By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:
hamo0odi90 said:
is it too late to participate in this ??

The sign-up thread has still the 'sign ups are still on' in the title. But maybe mZuzek has only forgotten to change the title. Worth a try.

thanks , I will try and hope I'm not late 

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
#45 - It's a Shooter with a very good campaign and it's available on PS4. Predecessor of it had no campaign and was only available for Microsoft platforms.

#44 - Super Saiyan 3 forms of Vegeta and Broly + a plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans?!

#45: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

forest-spirit said:
S.Peelman said:
I thought someone would get that game, maybe a bit easier then.

#46: I don't think the trick with the light-bulb actually works.

Duck Hunt?

Yes!

Dr.Vita said:
#45 - It's a Shooter with a very good campaign and it's available on PS4. Predecessor of it had no campaign and was only available for Microsoft platforms.

#44 - Super Saiyan 3 forms of Vegeta and Broly + a plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans?!

#45: Titanfall 2

Haven't posted here yet because my list isn't finalized but I still wanna join the discussion.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Some new hints plus additional clues for the old ones (I may have made them a bit too difficult ):

Hint #50

1) A robust little guy in a tank that isn't made for fish.

2) Point-and-click adventure without much "dialogue".

Hint #49

1) Mythological warrior pictured from the side

2) If you know the mythology you may wonder why you enlist women to your force.

Hint #48 - Solved by TruckOSaurus!

1) This reinvention "comes off" to a great start.

2) Instead of the usual grunts the enemies in this one talk...Spanish?

Hint #47 - Solved by TruckOSaurus!

Apparently you have to do more than just get rid of Hitler to avoid another world war.

Hint #46

The first in a series. Features Adam and Eve but not the ones from the Bible.

Hint #45 - Solved by TruckOSaurus!

Great of you're into opera and clowns.

Last edited by forest-spirit - on 16 November 2018

forest-spirit said:

Some new hints plus additional clues for the old ones (I may have made them a bit too difficult ):

Hint #50

Hint #49

Hint #48

Hint #47

Apparently you have to do more than just get rid of Hitler to avoid another world war.

Hint #46

Hint #45

#48: Resident Evil 4 (Leon: Your right hand comes off!?)

#47: Command & Conquer: Red alert

#46: Metal Gear Solid 3 (if we're talking chronologically, it's the first)

#45: Final Fantasy VI

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
forest-spirit said:

Hint #50

Hint #49

Hint #48

Hint #47

Hint #46

Hint #45

#48: Resident Evil 4 (Leon: Your right hand comes off!?)

#47: Command & Conquer: Red alert

#46: Metal Gear Solid 3 (if we're talking chronologically, it's the first)

#45: Final Fantasy VI

All but #46 are correct!

#46 Iconoclasts - Switch

A lovely Metroidvania, what makes it stand out for me is the story, a mesh of beliefs across factions and the characters themselves in a world seemingly nearing its destruction, is rather dark in its themes and some heartbreaking moments, really memorable, even if usually not structured in the best way, but I feel even when its being vague about some details, that adds to the charm.

It reminds me a lot of some classic Treasure titles like Mischief Makers, in part its humor and quirky moments, plus the really great bosses.

Duck Hunt

• Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Lightgun
  • Nintendo R&D1/Nintendo
  • Guessed by forest-spirit

'Duck Hunt' is very likely to be the first game I ever played, though 'Super Mario Bros.', which was on the same Nintendo cartridge, is also very possible. Sadly, there's no way to know. The game is a classic anyway though, and me remembering playing it so clearly, is testament to it being the game that introduced me to gaming, and Nintendo, even if I didn't know what it was exactly.

I played it, and the Black Box 'Soccer' game, regularly with my cousin on the Nintendo Entertainment System of my aunt, first at her house, later at my grandmother's when my aunt replaced the NES with the SNES. She was an avid gamer at the time and like every gamer that ever played this game, we all grew to despise the dog. It's funny, how that dog is today probably one of the most referenced and recognizable gaming characters ever created.

I loved the light-gun in every way, from how it looked, the sound it made when pulling the trigger to the sound the television made when shooting those ducks. As probably known by everyone, the game has two modes; the Duck Hunt mode and the Clay Pigeon mode where you shoot clay pigeons instead of 'real' ducks. We played the real duck mode, almost always, and it remains, though simple, as one of my best memories in my gaming life.