By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign-Ups Thread

I am indeed down to clown.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Shadow1980 said:

I'm gonna have to recreate my list from scratch since all my posts from before the hack are unavailable for now, but I'll do it. There's a couple of new additions I'm considering. Just gotta decide where to put them and what they'll replace.

Yourlist from two years ago can be found here: https://web.archive.org/web/20210731230350/https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243768/the-11th-annual-greatest-games-event-the-official-thread/

Thanks! It never occurred to me to use the Internet Archive.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Seems the rate of sign-ups has slowed, so another round of summons of last years participants: @RingoGaSuki @Link_knight30 @Fuchigole @Metafee @Zippy6 @outlawauron @theRepublic @Kjartan @shikamaru317 @Flilix @killeryoshis @StarDoor @Eric2048 @KiigelHeart @Fei-Hung @Runa216 @SanAndreasX @AlbiNecroxz @DonFerrari @JWeinCom @dane007 @IcaroRibeiro @Link_Nines.XBC @Pemalite @Supermario28 @AngryLittleAlchemist @Dulfite 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's been awhile. What  am I suppose to do? Lol

Mnementh said:

Seems the rate of sign-ups has slowed, so another round of summons of last years participants: @RingoGaSuki @Link_knight30 @Fuchigole @Metafee @Zippy6 @outlawauron @theRepublic @Kjartan @shikamaru317 @Flilix @killeryoshis @StarDoor @Eric2048 @KiigelHeart @Fei-Hung @Runa216 @SanAndreasX @AlbiNecroxz @DonFerrari @JWeinCom @dane007 @IcaroRibeiro @Link_Nines.XBC @Pemalite @Supermario28 @AngryLittleAlchemist @Dulfite 

Mnementh said:

Mnementh said:

I suppose since you asked nicely.

Around the Network

Got a few new entries on my list.

**Edit** And it looks like the first day is a few days after Ragnarok comes out. So there's a chance I could add it! GOW 2018 is on my list. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Sign me up!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

super_etecoon said:

Yes, I made a list. The problem is that that list was several years ago. So many games have released since then. And I’m afraid of recency bias as there are so many great games I’ve played in the last couple of years I’m afraid they might start knocking off some classic gems I loved back in the day.

I've accepted the reality that I'm heavily biased in favor of modern indie games and make no attempt to relay an objective list of greats. I just list whatever my personal favorite games are at the time, and just a handful of titles dating back more than a decade still make the cut anymore.

Jaicee said:
super_etecoon said:

Yes, I made a list. The problem is that that list was several years ago. So many games have released since then. And I’m afraid of recency bias as there are so many great games I’ve played in the last couple of years I’m afraid they might start knocking off some classic gems I loved back in the day.

I've accepted the reality that I'm heavily biased in favor of modern indie games and make no attempt to relay an objective list of greats. I just list whatever my personal favorite games are at the time, and just a handful of titles dating back more than a decade still make the cut anymore.

Yep. That’s what I just did. Had a few minutes to kill and went through the systems one by one to pick out games I would still enjoy playing. I was surprised at how few from earlier eras make my list. Granted, there are classic games that I had tons of fun playing back then, but even nostalgia has worn its welcome on some of them. 

These last few gens with amazing indie developers creating compelling, fun titles building on the shoulders of those giants have been amazing. 

I'll enter again. My list is largely unchaged, but could use a tweak or two.

Love and tolerate.