By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov 13 - Nov 19)

XtremeBG said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Those are great charts as always, subscribed!

How about a comparison between 2023 Switch and 2010 DS?

2.8M and 3.3M are not so far away one from another. So if Switch starts to fall behind 3DS'14, I will change it to DS'10.

However overall for the year I also think Switch will be more closer to the DS'2.8M than 3DS'3.3M at the end.

Those holidays numbers will be though call for Switch this year.

XtremeBG said:
curl-6 said:

Momotaro has been one of the breakout hits of the generation in Japan, outselling even some big first party Nintendo games, and the new one seems to be continuing the trend. 

Also, Mario Wonder joins the million sellers in Japan club.

I seem to remember you also predicted 3.5 million early in the year, which we're passed now, but to be fair, the Switch moves in mysterious ways and has proven remarkably tricky to predict.

I predicted 3.5M in late last year, when this year didn't even started.

Once we get to around spring maybe, and we all were blown out of the Switch stronger than normal start for it's 7th year in japan, many people changed their predictions, including me. So I refer to this one.

I also remeber you predicting it above 4.5M to 4.7M/4.8M if I am not mistaken. And if Switch don't get big holiday boost in the sort of 200k weekly, I can't see it reaching that.

You literally said this in April 2023, so yes you were certainly sticking to your 3.5 million prediction well into 2023. I would say you even lowered your prediction, considering you said closer to the 2.8 for DS than 3.3 for 3DS.

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:
XtremeBG said:

2.8M and 3.3M are not so far away one from another. So if Switch starts to fall behind 3DS'14, I will change it to DS'10.

However overall for the year I also think Switch will be more closer to the DS'2.8M than 3DS'3.3M at the end.

Those holidays numbers will be though call for Switch this year.

You literally said this in April 2023, so yes you were certainly sticking to your 3.5 million prediction well into 2023. I would say you even lowered your prediction, considering you said closer to the 2.8 for DS than 3.3 for 3DS.

I said this as an answer of why I made the comparison I made. Not because it's my prediction. My prediction as I've written was from last year and then in around the spring I think it was I changed it slightly to 4M. As you can see I was right. The holiday numbers for the Switch were and are even lower than I myself expected. Even back then I would call that Switch would get to at least 100k weekly. Here we are with the data till mid december and Switch still does not have week of over 100k.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I said this as an answer of why I made the comparison I made. Not because it's my prediction. My prediction as I've written was from last year and then in around the spring I think it was I changed it slightly to 4M. As you can see I was right. The holiday numbers for the Switch were and are even lower than I myself expected. Even back then I would call that Switch would get to at least 100k weekly. Here we are with the data till mid december and Switch still does not have week of over 100k.

Lol stop dude, you literally said it will be closer to DS 2.8 million. Like stop, that's not even how predictions work. You can't just change your outcome when it becomes clear you will be wrong. Imaging betting on a game and at half time your favorite team is down by 30 so you want to change your bet lol. Do you really think that would fly? Of course not, it isn't impressive at all to change your bet because clearly you will be wrong based of the results. Can you link me this post of your change to 4 million atleast because I can't find it. So far all I see is Switch will be closer to 2.8 million, something you said in April.

Phenomajp13 said:

Lol stop dude, you literally said it will be closer to DS 2.8 million. Like stop, that's not even how predictions work. You can't just change your outcome when it becomes clear you will be wrong. Imaging betting on a game and at half time your favorite team is down by 30 so you want to change your bet lol. Do you really think that would fly? Of course not, it isn't impressive at all to change your bet because clearly you will be wrong based of the results. Can you link me this post of your change to 4 million atleast because I can't find it. So far all I see is Switch will be closer to 2.8 million, something you said in April.

