By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 42, 2022 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Switch shortages or just lower demand right now?

Shortages. They are likely stockpiling for the Pokémon OLED in a few weeks.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Also, MK8Dx seems like it will get past 5M physical sales in Japan by end of the year.

Smash will also cross 5 million in just another 2 weeks. 

I think Switch being down has more to do with people waiting for Pokémon, coupled with Splatoon 3 boost wearing off, than shortages considering all Switch SKU's are down from last week.

PS5 practically 2 million.

It's something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Renamed said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Also, MK8Dx seems like it will get past 5M physical sales in Japan by end of the year.

Most consoles would be happy if they had only one game passing that threshold, Switch could end up with about half a dozen managing that, crazy!

Around the Network

forest-spirit said:

I think Switch being down has more to do with people waiting for Pokémon, coupled with Splatoon 3 boost wearing off, than shortages considering all Switch SKU's are down from last week.

It's all due to shortages, nsw hasn't been this low at all this year. It's also also pokemon launch as well as holiday so Nintendo could be stock piling.

Splatoon still selling a big number and nsw never was less than 52k this year. 43k is steep drop so shortages it is (and can see by reseller prices/etc)

Ouch. This is the first week that Switch is below 50k in this year. That came a bit unexpected. Splatoon 3 hype train is clearly over, despite the game is still on #1.

So with the disappointing sales of the Switch for this week we should anticipate no more than 250k for it in the week ending october 15th.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Renamed said:

Most consoles would be happy if they had only one game passing that threshold, Switch could end up with about half a dozen managing that, crazy!

Agreed.  I think the DS has about 5 so Switch could be the new 5 million seller Japan leader.