By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov 13 - Nov 19)

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

So I guess you got me there, everyone already knows what you are lol. Doesn't hurt to show the obvious post proving it though. This man literally tried to deny saying the Switch would sale closer to 2.8 million in April 2023, acting like he predicted 4 million all a long lol. That was truly the saddest thing I have ever seen.

Everyone knows me what I am or who I am and I have decent views of my threads every week and month. And thanks to you they just got even more. Thank you. I am happy when what I've work to do is seen by as many people as possible.

Those decent views are due to your pretty good contribution to the site, you are a good contributor. I visit those threads myself as a lurker but its disappointing to see you then act like a child. Make your predictions no matter how much others disagree but don't then act like a child when people point out your takes. Then you try to change them and it comes off as a liar. I don't care about me being banned for calling you what you are. It's like locking someone up for calling a killer a murderer. You would rather lock up the person calling the other a murderer than the actual murderer? That's not how society works, so when someone dishonest and lies comes about, they need to be called out. Your contribution doesn't go unoticed but neither do your lies.

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

Those decent views are due to your pretty good contribution to the site, you are a good contributor. I visit those threads myself as a lurker but its disappointing to see you then act like a child. Make your predictions no matter how much others disagree but don't then act like a child when people point out your takes. Then you try to change them and it comes off as a liar. I don't care about me being banned for calling you what you are. It's like locking someone up for calling a killer a murderer. You would rather lock up the person calling the other a murderer than the actual murderer? That's not how society works, so when someone dishonest and lies comes about, they need to be called out. Your contribution doesn't go unoticed but neither do your lies.

I can change whatever I want, whenever I want, and you are no one to tells me when or where or what or how to change. I am not hiding it. I gave Switch late last year, and maybe even heading into this year, a prediction of about 3.5M yes (Or maybe it was range 3M to 3.5M) . That is true. No one is hiding it. I was about 500k off. And ? What of that ? 

Of course you don't care being banned. You are an empty account. What there is to care ? So someone have to lock me up eh ? Okay, it seems I made a crime. lol Opinions or predictions can't be categorized as lies, or truths, go inform yourself. Also I was called out when there was a need to. As I said, you are late to the party. And your call out as you can see does not do any job. In fact it's very suspicious how you from a single post about PS2, went to calling out people for lying based on their opinions and predictions. Nice logic there.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 19 December 2023

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I can change whatever I want, whenever I want, and you are no one to tells me when or where or what or how to change. I am not hiding it. I gave Switch late last year, and maybe even heading into this year, a prediction of about 3.5M yes (Or maybe it was range 3M to 3.5M) . That is true. No one is hiding it. I was about 500k off. And ? What of that ? 

Of course you don't care being banned. You are an empty account. What there is to care ? So someone have to lock me up eh ? Okay, it seems I made a crime. lol Opinions or predictions can't be categorized as lies, or truths, go inform yourself.

I wasn't calling you a criminal, that was just a comparson. I'm not telling you to change anything, I said your behavior can be atrocious when it comes to anything involving Switch. Ill let it be though, you are who you are. Regardless, changing a prediction half way through the year is not impressive lol, not sure why you continue to paint that picture. I do believe you said a range of 3 to 3.5 millon for the record but obviously you doubled down on closer to 3 million when you made that post in April. Are we done here?

Phenomajp13 said:

I wasn't calling you a criminal, that was just a comparson. I'm not telling you to change anything, I said your behavior can be atrocious when it comes to anything involving Switch. Ill let it be though, you are who you are. Regardless, changing a prediction half way through the year is not impressive lol, not sure why you continue to paint that picture. I do believe you said a range of 3 to 3.5 millon for the record but obviously you doubled down on closer to 3 million when you made that post in April. Are we done here?

April isn't half. And even if it was half what ? I can change whatever I want whenever I want. And I will if I want to. 500k isn't a big change. Also why not calling out other people that may have changed their predictions and what is the problem in general with changing prediction ? You are just trying to hate on me or insult. This is the truth.

Also that can't be called a prediction, as I was explaining about a question about the comparisons. I said that I expect sales to be more closer to 3M. Also in April the data we have was until march so we were still in the first months of the year. Half is july when we have the june data.

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

April isn't half. And even if it was half what ? I can change whatever I want whenever I want. And I will if I want to. 500k isn't a big change. Also why not calling out other people that may have changed their predictions and what is the problem in general with changing prediction ? You are just trying to hate on me or insult. This is the truth.

