By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Ships 25 Million Units as of September 2022, 3.3 Million for the Quarter

trunkswd said:
yo33331 said:

when is the nintendo report coming out

November 8 - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html

I don't know why they're delaying it 1 week after 1 month after the quater end since Covid

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
trunkswd said:

November 8 - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html

I don't know why they're delaying it 1 week after 1 month after the quater end since Covid

yep. They can easily put it out on the week after the quorter ends for example 7th october or 7th july or 7th january.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart

yo33331 said:
SKMBlake said:

yep. They can easily put it out on the week after the quorter ends for example 7th october or 7th july or 7th january.

None of them release quarter reports that soon after the quarter ends. Never have. It takes time to compile all that data, prepare for public release, submit SEC filings and arrange earnings calls. 

Since Covid, Nintendo has pushed back the release by just 1 week extra on average. 

I've yet to see one in a store, or even in stock online around here. Still waiting for that Pro before I jump in.

Mummelmann said:

I've yet to see one in a store, or even in stock online around here. Still waiting for that Pro before I jump in.

It's in stock on Amazon Germany bundled with Ratchet and Clank for 900€ right now.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

I saw a few in my local GameStop at closing yesterday.

Damn those box are massive !!! It has to be a headache to ship a sizeable batch in a retail store.

I was hoping for a sales update on software like the Last of Us part 1 remake. The list on the report is odd, only lists 12 games and has low incorrect numbers like 4 million for Last of Us part 2 when that is over 10 million, still lists 1.1 million for Ratchet and Clank RA which was it sold in it's first month.

yo33331 said:

So PS4 figures not disclosed yet ?

Sony is no longer reporting PS4 shipments as of Q1 2022. They announced this. 

Link to VGChartz article here.

Sony Produced Over 6.5 Million PS5 Consoles Last Quarter, Aims to Beat 18 Million Forecast

Sony Interactive Entertainment announced it produced over 6.5 million PlayStation 5 consoles during its quarter 2 of fiscal year 2022, which ended September 30, 2022.

There were 3.3 million PS5 consoles shipped during the quarter to bring lifetime PS5 shipments to 25 million units. That would leave at least 3.2 million PS5 consoles stockpiled by Sony to have ready for the holiday season, as well as for the launch of God of War Ragnarök on November 9.

"Regarding production of PS5 hardware, restrictions on the supply of materials and logistics have significantly eased, and the number of units produced during the quarter exceeded 6.5 million, progressing faster than planned," said Sony.

"We recognize that demand from customers for the PS5 continues to be strong as the actual sales situation at retail stores in the U.S. is such that, in September, it took an average of 17.5 hours to sell out of 100 thousand units after their arrival.

"To meet this strong demand, we will do our utmost to bring forward supply into the year-end holiday selling season and aim to exceed our FY22 forecast of 18 million units."

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

"Looking to exceed our FY22 18 million unit forcast"

Im calling over 20m for fy22

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.