By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

#45: The name of the game references some kind of narrow street that has nothing to do with the game itself as far as I'm aware.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Dr.Vita said:
#45 - It's a Shooter with a very good campaign and it's available on PS4. Predecessor of it had no campaign and was only available for Microsoft platforms.

#44 - Super Saiyan 3 forms of Vegeta and Broly + a plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans?!

#45: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena?

I don't even know this game but from googling it it's a PS3 game and not available for PS4 so no.

Darashiva said:
Dr.Vita said:
#45 - It's a Shooter with a very good campaign and it's available on PS4. Predecessor of it had no campaign and was only available for Microsoft platforms.

#44 - Super Saiyan 3 forms of Vegeta and Broly + a plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans?!

#45: Titanfall 2

That's right! :)

S.Peelman said:
#45: The name of the game references some kind of narrow street that has nothing to do with the game itself as far as I'm aware.

#45 Alleyway?

Time for hints for my next three games

45. The adventure starts in a crumbling cave, but most of the game lies far below. This time you can switch your profession and even play Fur Elise on the piano.

44. A game about space or C3PO.....bug fighting... or something? Whatever, all that's important is catching a glimpse of MIO!

43. A tenth anniversary title that marked the end of an era. Getting 180 will bring nostalgia into 3D.

mZuzek said:

Gonna do some more too.

#45 - This sequel features really cute polar bears!
#44 - Trains.

#45 Crash 2? That has polar bears from what I remeber

#44 I feel like pissing you off. It's Spirit Tracks

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
#48 Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
guessed by killeryoshis
platform Switch
release year 2015
developer/publisher Nippon Ichi Software
genre turn-based strategy RPG
links Wikipedia
last year  #30

Disgaea 5 is another game from a series that I haven't played before like Valkyria Chronicles, but fill all the right checkboxes: it is turn-based, strategic and with heavy RPG elements. But going in I expected something in the lines of Fire Emblem -  and Disgaea certainly is not that. It has a crazy over the top story, crazy moves in battle (turning an ally into a weapon or build towers out of your troops for instance), crazy boosts, crazy levelling (really, not only can you level up to multiple thousands, everything can be leveled, including weapons, your individual skills and even simple healing items), crazy everything. This game is a box filled with extreme crazyness - and it is a lot of fun on the ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghMagVUCRSo

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
(Change YoY: -3)

The best game in the Ratchet & Clank series as far as I'm concerned (excluding the remake of the first game on the PS4, haven't played that one yet). A Crack in Time is pretty much more Ratchet & Clank. The weapon centric gameplay is great and probably more varied than in any previous title, the story is great, the humour still lands with high accuracy, and the addition of the time travel puzzles gives the game a nice new dimension. It's just a great game in every sense. 

#47 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

PS3 - 2009

Best game in the franchise. The great gunplay and platforming returns, but the space sections are much improved with more freedom, and Clank's puzzle sections are far above his other levels in the history of the franchise. Hopefully a new game is in the works for PS5.

- Disney's rip-off of Madagascar
- You play as a lion in most levels, and in some as a squirrel
- It's a GBA game

- Another Disney game, but this one is a racing game
- THQ's last Disney game
- It's a DS game (but also got released on other consoles)

- Best selling game of Nintendo's strongest character
- Pink

- First game from a spin-off series that almost got as many games as the main series
- The title is also the title of a Pokémon game

- To say that this game is/was popular, is quite an understatement
- Perhaps the most well known game of all time

- 6 years ago in London

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

People call me a pervert for playing and liking this game. But I don't care. I like bewbs! And I actually find the game mechanics to be quite enjoyable. It's grindy as fuck, but I don't mind. Plus the VR mode is simply amazing. The PSVR is worth it for this game alone!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.