cuz I am changing it. So it's the same thing as going out and say " See people my original prediction was wrong".

Second, Some of the people (and no, not only @Phenomajp13, but others as well, @curl-6 and etc.) act like that my prediction was pessimistic all the way from beginning and was like 100% sure that Switch was going to sell better than that. It is normal to expect for a system coming in it's 7th year, from it's 6th year selling 4.7M to drop a little, and 3 to 3.5M is a normal, medium drop for it's next year. It is the normal path on such an old system. So the exception here is actually the end result of 4M. The result because of the TOTK boost. This is the anomaly here, not my original prediction. Just because some people love the Switch, or wanted to sell more, does not make 4M prediction after 4.7M in it's 7 year normal or not high ball. It was high ball and it wasn't very adequate when you have the previous consoles's data back in history how and what they performed in theirs 7th year. So again the anomaly here, the exception, the miracle if you want was the end result that happened. Cuz Switch wasn't supposed to sell 4M in it's 7th year in Japan. A system that old and a system that was 27M lifetime which should be close to saturation point. This is not something you see everytime, or anytime for that matter. The normal way of continuing it's sales was a normal drop to the range I originally posted 3 to 3.5M and that was okay. That was still a good sales for 7th year. So some people, don't act or say it like it wasn't an okay prediction based on the history of previous consoles in japan, and based on the normal trajectory console should have in it's 7th year. I was wrong, but not because my prediction was pessimistic. It got pessimistic in the end, cuz of the end result, But it was realistic preditiction. not Pesimistic one, not optimistic one. Lower than the normal for 7th year you can call pessimistic, like if I said 2M for example. That would be the real pesimistic prediction. 4M was optimistic and high ball for the time being and for a trajectory often consoles have in their 7th year compare to their 5th and 6th years and their last years on the market in general, cuz yes, 7th year can be counted as one of the last years in a console's life.

So please make a difference. There are 3 types of levels, not only 2 as there are often written here (pessimistic and optimisitc) there is realistic too, that is the more natural one and it is in the middle.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 17 January 2024

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

DonFerrari said:
Phenomajp13 said:

If the information is credible it isn't from a forum, it is from a tracking company like Circana, Famitsu, etc so even if you saw it in a forum it would have to be sourced from one of those places.

Switch dominates the ranking for console games much stronger than WiiU would, so for a title on PS5 to show on the rank against Switch is much harder than for a PS4 title to show against WiiU.

Top 30 covers only that the 30 most sold titles (and just going for what was showed on the Nintendo userbase purchase of 3rd parties, from like the 52 titles that sold over 1M there was like 7 3rd parties without Nintendo IPs and yet 3rd parties made 50% of total sales per Nintendo report. But if you were to look for global ranking you would seldomly see those titles charting for Nintendo (like pick Circana ranking and look for Switch exclusives that aren't made by Nintendo and how many times do you think they would show)?

Yes PS5 have very few blockbusters in Japan, but that doesn't necessarily means it total SW sales is much worse than PS4 (even if it was tracking behind in HW sales before this year). So looking only at the ranking without having the totals don't help much at all.

Of course Switch power doesn't have anything with PS5 ranking. My point is that if you want to use indirect and poor comparison between things to claim "objectively" mediocre for PS5 sales then it is just as valid to say Switch is a mediocre system.

You want us to believe you have been a constant lurker on this site for over 15 years and never had an account here and decided to open one at december of all times and immediately engage in confrontation because someone had a not great Switch prediction that he updated based on more current data but didn't point the exact day he changed his prediction going as far as calling him liar and dishonest and now doing the same with me? Sure, and we are the liars and dishonest.

Asking for premission now to post it, it's very alarming and is from Mediacreate. The physical sales of PS5 in Japan are horrendously bad, that's not objective. It's literally worse than WiiU and Vita. Switch being a bad console is subjective, the reasons its bad to you is irrelevant to the market as a whole. You don't speak for all of us, PS5 selling software like crap is the market speaking as a whole and its bad. Unless WiiU is all of a sudden good.

Lol why in the world would you compare a PS4 title up against a WiiU title instead of the previous dominate platfrom in Japan, 3DS? PS4 titles didn't have anywhere near this amount of trouble ranking againgst 3DS titles because PS5 is doing significantly worse than PS4. Also selling less games than WiiU and Vita, all of this is physical so im sure your next excuse will be PS5 games are all digital.

