By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2024

Just like last year, I want to start tracking the best video game music that this year has on offer. Often by the end of the year many of the best scores end up getting overlooked or forgotten because the game was released early in the year or just wasn't otherwise very good. That's what's often happened to me at least, so to keep as many of the upcoming excellent soundtracks in mind as possible, I will once again start putting them into a single, hopefully useful chart where everyone can see them and have a listen.

I will add to the list on my own, but also based on everyone else's recommendations, so if you come across a great video game soundtrack at any point during this year, let me and others know in this thread and maybe leave a link to some of your favourite tracks from that score as well. All of them will be added to the list as they come up. This way, come the end of the year and the award season, it'll be easier to check back on all of them.

Game Composer(s) Recommended listening
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
  • Mentrix
  • Gareth Coker 
Tekken 8
  • Yusuke Yamauchi
  • Akitaka Tohyama
  • Shogo Nomura
  • Yoshihito Yano
  • Go Shiina
  • Shinji Hosoe
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Mitsuto Suzuki
  • Masashi Hamauzu
Helldivers 2
  • Wilbert Roget II
Last edited by Darashiva - on 11 April 2024

Around the Network

Tag, until I've come across some of those.

Just to make sure, the list is for OST's of games that released only in 2024 ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Tag, until I've come across some of those.

Just to make sure, the list is for OST's of games that released only in 2024 ?

Yes, for 2024 releases only.

I'm gonna pull a nostradamus here and say Persona 3 Reload.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Ok I hate to say this but I still wish ace combat could have won this year despite the game coming out so many years ago. Though I am happy that FF won

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Before we get too far into the year, what do you expect to be the best soundtracks of 2024 right now? Basically, which scores do you have the highest expectations for at the moment? For me, going purely by memory of what's coming out this year, the two that immediately came to mind were Final Fantasy VII Rebirth which I'm almost certain is going to have an excellent score, and if it releases this year, Hollow Knight: Silksong. I'm probably forgetting some releases, but those are ones I have very high expectations for when it comes to their music.

Darashiva said:

Before we get too far into the year, what do you expect to be the best soundtracks of 2024 right now? Basically, which scores do you have the highest expectations for at the moment? For me, going purely by memory of what's coming out this year, the two that immediately came to mind were Final Fantasy VII Rebirth which I'm almost certain is going to have an excellent score, and if it releases this year, Hollow Knight: Silksong. I'm probably forgetting some releases, but those are ones I have very high expectations for when it comes to their music.

As could perhaps be garnered from my previous comment, easily Persona 3 Reload for me. That series has yet to not deliver an amazing sountrack (in the entries I've played) and the original P3 is in my top 5 soundtracks ever. I haven't watched all the trailers but the reveal trailer was certainly promising that it stayed true to that same vibe.

Also after having played the Tekken 8 demo I'd say that's another one to watch for.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I expect Persona 3 Reload and Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth to pretty much guranteed to be amazing OSTs.

I really loved the new 'Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown' soundtrack by Mentrix and Gareth Coker! It's a really fun and cool score with some really good melodies. Specially the work done by Mentrix (Gareth Coker was the weaker link here but his tracks are also gorgous for the most part).

I really loved the new 'Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown' soundtrack by Mentrix and Gareth Coker! It's a really fun and cool score with some really good melodies. Specially the work done by Mentrix (Gareth Coker was the weaker link here but his tracks are also gorgous for the most part).