That is your problem. Search and find whatever you want. I am not explaining or giving you anything. And I am not proving anything to you. Just like I say in my other post, think of me whatever you want I don't care, think that I am the baddest and worst person on earth, I don't care. Of course late last year and early this year I had predicted the Switch of 3.5M or it maybe even 3 to 3.5M range. Maybe that's why I have written that. And what ? What does this change ? Saying that I though it's more likely to go to 2.8 than 3.3M is not changing the prediction. Also it's normal for everyone to expect system going in it's 7th year to have decline from 4.7M to 3.5M. Just the Switch's year became stronger than everyone expected (excluding holidays).

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 19 December 2023

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

That is your problem. Search and find whatever you want. I am not explaining or giving you anything. And I am not proving anything to you. Just like I say in my other post, think of me whatever you want I don't care, think that I am the baddest and worst person on earth, I don't care. Of course late last year and early this year I had predicted the Switch of 3.5M or it maybe even 3 to 3.5M range. Maybe that's why I have written that. And what ? What does this change ? Saying that I though it's more likely to go to 2.8 than 3.3M is not changing the prediction. Also it's normal for everyone to expect system going in it's 7th year to have decline from 4.7M to 3.5M. Just the Switch's year became stronger than everyone expected (excluding holidays).

I have no issue with you, pointing out inconsitenices should be apprecited by the other posters. 

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

I have no issue with you, pointing out inconsitenices should be apprecited by the other posters. 

Everything is appreciated, be sure of that. Also I am not stopping with my post about Switch or every other system for that matter. Both positive and negative (depending on the situation). I am just starting.

So if you or 100000 more people don't agree with me or don't like my posts guest what ? I don't care. I won't stop. I will tell and write whatever I think. And I will be quoting @curl if I want to or everyone else If I want or see fit about. And they may quote me back. And there may be hundreds of debates or discussions. And you can't change that. So get ready. 2024 and the years to come are ahead! I am not going anywhere. Not are my predictions, posts, opinions, or even threads. Tell me liar or whatever other word you want. I will change or not change or do whatever I see fit, when I see fit, how I see fit. That's it. Whoever appreciate it I am happy about. Who not - I can wish only luck and wellness.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 19 December 2023

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Everything is appreciated, be sure of that.

Also I am not stopping with my post about Switch or every other system for that matter. Both positive and negative (depending on the situation). I am just starting.

So if you or 100000 more people don't agree with me or don't like my posts guest what ? I don't care. I won't stop. I will tell and write whatever I think. And I will be quoting @curl if I want to or everyone else If I want or see fit about. And they may quote me back. And there may be hundreds of debates or discussions. And you can't change that. So get ready. 2024 and the years to come are ahead! I am not going anywhere. Not are my predictions, posts, opinions, or even threads. Tell me liar or whatever other word you want. I will change or not change or do whatever I see fit, when I see fit, how I see fit. That's it. Whoever appreciate it I am happy about. Who not - I can wish only luck and wellness.

Im not asking you to stop, I was just pointing out to the rest of the site, you are a dishonest person or a liar. You can post whatever you want, doesn't change what you are.

Phenomajp13 said:

Im not asking you to stop, I was just pointing out to the rest of the site, you are a dishonest person or a liar. You can post whatever you want, doesn't change what you are.

Trust me, back in 2020/2021 everyone here saw me. You are late to the party baybe. Now you are getting reported because of the words you are using.

XtremeBG said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Trust me, back in 2020/2021 everyone here saw me. You are late to the party baybe. Now you are getting reported because of the words you are using.

So I guess you got me there, everyone already knows what you are lol. Doesn't hurt to show the obvious post proving it though. This man literally tried to deny saying the Switch would sale closer to 2.8 million in April 2023, acting like he predicted 4 million all a long lol. That was truly the saddest thing I have ever seen.

Phenomajp13 said:

So I guess you got me there, everyone already knows what you are lol. Doesn't hurt to show the obvious post proving it though. This man literally tried to deny saying the Switch would sale closer to 2.8 million in April 2023, acting like he predicted 4 million all a long lol. That was truly the saddest thing I have ever seen.

Everyone knows me what I am or who I am and I have decent views of my threads every week and month. And thanks to you they just got even more. Thank you. I am happy when what I've work to do is seen by as many people as possible.