By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

So, apparently, the price for Playstation 5 Pro in Brazil is gonna be R$ 6.999.

My salary is R$ 1.500 per month.

Yeah, not going to buy it at all.

"Just get a second job" -Sony 2006

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

That's $1,290, insane!

25% VAT on top of 48% import duty?

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

That seems like a huge premium vs. the PS5's price. It'll probably drop quickly.

haxxiy said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

That seems like a huge premium vs. the PS5's price. It'll probably drop quickly.

Drop quickly? Has this generation so far taught you nothing?  

G2ThaUNiT said:

Here it might. I remember the Wii launched for the equivalent of 1000 USD. Obviously, it didn't last.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Here it might. I remember the Wii launched for the equivalent of 1000 USD. Obviously, it didn't last.

I guess. Idk how strong the Brazilian Real is because platform holders have been increasing prices this gen based on currency exchange rates and manufacturing costs. The Wii wasn't sold at a loss and with how high manufacturing and component costs are, especially compared to 18 years ago, Sony most likely won't want to be losing any money on Pro sales. Since it's a premium device whereas the Wii was not. Unless something drastic happens, idk if we'll be seeing price drops any time soon. At least a price drop large enough to really make a difference for many Brazilians.

Plus, it's not just Brazil. If you want a PS5 Pro in the UK or Australia, you're gonna be spending over $1,000 as well. Not as much as if you're in Brazil, but still surpassing that point. With the EU near that $1,000 mark. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

I guess. Idk how strong the Brazilian Real is because platform holders have been increasing prices this gen based on currency exchange rates and manufacturing costs. The Wii wasn't sold at a loss and with how high manufacturing and component costs are, especially compared to 18 years ago, Sony most likely won't want to be losing any money on Pro sales. Since it's a premium device whereas the Wii was not. Unless something drastic happens, idk if we'll be seeing price drops any time soon. At least a price drop large enough to really make a difference for many Brazilians.

Sony did drop the PS5's price here, though, despite exchange rates remaining about the same, so there are precedents.

The $7000 value isn't even official yet, by the way, that's just IGN speculating about it (of course that also means it could be more expensive still...).

Shaunodon said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

At those numbers, it seems he will need not just two but 5 jobs, to be able to allow himself a PS5 Pro.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

XtremeBG said:
Shaunodon said:

At those numbers, it seems he will need not just two but 5 jobs, to be able to allow himself a PS5 Pro.

Welcome to Brazil.

I am not very happy with Sony right now, and its hard to justify a PS5 Pro....still, if i'm able to trade in my PS VR2 (which im not using at all due to lack of support) and my current PS5 towards the Pro, I will probably do it. I don't like PC gaming much, and I like to play on the best console possible, so....I dunno. Not going to wait in any lines, but if I'm able to get one, I imagine I will at some point.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS