By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 42, 2022 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)

To be honest I might be wrong a Switch Shortage is happening in Japan.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
forest-spirit said:

I think Switch being down has more to do with people waiting for Pokémon, coupled with Splatoon 3 boost wearing off, than shortages considering all Switch SKU's are down from last week.

All models are either out of stock or almost out of stock at various retailers and reseller prices have gone up. That all skus are down means that all are in short supply.

Ah, I see. I just assumed that all models being down meant it wasn't a supply issue, since it usually has been the OLED model that has suffered from shortages.

forest-spirit said:
Kakadu18 said:

All models are either out of stock or almost out of stock at various retailers and reseller prices have gone up. That all skus are down means that all are in short supply.

Ah, I see. I just assumed that all models being down meant it wasn't a supply issue, since it usually has been the OLED model that has suffered from shortages.

Lite at some time and V2 has some problems now too. 

Last edited by Agente42 - on 21 October 2022

Kirby and Switch Sports still legging it like champions.

Dragon Ball flopped hard, while some third party evergreens like Momotaro and Monster Hunter continue to hang in there.

Hopefully Switch stock will be plentiful during the holidays. It'd be crazy if its gets a 5m+ year in its 6th year.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Dragon Ball flopped hard, while some third party evergreens like Momotaro and Monster Hunter continue to hang in there.

Honestly, I can only think of Momotaro and Monster Hunter as non-Nintendo games that can reach high sales in Japan. Even so, none of them comes close to Splatoon or Pokémon.

We had Yo-Kai Watch, but the last entries weren't very successful. Final Fantasy XVI has a chance of doing millions, but I'm not very optimistic. In fact, I think third party games are struggling a bit over there.

Edit: Minecraft is another one.

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 23 October 2022

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

Honestly, I can only think of Momotaro and Monster Hunter as non-Nintendo games that can reach high sales in Japan. Even so, none of them comes close to Splatoon or Pokémon.

We had Yo-Kai Watch, but the last entries weren't very successful. Final Fantasy XVI has a chance of doing millions, but I'm not very optimistic. In fact, I think third party games are struggling a bit over there.

Final Fantasy XVI wont even sell a million in retail on the PS4+5 in Japan.

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Final Fantasy XVI wont even sell a million in retail on the PS4+5 in Japan.

FFXVI a PS5 exclusive. May not even hit 400k in retail, but it might approach a million lifetime when digital and PC sales are added depending on reception, marketing, and PS5 shipments.

znake said:

Switch out of stock!!

In weeks when the OLED model was out of stock, we saw a increase of the regular model and Switch Lite numbers. But this time all models sold a lot less than in the previous week. So I don't think it's a general stock issue. I can imagine that people were waiting for Mario & Rabbids or Pokémon.

siebensus4 said:
znake said:

Switch out of stock!!

In weeks when the OLED model was out of stock, we saw a increase of the regular model and Switch Lite numbers. But this time all models sold a lot less than in the previous week. So I don't think it's a general stock issue. I can imagine that people were waiting for Mario & Rabbids or Pokémon.

I said it in a previous post already. All models have stock issues. They are sold out or almost sold out at various big retailers and resellers have raised their prices. The Switch Lite specifically has had barely any stock in months.