By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Netflix Loses Millions of Subscriptions Over Controversial Film, "Cuties" For Sexploiting Children

If only people weren't so obsessed with sex. I can look at an 11 year old girl's chest and not have sexual thoughts about it, it's really not that hard. I haven't seen the movie but I can only assume that it's another case of adults being obsessed with sex and not realizing that children are asexual. Like when you send 10 year olds into a strip club. There is nothing wrong with that because they don't care either way. It's certain adults that should be shielded from sex, not children.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
Im not interested in this film but my understanding is that its more about a cultural clash of a conservative immigrant family with western culture and the entire controversy/backlash is because people are not getting that point across because of Netflix's abysmal marketing messed up that concept big time. The posters certainly didnt help.

The above Tweet is pretty much the gist of it, just swap murdering puppies with pedophilia and there you have it.

It's a movie on a paid streaming service. It ain't like it's running on network television where everyone can see if by accidentally flipping to the channel. I have no problem with it at all.

And, yeah.... This is cancel culture in action. If you don't like the movie, just don't watch it. It's as simple as that. There's no need to yell and scream about how offended you are, and tell everyone that isn't offended that they're pedos or whatever, and demand that everyone boycott an optional streaming service because *you* don't like the content. I mean, grow the fuck up everyone.

(Not speaking to anyone in particular here. My comment is intended for perpetually offended people in general.)

I've never had a Netflix subscription and I've never seen the point in owning one.

As for the film itself, I've seen some footage on Twitter, it was pretty cringy. I can't say I'm going to go out of my way to watch this film.

Is there an actual, reliable source that confirms that X number of people have cancelled Netflix over this movie?

Around the Network

Will absolutely not watch it, i fear it will make me depressed.

VAMatt said:
It's a movie on a paid streaming service. It ain't like it's running on network television where everyone can see if by accidentally flipping to the channel. I have no problem with it at all.

And, yeah.... This is cancel culture in action. If you don't like the movie, just don't watch it. It's as simple as that. There's no need to yell and scream about how offended you are, and tell everyone that isn't offended that they're pedos or whatever, and demand that everyone boycott an optional streaming service because *you* don't like the content. I mean, grow the fuck up everyone.

(Not speaking to anyone in particular here. My comment is intended for perpetually offended people in general.)

I'm not demanding anyone boycott anything, I already said I plan to keep my Netflix subscription thankyouverymuch. A Serbian Film and The Human Centipede movies were on Netflix at one point, movies that exist purely to gross out and were outright banned in many countries because they do, did I cancel my subscription because of it? No, I just didn't watch them, simple as that.

That being said, anyone who DID opt to cancel their subscription because of it are well within their right to do so, and I understand it. Netflix knowingly distributed a film that exploits minors, forcing them to part take in perverted dances that involve humping floors, grabbing crotches and asses, take pics of said privates and showing it, flashing their boobs, etc. while frequently zooming in on their crotch and ass. If they see it's losing them money, then maybe, just maybe they'll take it down (I'm not holding my breath, though).

Regardless, they shouldn't be in the business of sexualizing kids, which is illegal, last I checked (and many lawyers have chimed in on YouTube agreeing with me), "social message" (which they contradicted with this pedophilic movie) be damned.

I haven't seen the movie or trailer or snippets, but my usual approach applies: if something is illegal it should be penalized by law and people should show the offending material to the police. If it is not illegal and I don't wanna see it, I don't watch it. If it isn't illegal, but I think it should I press for changing the law.

EDIT: That said, if anyone thinks they should cancel their subscription, they obviously have every right to do so. I cannot force anyone to keep their subscription, nor can I anyone force to cancel it.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 15 September 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Let's get something clear here. Sexualization of children is not illegal. There seems to be little grounds to say that the film has done anything legally problematic. it may be socially problematic, or maybe problematic to any one of us personally. But, it ain't illegal.

Yeah, Im not watching that movie. It sounds disturbing to say the least.