Funny you bring up 3rd party sales in Switch when that list is fully inaccurate. Minecraft was way too low and we don't have every game over 1 million on Switch because 3rd parties don't provide breakdowns most of the time. How do you know none of the Fifas for example haven't sold over a million when you can't even tell me the PS versions sales? Most of the time 3rd parties don't provide breakdowns. With that said, Nintendo is also a behemoth of a software seller and you are comparing massive selling exclusives to multiplatformal releases. If those Nintendo games were exclusive to Playstation consoles, they would also beat those major selling 3rd party games on PS because those major selling 3rd parties on PS would still have the disadvantage of being offered on Xbox and PC leading to the audience being more split than those Nintendo exclusives. You really think any of those CoD's or Fifa games sale over 25 million on just PS? Nintendo's first party exclusives would also fill a PS top10 or 30 easily. Nintendo consoles don't even get the most popular 3rd party games, making it impossible for 3rd parties to compete. The ones they do get are also placed at massive disadvantages vs. those Nintendo behemoths. Hogwarts was late and Fifa got its first real version and PS still has the marketing rights. What major 3rd party games should sell well on Switch? Minecraft and Monster Hunter are two major 3rd party games Switch received and do incredible. Microsoft confirmed Switch is currently leading in sales actually, that's the biggest selling game in history. Monster Hunter Rise was exclusive so that's unfair technically but it did sell just as well has it PS counterpart (Monster Hunter World). This is good for the other thread though so ill end here.

I only call people that lie, dishonest lol. That's kind of how the world works. 

I already told Xtreme in another thread I had a previous account and lost the login info, the site being hacked I guess erased the past post? So no I had an account before. 

XtremeBG said:

I may add also that first " eating a crow " is meaning what ? to admit I was wrong about my original 3M to 3.5M range? The post itself I wrote that I can see the Switch reaching 4M is enough to show and prove that I am admitting my original prediction was going to be wrong, cuz I am changing it. So it's the same thing as going out and say " See people my original prediction was wrong".

Second, Some of the people (and no, not only @Phenomajp13, but others as well, @curl-6 and etc.) act like that my prediction was pessimistic all the way from beginning and was like 100% sure that Switch was going to sell better than that. It is normal to expect for a system coming in it's 7th year, from it's 6th year selling 4.7M to drop a little, and 3 to 3.5M is a normal, medium drop for it's next year. It is the normal path on such an old system. So the exception here is actually the end result of 4M. The result because of the TOTK boost. This is the anomaly here, not my original prediction. Just because some people love the Switch, or wanted to sell more, does not make 4M prediction after 4.7M in it's 7 year normal or not high ball. It was high ball and it wasn't very adequate when you have the previous consoles's data back in history how and what they performed in theirs 7th year. So again the anomaly here, the exception, the miracle if you want was the end result that happened. Cuz Switch wasn't supposed to sell 4M in it's 7th year in Japan. A system that old and a system that was 27M lifetime which should be close to saturation point. This is not something you see everytime, or anytime for that matter. The normal way of continuing it's sales was a normal drop to the range I originally posted 3 to 3.5M and that was okay. That was still a good sales for 7th year. So some people, don't act or say it like it wasn't an okay prediction based on the history of previous consoles in japan, and based on the normal trajectory console should have in it's 7th year. I was wrong, but not because my prediction was pessimistic. It got pessimistic in the end, cuz of the end result, But it was realistic preditiction. not Pesimistic one, not optimistic one. Lower than the normal for 7th year you can call pessimistic, like if I said 2M for example. That would be the real pesimistic prediction. 4M was optimistic and high ball for the time being and for a trajectory often consoles have in their 7th year compare to their 5th and 6th years and their last years on the market in general, cuz yes, 7th year can be counted as one of the last years in a console's life.

So please make a difference. There are 3 types of levels, not only 2 as there are often written here (pessimistic and optimisitc) there is realistic too, that is the more natural one and it is in the middle.

Yes that's what eating crow means but we have been over this before, I felt like you were trying to mislead. It's over now, @DonFerrari continues to be dishonest about what I said. I didn't have an issue with your pessimistic prediction but instead what seemed to be you being dishonest about making it. He continues to claim I had an issue with it being pessitimistic, which doesn't make sense because I would want you to be wrong or "eat crow". All of your post is useless, no one had an issue with your prediction. You stated you were right all along about the 4 million and Curl correctly reminded you of your original 3 to 3.5 million. This isn't about your prediction but the potential dishonesty. We have already cleared this up, its over no need to come to Don's rescue.

XtremeBG said:

I may add also that first " eating a crow " is meaning what ? to admit I was wrong about my original 3M to 3.5M range? The post itself I wrote that I can see the Switch reaching 4M is enough to show and prove that I am admitting my original prediction was going to be wrong, cuz I am changing it. So it's the same thing as going out and say " 

Yes that's what eating crow means but we have been over this before, I felt like you were trying to mislead. It's over now, @DonFerrari continues to be dishonest about what I said. I didn't have an issue with your pessimistic prediction but instead what seemed to be you being dishonest about making it. He continues to claim I had an issue with it being pessitimistic, which doesn't make sense because I would want you to be wrong or "eat crow". All of your post is useless, no one had an issue with your prediction. You stated you were right all along about the 4 million and Curl correctly reminded you of your original 3 to 3.5 million. This isn't about your prediction but the potential dishonesty. We have already cleared this up, its over no need to come to Don's rescue.

Can you do everybody a favor and fuck off already? You’ve been accusing him of being a liar in the last 5 Media Create threads, get over it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Phenomajp13 said:
DonFerrari said:

Asking for premission now to post it, it's very alarming and is from Mediacreate. The physical sales of PS5 in Japan are horrendously bad, that's not objective. It's literally worse than WiiU and Vita. Switch being a bad console is subjective, the reasons its bad to you is irrelevant to the market as a whole. You don't speak for all of us, PS5 selling software like crap is the market speaking as a whole and its bad. Unless WiiU is all of a sudden good.

Lol why in the world would you compare a PS4 title up against a WiiU title instead of the previous dominate platfrom in Japan, 3DS? PS4 titles didn't have anywhere near this amount of trouble ranking againgst 3DS titles because PS5 is doing significantly worse than PS4. Also selling less games than WiiU and Vita, all of this is physical so im sure your next excuse will be PS5 games are all digital.

Funny you bring up 3rd party sales in Switch when that list is fully inaccurate. Minecraft was way too low and we don't have every game over 1 million on Switch because 3rd parties don't provide breakdowns most of the time. How do you know none of the Fifas for example haven't sold over a million when you can't even tell me the PS versions sales? Most of the time 3rd parties don't provide breakdowns. With that said, Nintendo is also a behemoth of a software seller and you are comparing massive selling exclusives to multiplatformal releases. If those Nintendo games were exclusive to Playstation consoles, they would also beat those major selling 3rd party games on PS because those major selling 3rd parties on PS would still have the disadvantage of being offered on Xbox and PC leading to the audience being more split than those Nintendo exclusives. You really think any of those CoD's or Fifa games sale over 25 million on just PS? Nintendo's first party exclusives would also fill a PS top10 or 30 easily. Nintendo consoles don't even get the most popular 3rd party games, making it impossible for 3rd parties to compete. The ones they do get are also placed at massive disadvantages vs. those Nintendo behemoths. Hogwarts was late and Fifa got its first real version and PS still has the marketing rights. What major 3rd party games should sell well on Switch? Minecraft and Monster Hunter are two major 3rd party games Switch received and do incredible. Microsoft confirmed Switch is currently leading in sales actually, that's the biggest selling game in history. Monster Hunter Rise was exclusive so that's unfair technically but it did sell just as well has it PS counterpart (Monster Hunter World). This is good for the other thread though so ill end here.

I only call people that lie, dishonest lol. That's kind of how the world works. 

I already told Xtreme in another thread I had a previous account and lost the login info, the site being hacked I guess erased the past post? So no I had an account before. 

XtremeBG said:

Ok I'll wait for the approval to post sales data. By physical sale you mean SW sales made in physical format? And you do know that in general PS have more digital sales than switch (and Xbox even more, with S pushing the boundary even higher).

Are you putting words on my mouth, lying or being dishonest here? Because I didn't said Switch is bad, I said it is weak and below mediocre IF WE USE THE SAME METHOD AS YOU. If we go and compare Switch HW to PS5/Series/PC Switch is much below average. But that comparison is faulty as is yours on comparing SW sale in japan for Switch and PS5, unless you also want to say that Switch attach ratio is terrible and below mediocre because consoles have an attach ratio of around 12 for like the last 3 gens and Switch is only 8.63?

I did mention 3DS together with the WiiU on the chart argument. Neither of those were as dominating as is Switch so if you only look at ranking and there was more ranking games on PS4 vs 3DS than PS5 vs Switch that is one of the reasons, and digital increase is also another.

You can skip the whole 7 of 52 titles on the 1M club for Switch part if you want. The attach ratio of 8.6 and 50% split of 3rd party comes from Nintendo itself and that give you 4.3 3rd party games on Switch and 11 on PS5 and if you look for total on Switch it is about 0.5B and on PS4 (that is where we had a firm number of 1.5B total in 2021) would be 1.3B and whenever PS5 is mature enough to be over 100M on HW the SW will probably be near that as well. Would you them say that Switch attach ratio is below mediocre and laughable compared to PS?

Regarding your old account I didn't see your post, what was your user?

Phenomajp13 said:
DonFerrari said:

I dont think DonFerrari was referring to Switch global performance (if I'm wrong on that please correct me).

Anyways, regarding PS5 and the WiiU in Japan only.

PS5WiiU
Hardware Sales4.97M3.33M
Software SalesMin 4.35M15.83M

Data comes from VGChartz & Famitsu Top 30 Software 2020-2024. If you find anything better please share with the class.

You are comparing a 3 year old console to a 5 year old console.

You cant compare apples to oranges. But looking at the chart, yes PS5 is having a rough time with PS5 specific software for now. Playstation isn't as popular in Japan as it is in Europe or the Americas.

And I dont appreciate the personal bashing. No one thinks that DonFerrari is a liar. Neither is XtremeBG.

Objective: Verifiable information based on facts and evidence.
Subjective: Subjective relates to personal viewpoints, experiences, or perspectives, whereas objective refers to factual data that is not influenced by personal beliefs or biases.
In this sense, sales are hard facts both software and hardware. Technology comparison between consoles is fact.
Having a preference is an opinion.

Facts don't care about your feelings. Suck it up.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.