By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul, July 20th, Live on Netflix.

When I was a kid, the NES version of Mike Tyson could knock me out with one punch. That felt right to me. It felt like I was fighting the real Mike Tyson, because he was such a damn beast. Mike Tyson, in his prime, was arguably the best boxer who ever lived (maybe Muhammad Ali was better and that's it).

I don't know who's going to win, but I do know that Mike Tyson KOed a lot of professional heavy weight boxers in the first or second round, because they weren't prepared for how aggressive he was from the start. Jake Paul can get knocked out for the same reason.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

When I was a kid, the NES version of Mike Tyson could knock me out with one punch. That felt right to me. It felt like I was fighting the real Mike Tyson, because he was such a damn beast. Mike Tyson, in his prime, was arguably the best boxer who ever lived (maybe Muhammad Ali was better and that's it).

I don't know who's going to win, but I do know that Mike Tyson KOed a lot of professional heavy weight boxers in the first or second round, because they weren't prepared for how aggressive he was from the start. Jake Paul can get knocked out for the same reason.

It wasn't about how aggressive he was, it was about how fast his punches came. Their reaction interviews are always the same "I didn't see the punch".

Paul's boxing wins came against MMA fighters. Now, he's going to box a boxer, and I expect that boxer will obliterate him.

This assumes that Tyson is actually trying to win the fight and/or obliterate his opponent. The way Tyson is talking about this fight is different than I've ever seem him talk about a real opponent. So, I think there is a good chance that Tyson isn't taking it seriously.

Also, Tyson is a very smart marketer. He knows that people want to see a match that lasts more than a round or two. So, he may not attempt to knock Paul out immediately. That would mean he isn't fighting in his traditional way (going for the early KO), which would then make the whole match illegitimate.

Anyway, who knows? If Tyson KO's him in the first 3 rounds, people will think it was a legit match. Any other outcome will call the whole thing into question (and reasonably so, IMO).

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Tyson must be getting a huge bag, cause why is this even a thing?

No doubt. Netflix is really trying to move into the live event sphere because of subscription trends lately, people subbing for a few months, then cancel and hop to another service. Live events will mitigate the issue, and Netflix is going to open the purse strings for that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Man this is yet another reason I prefer Paramount Plus over Nextflix. Netflix is becoming crappy youtube by sponsoring this joke of a fight.

BiON!@