By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2023 (Sep 04 - Sep 10)

Switch is going to sell over 1 million for this quarter.

Around the Network
ShadowLink93 said:

Aren't there 3 weeks remaining ? I see it is till week 39 however the quorter should end with the last week of september. It's last day will be october 1st.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 14 September 2023

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

Found (on twitter) an interesting stat regarding PS5 sales in japan.

PS5 2023 has already surpassed the biggest year of both PS4 and PS3.

It still has 15 weeks left in the year. 

Really curious to see how high it could go on that list.

That Ring fit increase. It went from #15 last week to #5 this week with an increase of 146%.

05./15. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure # <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980) - 7.658 / 3.458.561 (+146%)

I never thought Pikmin 4 would be an evergreen but it seems possible now.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Aren't there 3 weeks remaining ? I see it is till week 39 however the quorter should end with the last week of september. It's last day will be october 1st.

Famitsu's numbering is a bit messed up, it get's fixed with Q4 having a week 53.

What happened to Starfield, IGN Japan got paid good money for that review. That should have been enough to make the Japanese market convert /s
I kid but honestly I am a bit surprised by Starfield being a no show and XBox consoles sales being down week over week. A bit disappointed actually.

So glad Pikmin 4 is doing this well. Knowing how much Miyamoto loves this franchise, i'm sure this will push a 5th entry in a few years on the next gen system.
This made me realize that we will have the biggest leap in power for a Nintendo console since like the Wii-Wii U transition. It will be interesting to see how they use their new machine for their IPs.

CosmicSex said:

What happened to Starfield, IGN Japan got paid good money for that review. That should have been enough to make the Japanese market convert /s
I kid but honestly I am a bit surprised by Starfield being a no show and XBox consoles sales being down week over week. A bit disappointed actually.

There was some increase in Xbox Series X/S numbers in the two weeks that Starfield released (Premium edition and Standard) but until we get the Top 30, we won't know how many physical copies it sold.

Yeah, it's a weird thing for the biggest Bethesda game in awhile to not even have any presence in the Top 10 ...

Meantime, Pikmin 4 is just cruising on its 30K streak. It doesn't seem like it can stop before the year is over lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909