By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's proft during the Switch era surpasses the combined profit from 1981 to 2016

Nintendo's proft during the Switch era surpasses the combined profit from 1981 to 2016, even including inflation.

I think this is even more important than selling a crazy amount of units, like during the DS/Wii era.

source:

Around the Network

So can we say Switch was a success, knowing this?

Very Nice!

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart

Shareholders are swimming in money

Wait I thought inflation from charging $60 for NES, SNES, and N64 games in the 80s/90/s would have made them a lot less money today charging $60 on Switch games?

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:

Wait I thought inflation from charging $60 for NES, SNES, and N64 games in the 80s/90/s would have made them a lot less money today charging $60 on Switch games?

That's what companies want you to think, in order to get away with their price increases.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Mario kart on SNES did not sell 60 million + Lol. Simply put Switch sells a massive amount of games.

Nintendo is doomed!!

rapsuperstar31 said:

Japan didn't have inflation for decades. If we convert it to USD, then what you said is true. Since Nintendo is not a domestic company, it should be noted that this graph doesn't represent the whole situation. Also this is net profit, not operating profit which can differ. Also, the Switch has benefitted a lot from weak yen. If we convert it to USD, the story would be completely different.

S.Peelman said:

So can we say Switch was a success, knowing this?

No, cliff is coming.