By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - "I miss the old VGChartz from 200x" threads - A BIG announcement

d21lewis said:

It's easy enough to just cut the other stuff out of a post.  A lot of people just don't take the time to do it. 

Personally, I'd just like the post to be a different color when somebody quotes me.  That's how it was in the good old days.  When I'm on my mobile device, I can't see the "Forum Buddy" so I never know when I'm quoted. 

Yeah it is, it's just 90% of the forum users don't seem to do it. As we can't make people do it, I think it would be good to have the feature used here.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Mmmk, no more spam posts please guys ^^

O/T - Kantor's timetable is highly optimistic (read: it won't be Feb, so don't get your hopes up!).

This is bad.....real bad.

Forgot about this, glad to see it's nearing completion - curious on its effects on the community though.

i fall into the preferred the old way. Used to be a regular holiday 06 to spring 08 or so, now I come one a few time a month to check up on things. My biggest issues are the cluttered feel, I have decent internet and it feels slow, I think it just needs to be more streamlined. Maybe a low bandwith version for people like me who only care about reading forums, and analyzing data.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Is there an update on when and if we're getting back the sales data charts for individual games from day one to present? I feel the site is pretty much crippled without it. What's VGChartz without the charts.

Read my blog. it exists. No really, it does. I kid you not.

Is it too late to make suggestions? What the hell, I'm going for it anyway!

In the forums, we have the option of associating a game with our threads, it would be really interesting if in the game section you'd have a "Latest topics about XYZ game" with a list of the threads where the game has been linked.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Is it too late to make suggestions? What the hell, I'm going for it anyway!

In the forums, we have the option of associating a game with our threads, it would be really interesting if in the game section you'd have a "Latest topics about XYZ game" with a list of the threads where the game has been linked.

I like it!

It could be an useful feature to the people that don't buy games at launch to be able to search for the "official" or other threads and see if the people liked it or not and if it's worth the money. Or if some people have had troubles with a mission/stage and how did they solve it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

spurgeonryan said:
Or you can just have someone other than myself tell you how to go to someones wall when its been blocked.

Bah! You wish spurge. I am the only person who can do that!

Haven't looked at the sales data in ages now and tried to look at the page where you can manually put in details i.e how much something sold from date A to date B. Can't find this thing anywhere anymore so where is it? :)