By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov 13 - Nov 19)

Farsala said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Farsala, again this isn't about bad predictions. This is about his behavior after the bad predictions. I don't care about how people high balled Switch, bad predictions happen. Also, that certainly wasn't your prediction before the year. You are on record lowballing Switch in Rol's thread about Switch reaching 160 million. So don't sit here and act like you aren't similar to Xtreme in being overly pessitic towards Switch. You also have an hilarious excuse in one of your post because you are clearly going to be wrong about it's lifetime sales, you stated how you are wrong only because Nintendo held on to Switch longer. No one called you out about your predictions in either case because you didn't act like how you were right all along. That's why I through words at him like liar and dishonest. Being a bad predictor or overly pessitimistic doesn't make you a liar. Lying about it does, that's what he did. Being a fellow Sony fan doesn't mean you need to defend him like DonFerrari is bending over backwards to do.

I predicted 3.5m at the beginning of the year. Which might seem low and overly pessimistic now, but it was similar to most other predictors and nobody predicted ~4m or above. So in contrast I think my prediction was very much standard, neither pessimistic or optimistic.

I definitely predicted Switch wouldn't reach 160m, and still stand by that. I don't see it as pessimistic. I see any prediction of 160m or more as optimistic though.

I don't know if Xtreme lies about his predictions, but best way to prove he does is to link the posts. I don't defend him, I defend good predictions.

And I am not a Sony fan, I play MS and Nintendo games far more than Sony games. Sony comes out with a good game maybe once every 5 years.

My apologies then, I thought I recalled you predicting lower and no 3.5 million wasn't pessimistic at all. That was very reasonable and Switch just had an unexpected larger year which could be very well due to some purchases from consumers outside Japan. As for your wouldn't reach 160 million, dude you predicted worse than that. It may or may not reach 160 million but it'll be closer to 160 than your original prediction. I think it was around 130 million. You telling me all you said was under 160 million? 

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:
Farsala said:

I predicted 3.5m at the beginning of the year. Which might seem low and overly pessimistic now, but it was similar to most other predictors and nobody predicted ~4m or above. So in contrast I think my prediction was very much standard, neither pessimistic or optimistic.

I definitely predicted Switch wouldn't reach 160m, and still stand by that. I don't see it as pessimistic. I see any prediction of 160m or more as optimistic though.

I don't know if Xtreme lies about his predictions, but best way to prove he does is to link the posts. I don't defend him, I defend good predictions.

And I am not a Sony fan, I play MS and Nintendo games far more than Sony games. Sony comes out with a good game maybe once every 5 years.

My apologies then, I thought I recalled you predicting lower and no 3.5 million wasn't pessimistic at all. That was very reasonable and Switch just had an unexpected larger year which could be very well due to some purchases from consumers outside Japan. As for your wouldn't reach 160 million, dude you predicted worse than that. It may or may not reach 160 million but it'll be closer to 160 than your original prediction. I think it was around 130 million. You telling me all you said was under 160 million? 

I have made many predictions over the years.

At launch I predicted ~90m.

In 2021 that is indeed 130m.

In 2023 less than 150m.

Farsala said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I have made many predictions over the years.

At launch I predicted ~90m.

In 2021 that is indeed 130m.

In 2023 less than 150m.

Ok, not bad. Don't think anyone expected this run before launch. I personally predicted 100 million at launch because I never believed in a 3DS successor and after the pandemic my predictions moved up gradually as well. Unfortunately I think it will fall short of 160 million but go over 155 million. So in other words, Nintendo and PS fans will argue for eternity about which one sold more.