By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - "I miss the old VGChartz from 200x" threads - A BIG announcement

trasharmdsister12 said:
Carl2291 said:
Carl2291 said:

Somehting I noticed, not sure if anyones said anything yet.

On the "Around the Network" bar with the news/previews/reviews, it hasn't updated since the A-Men Vita review.

That was 5 Days ago.

Is this the same for everyone else?

2 Weeks later...

You mean the "Top Stories" section? It's had the A-men, Asura's Wrath, Oddworld and Escape Plan reviews for weeks now. The "Latest News" section didn't update for quite some time either until a couple of days ago but that might just be because there hasn't been many news articles lately. 

Just one more feature that's fallen into the trap of "we might as well not update it because of the upcoming site split."

That list has grown too long, frankly. Having site update work to do does not excuse letting the existing site languish (or even degrade, as is the case now).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Yeah, Id like to see some VGC pro stuff. How many subs? How much money does it make? What features does it have? And so on...

VGC Pro was just dumb. Isn't the whole point of this site to make every little thing about the market public?

I see GamrReview has been upgraded, lots pretty cool - too bad we lost all the old comments though.

spurgeonryan said:
I suggest a system like other sites have that says why a site is going to be down from 9am to 9pm. Via twitter, facebook, gamrreview.com or whatever.

I have more suggestions, but I will just post this before the site boots me again and I have to go back to begging for scraps at Zeldainformer.

lol yeah, I even tweeted them directly and didn't get a response. I mean, site goes down and twitter should be the first place you go to state what's up and when you expect to be back. It takes like 30secs and doesn't really impact your move to get it back up.

I also don't see any threads on why it was down or anything. I assumed it was being upgraded to the new version, but I don't see anything different.

Meh, guess we'll know eventually.

Im disappointed. I was xxpecting that site split thing.. but no, we still have our same slow VGC.

Around the Network

Now that I've been updating my wishlist I remembered some time ago we could saw who owns certain game or have it in his wishlist in the game's page, etc. Why was that feature removed? I thought it was pretty cool and could ask to specific users for their recommendation.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

spurgeonryan said:
superchunk said:
spurgeonryan said:
I suggest a system like other sites have that says why a site is going to be down from 9am to 9pm. Via twitter, facebook, gamrreview.com or whatever.

I have more suggestions, but I will just post this before the site boots me again and I have to go back to begging for scraps at Zeldainformer.

lol yeah, I even tweeted them directly and didn't get a response. I mean, site goes down and twitter should be the first place you go to state what's up and when you expect to be back. It takes like 30secs and doesn't really impact your move to get it back up.

I also don't see any threads on why it was down or anything. I assumed it was being upgraded to the new version, but I don't see anything different.

Meh, guess we'll know eventually.

Yeah I was able to pop on via my phone at 330 and it all looked the same so I was like what the heck is going on? I am sure that they know what they are doing. I have 100 percent trust in Mr. Walton.

Also I friended close to 100 people on zelda informer.

Wasn't a planned outage, was just the internet boning up I'm afraid.  Hence why it's still the same old VGC.

That said, I hadn't actually thought of the idea of updating people on sites like Facebook and Twitter when our site goes down for whatever reason.  I'll send the idea along to Brett and make sure to keep it in mind for gamrReview.

When will this happen again? I really miss this interface:

I loved it! Everything was so simple back then.... (but that's probably just nostalgia).

Naninho said:

I loved it! Everything was so simple back then.... (but that's probably just nostalgia).

Never. That interface was dreadful. Nobody used the site back then; there was no news and there were no reviews; the forums had some ten posters; the sales data was woefully lacking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Naninho said:

Never. That interface was dreadful. Nobody used the site back then; there was no news and there were no reviews; the forums had some ten posters; the sales data was woefully lacking.

And that's the way we liked it!