By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - "I miss the old VGChartz from 200x" threads - A BIG announcement

man-bear-pig said:
spurgeonryan said:
Or you can just have someone other than myself tell you how to go to someones wall when its been blocked.

Bah! You wish spurge. I am the only person who can do that!

I'm pretty sure I can do that too.

Moderatorship has its privileges.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I hope the new site doesn't launch JUST before E3 like the last major update. Too many kinks and bugs would be a pain when so much news is abound. Launching at a time when things aren't crazy is a must, as this will give ample time for glitches to be sorted and features to be "added back" in.

TheFallen said:
I hope the new site doesn't launch JUST before E3 like the last major update. Too many kinks and bugs would be a pain when so much news is abound. Launching at a time when things aren't crazy is a must, as this will give ample time for glitches to be sorted and features to be "added back" in.

Well, the entire sales data was changed right before the Holiday Season so I wouldn't be surprised if the entire site changed right before E3.

On another note - What's this "Gamewise" thing that keeps popping up?

So for current users, we will be able to use our current ID's universally across the sites. Why make it so new users have to create separate accounts? Would put me off signing up to honest. I thought the idea was to try to streamline the site(s) and interconnect them, but this idea seems to be doing the exact opposite of that.

Hate the fact that you can only see the top 30 weekly numbers, grrrr

Around the Network

It's my 5th anniversary since I registered here, and I was here months before I registered.
It used to be a far better site and far friendlier which set it apart but it gradually turned into a standard gaming site that are all over the internet.

I miss the old vgchartz from January 2012! Those were simpler times...

spurgeonryan said:

@ Amaral

Have you looked at the front page recently?

yup..... ???

I occasionally pop in to update my game collection (can't update my steam collection though, it's ridunkulous) but everything seems very jumbled up. Simple is better.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

trunkswd said:
Carl2291 said:
TheFallen said:

Well, the entire sales data was changed right before the Holiday Season so I wouldn't be surprised if the entire site changed right before E3.

On another note - What's this "Gamewise" thing that keeps popping up?

Gamewise is going to be like IMDB except for video games.

Will staff members get into the public beta automatically ?