Because the other posters don't act like children when they are wrong. 500K is pretty large and its more than that because you are still trying to act like you didn't say what you said in April. Closer to 2.8 million is what you said, time to deal with it. No one is hating on a bad predictor lol. Like what?

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

Because the other posters don't act like children when they are wrong. 500K is pretty large and its more than that because you are still trying to act like you didn't say what you said in April. Closer to 2.8 million is what you said, time to deal with it. No one is hating on a bad predictor lol. Like what?

This is still not a prediction, but opinion. Because I am saying what I think it's more likely. My official prediction was still the range of 3 to 3.5M so the difference between my high frame to 4M is 500k. And going by the 4.7M it sold the year before that, is normal and expected number for this year. So you can't blame me about prediction range of 3 to 3.5M. Many other people would think the same when you consider you are in system's 7th year on the market. There are other systems that have even falled way more than that in the same point in time in their lives.

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

This is still not a prediction, but opinion. Because I am saying what I think it's more likely. My official prediction was still the range of 3 to 3.5M so the difference between my high frame to 4M is 500k.

No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't matter. Im not sure what you even mean by this. My opinion vs my prediction, what does this even mean? You realize they are both your opinions right? Your opinion was closer to 3 million but your officail range is 3 to 3.5 million, nothing wrong with that. Instead when Curl called that out, you acted like 4 million was always your view and told Curl your 3.5 million prediction was before the year began. You never stated to Curl how in April, you stated it would be closer to the 3 million/lower end. That was you being dishonest, nothing more. I find it rich that you can have a range but want to call out people that included 4.5 million in their range? Their 4.5 million was more accurate than your 3 million. 

Phenomajp13 said:

No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't matter. Im not sure what you even mean by this. My opinion vs my prediction, what does this even mean? You realize they are both your opinions right? Your opinion was closer to 3 million but your officail range is 3 to 3.5 million, nothing wrong with that. Instead when Curl called that out, you acted like 4 million was always your view and told Curl your 3.5 million prediction was before the year began. You never stated to Curl how in April, you stated it would be closer to the 3 million/lower end. That was you being dishonest, nothing more. I find it rich that you can have a range but want to call out people that included 4.5 million in their range? Their 4.5 million was more accurate than your 3 million. 

The predictions are written often, and are written before year starts or early in the year. This post that you quoted was answer to a question Why I don't put stronger competitor. And I am saying with the data until march that I think Switch has bigger chance of finishing closer to 3M than way above it. However my prediction range is still 3 to 3.5M. When Curl asked, I told him I had prediction from late last year or earlier this year, I don't remember exactly when. So it can be both ways. This prediction was 3.5M or 3 to 3.5M As I wasn't 100% what I have written exactly the range or exact number - 3.5M. I and many others are writing many posts, No one can remember exactly every post he has written at every single moment. I changed the prediction to 4M later in the year when Switch got the boost from TOTK. There is no difference if my prediction was before the year began or in the first months. In fact If I call right it was both cuz normally I am saying my predictions often not only 1 time per year. Also when you have a problem of what I have answered to Curl you could post right then and there. Not half year later.. Nothing is dishonest.

Another question. Why are people not called about highballing and telling 26-27M back in 2021 ? telling 24/25M in 2022 and telling 5M for japan this year ? Why are only the low side predictions called out and no one is talking about all of those who gave way higher predictions for the Switch than the real sales happened to be ? So no one has a problem with them but all of a sudden when I am on the low side it's a problem ?

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

The predictions are written often, and are written before year starts or early in the year. This post that you quoted was answer to a question Why I don't put stronger competitor. And I am saying with the data until march that I think Switch has bigger chance of finishing closer to 3M than way above it. However my prediction range is still 3 to 3.5M. When Curl asked, I told him I had prediction from late last year or earlier this year, I don't remember exactly when. So it can be both ways. This prediction was 3.5M or 3 to 3.5M As I wasn't 100% what I have written exactly the range or exact number - 3.5M. I and many others are writing many posts, No one can remember exactly every post he has written at every single moment. I changed the prediction to 4M later in the year when Switch got the boost from TOTK. There is no difference if my prediction was before the year began or in the first months. In fact If I call right it was both cuz normally I am saying my predictions often not only 1 time per year. Also when you have a problem of what I have answered to Curl you could post right then and there. Not half year later.. Nothing is dishonest.

Another question. Why are people not called about highballing and telling 26-27M back in 2021 ? telling 24/25M in 2022 and telling 5M for japan this year ? Why are only the low side predictions called out and no one is talking about all of those who gave way higher predictions for the Switch than the real sales happened to be ? So no one has a problem with them but all of a sudden when I am on the low side it's a problem ?

Dude again it's because of your attitude, those high ballers aren't acting like children when they get it wrong. Also lets stop being a coward and call them out then, who are these people? Are you just making them up? Where are their post? Being an untrustworthy person makes it hard to just trust your word you know. 

Dude your prediction isn't just one side of the range, you are only saying that because it makes you look less inaccurate. If you truly believed in 3.5 million, you wouldn't mention 3 million at all. You gave a range because you thought 3 million was a possibility as well as the 3.5 million. But you got childish because everyone knows you were really wanting that 3 million proven by the April post. Also I find it weird you could remember what you said at the beginning of the year or end of last year but didn't remember what you said in April? Selective memory? Or maybe because that prediction was so bad that you wanted no mention of it. Dude again, there is nothing wrong with predictions. It's how you act after them than can be a turn off and is why you get called out.

There is certainly a difference between making a prediction with data (during the year) and making a prediction before the year begins (no data). You are definitely smart enough to understand the difference, that's why its less impressive. Do you play the lottery during the results being read? You adjusted your figures up because you had data. There is a difference between your prediction before the year began and in April. In April you had data and still suggested it would be closer to the 3 million, only after Zelda did you submit and all of a sudden had a change of heart. That's because you had data and was clearly going to be over 500K off and not spot on as you claimed to Curl lol. This is why you get targeted, when you get it wrong, you act like a child. People make bad predictions all the time, hell I thought Mario Wonder was going to be way above Spiderman 2 but clearly atleast initially they will be much closer than I expected. It's how you act after the predictions that put a target on your back. Then making dishonest post doesn't help. You know what you said in April and there is no getting around it.

I didn't post half a year later, this exchange between you and Curl was in November lol. It was maybe a month ago at best. We are in the very thread where the exchange took place. Im simply helping Curl see the dishonesty. I wonder if he feels you should have mentioned what you said in April during your exchange?

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 19 December 2023

Phenomajp13 said:

Dude again it's because of your attitude, those high ballers aren't acting like children when they get it wrong. Also lets stop being a coward and call them out then, who are these people? Are you just making them up? Where are their post? Being an untrustworthy person makes it hard to just trust your word you know. 

Dude your prediction isn't just one side of the range, you are only saying that because it makes you look less inaccurate. If you truly believed in 3.5 million, you wouldn't mention 3 million at all. You gave a range because you thought 3 million was a possibility as well as the 3.5 million. But you got childish because everyone knows you were really wanting that 3 million proven by the April post. Also I find it weird you could remember what you said at the beginning of the year or end of last year but didn't remember what you said in April? Selective memory? Or maybe because that prediction was so bad that you wanted no mention of it. Dude again, there is nothing wrong with predictions. It's how you act after them than can be a turn off and is why you get called out.

There is certainly a difference between making a prediction with data (during the year) and making a prediction before the year begins (no data). You are definitely smart enough to understand the difference, that's why its less impressive. Do you play the lottery during the results being read? You adjusted your figures up because you had data. There is a difference between your prediction before the year began and in April. In April you had data and still suggested it would be closer to the 3 million, only after Zelda did you submit and all of a sudden had a change of heart. That's because you had data and was clearly going to be over 500K off and not spot on as you claimed to Curl lol. This is why you get targeted, when you get it wrong, you act like a child. People make bad predictions all the time, hell I thought Mario Wonder was going to be way above Spiderman 2 but clearly atleast initially they will be much closer than I expected. It's how you act after the predictions that put a target on your back. Then making dishonest post doesn't help. You know what you said in April and there is no getting around it.

I didn't post half a year later, this exange between you and Curl was in November lol. It was maybe a month ago at best.

children, childish, child, coward, liar, untrustworthy, console warrior, selective memory, coward, dishonest, 

These are just some of the words being used in your name-calling, none of which are convincing me or others that XtremeBG is any of these.

To me, you are just coming off as an ass.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.