By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Wman1996 said:

$700 with no disc drive or stand included. We're in early PS3 territory now if we weren't before. Sony's arrogance could bite them, especially in the likely event PS6 launches for $700 as well.

PS3 territory was little bit better than that .. cuz you at least got a disc drive, you got full native PS compatible with everything released till that moment, and you got more games to play those years than the years we are now in.

For that price Sony should include native PS2 and PS3 hardware and compatibility in the system. This was the only way for that 700$ to sell good.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

Around the Network

I only just noticed the Xbox series X 2TB is a rip off at $599 and a lot weaker.

A few more details.

Apparently GT7 has an 8K resolution mode and a 4K Ray Tracing Mode: PS5 Pro Hands-On: Sony's $700 Turbo Console Hits in November - CNET

40-50 titles will be patched for PS5 Pro at launch. - "Sony says about 40 to 50 games will get patches when the system launches in November"

$700 with no disc drive and no stand. Arrogant Sony is back on the menu, boys.

Random_Matt said:

I only just noticed the Xbox series X 2TB is a rip off at $599 and a lot weaker.

$449 for the diskless 1TB, the $599 comes with a disk drive.  Neither one are mid-generation Pro models.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Kyuu said:

Okay now that's some BS. Sony never prioritized the digital edition of PS5-Beginner even after increasing its price by $50. On the contrary, they made digital PS5 upgradable midgen.

PS5 Pro has an atrocious pricetag and won't sell enough units to affect digital distribution. They probably just thought including a disk drive in a default SKU will start a "$799!" meme.

You're acting like $699 isn't already a meme. The price is already outragous and they want you to plonk on another $100+ at your own volition to actually put discs in.

"$799" as the standard price makes for much better meme material than doing mathematics. Again, if Sony wanted to boost digital adoption, they wouldn't have increased the PS5 DE price nor made it compatible with an optional disc drive.

Soundwave said:
Kyuu said:

Who cares about Xbox though? PC/Steam will be fucking them up. This is the first time I'm skipping a Playstation console in favor of PC, and there are millions like me.

Sony knows they have people by the balls. $700 US/800 Euro (LOL) is a ton of money, but Sony knows full well you can't build a comparable PC for the same cost. 

AMD has basically said they're not even going to try and compete with Nvidia's flagship GPUs anymore, so Nvidia will charge through the ass for their future GPUs at $1000+ for any of the really good models. For Nvidia, gaming GPUs are becoming a tiny part of their overall business anyway, Switch + PC GPUs (gaming business) represented like only 9% of their entire revenue in their latest earnings report. Nvidia is basically going to become an AI services focused company. 

Gamers are just gonna have to accept getting fucked up the ass in pricing to have smaller and smaller tangiable graphical gains, that's all there is to it. Say bye bye to price cuts too. 

Steam and PC are rapidly growing, Playstation is starting to decline despite having weak "direct" competition, the overlap is clear. There are a ton of benefits in going to PC, and the disadvantages of the old days are almost completely gone. Most gamers are becoming aware of that and many are losing interest in consoles, which are nowhere near as "cool" as they once were when they had countless exclusives you couldn't play on PC.

By keeping the prices as high as they are, Sony is also going to lose a massive demographic that can't afford a $400+ console (or PC). All of that will lead to weaker sales and potentially weaker profitability. They will keep bleeding players to PC (most of whom are actually fine with buying weaker PC's than PS5, and upgrading at a later date. I'm an example myself.) and eventually Nintendo if they price their next console wisely.

LudicrousSpeed said:

I don't know how much Sony has confirmed yet for PS5 Pro besides the unveiling video, but they're getting so arrogant that I would not rule out the idea that PS5 Pro boosts cost money for certain released games and upcoming games. