By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov 13 - Nov 19)

Phenomajp13 said:

Dude again it's because of your attitude, those high ballers aren't acting like children when they get it wrong. Also lets stop being a coward and call them out then, who are these people? Are you just making them up? Where are their post? Being an untrustworthy person makes it hard to just trust your word you know. 

Dude your prediction isn't just one side of the range, you are only saying that because it makes you look less inaccurate. If you truly believed in 3.5 million, you wouldn't mention 3 million at all. You gave a range because you thought 3 million was a possibility as well as the 3.5 million. But you got childish because everyone knows you were really wanting that 3 million proven by the April post. Also I find it weird you could remember what you said at the beginning of the year or end of last year but didn't remember what you said in April? Selective memory? Or maybe because that prediction was so bad that you wanted no mention of it. Dude again, there is nothing wrong with predictions. It's how you act after them than can be a turn off and is why you get called out.

There is certainly a difference between making a prediction with data (during the year) and making a prediction before the year begins (no data). You are definitely smart enough to understand the difference, that's why its less impressive. Do you play the lottery during the results being read? You adjusted your figures up because you had data. There is a difference between your prediction before the year began and in April. In April you had data and still suggested it would be closer to the 3 million, only after Zelda did you submit and all of a sudden had a change of heart. That's because you had data and was clearly going to be over 500K off and not spot on as you claimed to Curl lol. This is why you get targeted, when you get it wrong, you act like a child. People make bad predictions all the time, hell I thought Mario Wonder was going to be way above Spiderman 2 but clearly atleast initially they will be much closer than I expected. It's how you act after the predictions that put a target on your back. Then making dishonest post doesn't help. You know what you said in April and there is no getting around it.

I didn't post half a year later, this exchange between you and Curl was in November lol. It was maybe a month ago at best. We are in the very thread where the exchange took place. Im simply helping Curl see the dishonesty. I wonder if he feels you should have mentioned what you said in April during your exchange?

With the first three months of data I had back in April (the data was till march) I still wasn't sure if Switch can finish at more than 3.5M. That's why I have written 3M. What is the problem here ? Then the TOTK boosted the sales and I changed the prediction to 4M. What is my behaviour here ? How I act ?

Those people that I am telling you about wrote posts in 2020, 2021, 2022, and even this year, but many of them can't be found because of the hack last year that deleted many posts. You not being there is your problem. I was and I remember. If you don't trust me it's your problem. I know cuz I was there and I remember there were always predictions that ended highballed. And no one called them out. There were highballs after that too. However I will not go and search post by post just to prove to you. If you want you can go. The thing with the Switch is everyone who finishes way higher than real numbers don't get called out. Those who is on the low side (even if he becomes right in the end) get's called out. That is not okay.

I had many exchanges with Curl. That's why I am telling you about the summer. But even the one in november, you are still too late for. Why are you not writing about it then and there, but a month later ? Obviously we can discuss that forever. Cuz I have very very big energy for writing. And you aren't quiting me. But with that you are just spamming the whole forum.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Dude again it's because of your attitude, those high ballers aren't acting like children when they get it wrong. Also lets stop being a coward and call them out then, who are these people? Are you just making them up? Where are their post? Being an untrustworthy person makes it hard to just trust your word you know. 

Dude your prediction isn't just one side of the range, you are only saying that because it makes you look less inaccurate. If you truly believed in 3.5 million, you wouldn't mention 3 million at all. You gave a range because you thought 3 million was a possibility as well as the 3.5 million. But you got childish because everyone knows you were really wanting that 3 million proven by the April post. Also I find it weird you could remember what you said at the beginning of the year or end of last year but didn't remember what you said in April? Selective memory? Or maybe because that prediction was so bad that you wanted no mention of it. Dude again, there is nothing wrong with predictions. It's how you act after them than can be a turn off and is why you get called out.

There is certainly a difference between making a prediction with data (during the year) and making a prediction before the year begins (no data). You are definitely smart enough to understand the difference, that's why its less impressive. Do you play the lottery during the results being read? You adjusted your figures up because you had data. There is a difference between your prediction before the year began and in April. In April you had data and still suggested it would be closer to the 3 million, only after Zelda did you submit and all of a sudden had a change of heart. That's because you had data and was clearly going to be over 500K off and not spot on as you claimed to Curl lol. This is why you get targeted, when you get it wrong, you act like a child. People make bad predictions all the time, hell I thought Mario Wonder was going to be way above Spiderman 2 but clearly atleast initially they will be much closer than I expected. It's how you act after the predictions that put a target on your back. Then making dishonest post doesn't help. You know what you said in April and there is no getting around it.

I didn't post half a year later, this exange between you and Curl was in November lol. It was maybe a month ago at best.

children, childish, child, coward, liar, untrustworthy, console warrior, selective memory, coward, dishonest, 

These are just some of the words being used in your name-calling, none of which are convincing me or others that XtremeBG is any of these.

To me, you are just coming off as an ass.  

Are you here to actually contribute something? Why have you not posted anything that could actually defend him if you think I am wrong? Maybe, Im an ass but clearly you agree that his behavior is suspect.

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I didn't post half a year later, this exchange between you and Curl was in November lol. It was maybe a month ago at best. We are in the very thread where the exchange took place. Im simply helping Curl see the dishonesty. I wonder if he feels you should have mentioned what you said in April during your exchange?

With the first three months of data I had back in April (the data was till march) I still wasn't sure if Switch can finish at more than 3.5M. That's why I have written 3M. What is the problem here ? Then the TOTK boosted the sales and I changed the prediction to 4M. What is my behaviour here ? How I act ?

Those people that I am telling you about wrote posts in 2020, 2021, 2022, and even this year, but many of them can't be found because of the hack last year that deleted many posts. You not being there is your problem. I was and I remember. If you don't trust me it's your problem. I know cuz I was there and I remember there were always predictions that ended highballed. And no one called them out. There were highballs after that too. However I will not go and search post by post just to prove to you. If you want you can go. The thing with the Switch is everyone who finishes way higher than real numbers don't get called out. Those who is on the low side (even if he becomes right in the end) get's called out. That is not okay.

I had many exchanges with Curl. That's why I am telling you about the summer. But even the one in november, you are still too late for. Why are you not writing about it then and there, but a month later ? Obviously we can discuss that forever. Cuz I have very very big energy for writing. And you aren't quiting me. But with that you are just spamming the whole forum.

Lol, so instead of providing evidence you seek a cop out. No need for you to continue to bring up all the people that high ball Switch if you can't even point out any evidence. I don't believe you, because you are proven dishonest. Why would I believe you then? I have shown evidence of what you said, you then was dishonest about it. You really don't make an once of sense, "Those who is on the low side (even if he becomes right in the end) get's called out." like what is this. Becomes right? Dude you changed your prediction, it didn't become right. If you can change your prediction then so can anyone else, so why are you hell bent on calling those high ballers out? Everyone was right, if we are just going to run around changing our predictions as soon as we get it wrong lol. So what makes you right? We all were right lol. Nobody's special! Who are the others that low ball Switch and get called out? It's just you, due to your behavior and post. This very thread of you acting like you were right all along is exactly what Curl called out. That's why he said something, what is so hard to understand about this? You reiterated 3 million in April and was way off. Then acted childish when your prediction was pointed out after acting like you were right all along. That's what was called out. Its really that simple.

Edit: Your friend I quoted could have said I was wrong about you, but instead was more focused on calling me an ass. Why do you think that is? That person is calling me an ass because everyone here knows your attitude is why you get called out like this. Others making bad predictions isn't called out because they don't run around changing their prediction when it's wrong and posting about how right they were. Knowing damn well what you originally said.

Phenomajp13 said:

Lol, so instead of providing evidence you seek a cop out. No need for you to continue to bring up all the people that high ball Switch if you can't even point out any evidence. I don't believe you, because you are proven dishonest. Why would I believe you then? I have shown evidence of what you said, you then was dishonest about it. You really don't make an once of sense, "Those who is on the low side (even if he becomes right in the end) get's called out." like what is this. Becomes right? Dude you changed your prediction, it didn't become right. If you can change your prediction then so can anyone else, so why are you hell bent on calling those high ballers out? Everyone was right, if we are just going to run around changing our predictions as soon as we get it wrong lol. So what makes you right? We all were right lol. Nobody's special! Who are the others that low ball Switch and get called out? It's just you, due to your behavior and post. This very thread of you acting like you were right all along is exactly what Curl called out. That's why he said something, what is so hard to understand about this? You reiterated 3 million in April and was way off. Then acted childish when your prediction was pointed out after acting like you were right all along. That's what was called out. Its really that simple.

Edit: Your friend I quoted could have said I was wrong about you, but instead was more focused on calling me an ass. Why do you think that is? That person is calling me an ass because everyone here knows your attitude is why you get called out like this. Others making bad predictions isn't called out because they don't run around changing their prediction when it's wrong and posting about how right they were. Knowing damn well what you originally said.

Those people didn't change their predictions, this is the difference. And of course you can't change your prediction nearing the final line. Changing it early in the year is okay. So no one was right (from those high balling in the years and numbers I said in my previous post). They are just not called out cuz most of them are team Switch. I am the only one called cuz I have the balls to say my predictions without concerning that 15 Switch lovers may jump on me for my realist (for them lowballing) predictions. There were no one else saying the numbers I have said and yet I was right about almost every of them. Missed this for Japan by 500k only this year. And yes here it is I am saying my earliest prediction was wrong. So I don't like childish or trying to turn the things around like you said I am. And I even told it to curl earlier that my prediction was changed and the first prediction for this year was wrong obviously. So you are in denial. My behaviour is normal just like everyone else. And hiding behind anonymous account, without anyone be able to see or critisize your posts like you do is not exactly fine.

Also don't mess other people here. I can't speak about what other have said. I can speak what I've said. And again I don't care what anyone thinks. I won't change my posts, wording, opinions or anything just because some anonymous random person like you thinks I am a liar or dishonest. I am whatever you want I am. The only thing you are doing here is spamming. Not showing everyone anything.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 20 December 2023

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Those people didn't change their predictions, this is the difference. And of course you can't change your prediction nearing the final line. Changing it early in the year is okay. So no one was right (from those high balling in the years and numbers I said in my previous post). They are just not called out cuz most of them are team Switch. I am the only one called cuz I have the balls to say my predictions (which were low in compare to others) There were no one else saying the numbers I have said and yet I was right about almost every of them. Missed this for Japan by 500k only this year. And yes here it is I am saying my earliest prediction was wrong. So I don't like childish or trying to turn the things around like you said I am. And I even told it to curl earlier that my prediction was changed and the first prediction for this year was wrong obviously. So you are in denial. My behaviour is normal just like everyone else. And hiding behind anonymous account, without anyone be able to see or critisize your posts like you do is not exactly fine.

Also don't mess other people here. I can't speak about what other have said. I can speak what I've said. And again I don't care what anyone thinks. I won't change my posts, wording, opinions or anything just because some anonymous random person like you thinks I am a liar or dishonest. I am whatever you want I am. The only thing you are doing here is spamming. Not showing everyone anything.

Nah several have made similar predictions to yours, Farsala for example probably agreed with your initial prediction before the year. I've been a lurker here for years, I say this site during the Wii era lol. Posters like ioi, thesource, and Rol. I've first found this site in 2008 during the explosive era of Wii. Just some background on me. Don't change buddy who you are. We all are anonymous by the way and we all are random. What do you think Switch will ship next fiscal year (April 2024 to March 2025)? Im thinking between 8 and 9 million with a 10 million max. Putting Switch around 150 million as of March 2025 and I expect Switch 2 to launch November 2024. I expect the Switch to finish it life between 155 and 160 million, so it will be interesting.

*steps into thread wondering why it blew up a month later*

*looks around, walks right back out*

nothing to see here folks。。。。move along

我是广州人

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

Nah several have made similar predictions to yours, Farsala for example probably agreed with your initial prediction before the year. I've been a lurker here for years, I say this site during the Wii era lol. Posters like ioi, thesource, and Rol. I've first found this site in 2008 during the explosive era of Wii. Just some background on me. Don't change buddy who you are. We all are anonymous by the way and we all are random. What do you think Switch will ship next fiscal year (April 2024 to March 2025)? Im thinking between 8 and 9 million with a 10 million max. Putting Switch around 150 million as of March 2025 and I expect Switch 2 to launch November 2024. I expect the Switch to finish it life between 155 and 160 million, so it will be interesting.

So you are giving the torch eh ? You are giving up with the debate .. It just got interesting.. sadly I had energy for much more writing about how I am right and how you are wrong .. On the question, I have already answered in a few of my previous posts. Go search and read what I have written.

Sony first party game sales leaked (February 2022 data) and it includes breakdown of how many were sold in SIEJA territories. I assume SIEJA covers some areas outside of Japan too but never-the-less it's nice to get some updated data for Sony game sales in Asia.

Famitsu LTD numbers only include physical sell-through estimates in Japan and only update if the game sells enough that week to make the list which means the gap between Famitsu LTD numbers and actual shipments to Sony Interactive Japan territories massive.

Game Famitsu FW Famitsu LTD SIEJA Shipments (Feb 2022)
Horizon Zero Dawn 110k 210k 2,509k
The Last of Us Remastered 29k 168k 2,422k
God of War 50k 104k 2,313k
Uncharted 4 124k 179k 1,865k
Spider-Man 133k 320k 1,815k
Bloodborne 150k 230k 1,606k
Ghost of Tshushima 213k 445k 1,445k
Gran Turismo Sport 139k 267k 1,427k
Detroit Become Human 30k 111k 1,069k
The Last of Us 2 179k 233k 1,030k
Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection 20k 53k 899k
God of War 3 Remastered 45k 129k 899k
Death Stranding 186k 263k 877k
Spider-Man Miles Morales 42k 147k 668k
Days Gone 114k 193k 651k
Driveclub 8k 9k 547k
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 21k 30k 534k
inFAMOUS Second Son 40k 56k 477k
LittleBigPlanet 3 ? ? 443k
Until Dawn 18k 22k 404k
Ratchet & Clank 21k 33k 353k
Ghost of Tshushima Director's Cut 14k 46k 353k
Demon's Souls 19k 77k 271k
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart 15k 24k 191k
Sackboy: A Big Adventure ? ? 140k
Returnal 7k 15k 91k
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves 3k 3k 57k
Predator Hunting Grounds 9k 13k 42k
Death Stranding Director's Cut 3k 14k 37k
MLB The Show 21 ? ? 36k

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 20 December 2023

Phenomajp13 said:
XtremeBG said:

Those people didn't change their predictions, this is the difference. And of course you can't change your prediction nearing the final line. Changing it early in the year is okay. So no one was right (from those high balling in the years and numbers I said in my previous post). They are just not called out cuz most of them are team Switch. I am the only one called cuz I have the balls to say my predictions (which were low in compare to others) There were no one else saying the numbers I have said and yet I was right about almost every of them. Missed this for Japan by 500k only this year. And yes here it is I am saying my earliest prediction was wrong. So I don't like childish or trying to turn the things around like you said I am. And I even told it to curl earlier that my prediction was changed and the first prediction for this year was wrong obviously. So you are in denial. My behaviour is normal just like everyone else. And hiding behind anonymous account, without anyone be able to see or critisize your posts like you do is not exactly fine.

I predicted 4.8m in September. Curl-6 predicted 4.5m. Slownenberg predicted 4.464m. XtremeBG predicted 4m.

Is @Lostaccount you? Because he predicted 4.7-5m.

But hey, we were all very much wrong with XtremeBG looking to be the best predictor.

I also made a prediction mid November. About 4.2m, again it looks like I predicted too high even with so much data.

I have predicted before and in early this year 3 to 3.5M range. I was wrong. No doubt about that. However most of my other predictions came true. First was the famous 15 to 18M range for 2022 which I repeatedly written with an if factor. And that if factor was if PS5/XBSX were in full stock all the year. They weren't. And to me this thing would've surely move some sales of of the Switch to PS5/XB. Even with they not being in full stock my range came much closer than many predicted for this year ( I remeber very clearly how most of the predictions for 2022 were between 20 and 23/24M. My predicted range came short only by 1M even without my "if" coming to reality. Of course by around the half of the year when I saw the stock problem still persist I adjust it slightly to 18 to 20M range and I was exact on point. Even if we count this original prediction (15 to 18M range, even though it was with "if") as wrong it still was very close to the reality and still much closer than most of the other ones, I also had called 25M for 2021 for Switch. I was exactly on point. (it is 24M now, however before the adjustments the data we had Switch ended with 25M. the adjustments to 24M came almost year later. The next prediction I am on point is for this year 2023 for Switch making between 12 and 16M and I will be again on point. My prediction we can count as not coming true were the japan for 3 to 3.5M (500k off). Other 2 are on point. So all in all I can't be called bad predictor too. I have 2 out of 4 predictions on point. I have 1 off and 1 very debatable but just for not going into discussion again, even if I agree on calling it wrong, I was way closer than most of the people. Also bad predictor means you to be wayy of all of you predictions. on all of mines I have been either on point or only slightly off.

@Farsala I can't say I am the best predictor, I don't know who even can say is the best. However I don't think I am a bad either. I think I am a good one, and with the time when I make new and more predictions I will prove as a good one. (Since 4 isn't much)

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 20 December 2023

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I wasn't calling you a criminal, that was just a comparson. I'm not telling you to change anything, I said your behavior can be atrocious when it comes to anything involving Switch. Ill let it be though, you are who you are. Regardless, changing a prediction half way through the year is not impressive lol, not sure why you continue to paint that picture. I do believe you said a range of 3 to 3.5 millon for the record but obviously you doubled down on closer to 3 million when you made that post in April. Are we done here?

April isn't half. And even if it was half what ? I can change whatever I want whenever I want. And I will if I want to. 500k isn't a big change. Also why not calling out other people that may have changed their predictions and what is the problem in general with changing prediction ? You are just trying to hate on me or insult. This is the truth.

Also that can't be called a prediction, as I was explaining about a question about the comparisons. I said that I expect sales to be more closer to 3M. Also in April the data we have was until march so we were still in the first months of the year. Half is july when we have the june data.

Sony and Nintendo change their forecast of the year whenever sales are above or below their original forecast and/or headwinds/unforseen good circumstances show up. No one would call they liars for changing their forecast of the year based of newer data. They would be liars if they had more precise data and hide it to manipulate the stock shares for whatever reason (like lowering price to be able to buy or increasing to sell or get better bonus).

The logic of this alt is very odd.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."