By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 45, 2022 (Oct 31 - Nov 6)

Agente42 said:

The worst case scenario maybe was Holliday 2023. 

I think the announcement is coming in march or april 2023, and possible release by the holidays or maybe spring 2024.

Either way the announcement alone will affect Switch's sales next year negatively and may even fall further down than the 14-16M I am predicting for it.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

Around the Network

It appears that COD doesn't have so many legs in japan... Also it's noticeable the stock improvement of N. Switch...

The next week with Pokemon, this is gonna explode.

Did the Pokémon OLED Switch release this period week?

wow... Series S is really attractive to the Asian market. It must be its size (and price) compared to the bigger X.
Series X LTD: 167006
Series S LTD: 211778

yo33331 said:
Agente42 said:

The worst case scenario maybe was Holliday 2023. 

I think the announcement is coming in march or april 2023, and possible release by the holidays or maybe spring 2024.

Either way the announcement alone will affect Switch's sales next year negatively and may even fall further down than the 14-16M I am predicting for it.

Do you think Zelda Tears of the Kingdom would get delayed if a new system is coming by spring 2024 so it can release at the same time on both systems?

Around the Network

OLED model makes 82 % of all Switch sales. I guess a big part of it is the Pokémon edition.

123tbones said:

Did the Pokémon OLED Switch release this period week?

Yes

I actually see no sense in launching a new Zelda if the Next system is coming un the following months. Maybe May 12th is the release date for Switch 2?

Decent sales for Harvestella.
Next week Switch will be lower again and then is Pokémon week.
Let's see if Japan got a good PS5 shipment for God of War.

Nah Switch 2 ain't that close. There would be no reason at all for them to release it in 2023. Remember Switch is still a monster (going to do over 20m this year), and next year it'll probably still do 17m or so and there's still several major Switch games coming.

Spring 2024 is definitely possible for a Switch 2 launch, but Holiday 2024 is also possible. I'm guessing they'll see how Switch does through most of 2023 and then decide. Probably earliest we'll get a Switch 2 announcement is late 2023, but only if Switch sales really slow down next year. I could see them doing a late Spring 2024 Switch 2 launch (like May) though and waiting until January 2024 to announce it to not hurt Switch's final big holiday when presumably we'll get major titles like a 2D Mario and Metroid Prime 4. That seems more likely than an early Spring 2024 launch and therefore needing to announce it before the 2023 holidays.

Anyway, glad to see order has been restored in Japan after the bizarre week of PS5 winning last week haha. PS5 back to where it should be in the teens and Switch back to high 5 digits. Two weeks until Pokemon, when Switch will start doing 150k+ each week thru end of the year. PS5 will at least break a million this year so good for them.