By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2024

thedarkmaster007 said:

I really loved the new 'Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown' soundtrack by Mentrix and Gareth Coker! It's a really fun and cool score with some really good melodies. Specially the work done by Mentrix (Gareth Coker was the weaker link here but his tracks are also gorgous for the most part).

I'll add it to the list.

Around the Network

Finally got around to checking the Tekken 8 soundtrack. Haven't played the actual game, but I'm really liking the music.

This one was probably a fairly obvious one to add to the list, I just now got around to listening to it. 

Haven't had time to update things here in a while, but I did get around to having a listen to the Helldivers 2 soundtrack, and I thought it was very good.

Bow wow wow ff7 rebirth nuff said

Around the Network

Though I haven't yet had a chance to play the game itself, I did take a listen to the Stellar Blade soundtrack, and I think it's very good. You can definitely hear the Nier influence on quite a few of the tracks, but that doesn't make them any less good.

I'll go ahead and nominate Persona 3 Reload and Hauntii, which also happen to be my favorite games of the year so far.

I had high expectations of Reload and it did not disappoint. The new variants on an already amazing soundtrack are generally solid and a couple of the new tracks are absolute fire.

Hauntii definitely suprised me with how great the soundtrack is for a fairly small indie game. Super atmospheric and helps make some parts of the game truly epic.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

I'll go ahead and nominate Persona 3 Reload and Hauntii, which also happen to be my favorite games of the year so far.

I had high expectations of Reload and it did not disappoint. The new variants on an already amazing soundtrack are generally solid and a couple of the new tracks are absolute fire.

Hauntii definitely suprised me with how great the soundtrack is for a fairly small indie game. Super atmospheric and helps make some parts of the game truly epic.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add both to the list.

I like the Helldivers selection but have to say the best music for me in 2024 for video games had to be FF.

BiON!@ 

So far, it's the 3 JRPG remakes
Persona 3 Reload - Full Moon Full Life is pretty great and there's a lot of strong music in general.
FFVII Rebirth - "No Promises to Keep" is a masterpiece of a song, and it's just one track from the game.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - You have the option in almost every case to listen to the OG renditions, and only a few of the new renditions are notably weaker (Moon Fortress is better on GCN vs Switch).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima