By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls is overrated, it simply isn't fun

It's overrated until it gets its easy mode.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Bloodborne is amazing.

Spindel said:

All of above are truly subjective, but I personally will probably never finish the game. I’m 10-12 h in and simply don’t get hooked.

"GTA V is overrated, it simply isn't fun."

Because basically, GTA bored me to death and I gave up around 10 hours in or so because I couldn't stand it. True story.

So, the problem with your thread is the headline and mods really should change it. Claiming XY is overrated because I didn't like it, is the same as saying everyone loving it is stupid. Stop it. The phrase 'it simply isn't fun' is true, as long as you add 'for me'.

So please mods fix this title to something along the lines of 'Dark Souls simply isn't fun for me', which would be not offending.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 25 January 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

What we like or not is subjective. But a game being good or bad has nothing to do with our tastes. You might enjoy a bad game. But that doesn't make it good, not even for yourself.

It's just a matter of personal preference. For me every single game in the series (and Bloodborne) are among the best games I've ever played, but they're not for everyone. Fortunately, you don't need to like every game other people find great, so if you don't care for Dark Souls that's perfectly fine. There are games that a lot of people like which I never found especially good either. That's just the way opinions and tastes work.

Around the Network

Having ended Demon Soul, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne, I totally get what you mean actually.

The games have their fair share of design improvements to be made, which at time seemed to receive a pass because they were actually things to make it ''harder''.
One could easily point to how Dark Souls improved over demon's hub design, and Bloodborne over the overall pace in battle, not to say atmosphere

While I enjoy my first time with each, Bloodborne is problably the only one which I would play again. I was about to get DS 3 actually, because I really want to see if it was a ''step back'' (in my opinion) from Bloodborne or if it grew with it.

To me the souls games are some of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming, specifically playing with my friends and brother. I played it basically 100% online, which made it far more enjoyable imo.

vivster said:
It's overrated until it gets its easy mode.

This is one thing the game does not need.

I’m of a similar mindset as the OP. I just can’t like these games. All the Souls games and Bloodborne have everything that I love in video games but I just cannot get into them. But it could just be me. I bought Skyrim 5 times between 2012 and 2018 and hated 4 times before becoming completely addicted to in in 2018. I have 2 Souls games and Bloodborne so maybe I should give them another shot.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Agree.

Happy for people who enjoy the game and especially From Software. But it is one of the worst games I have every played. I avoid the series and everything like it. Just not my cup of tea.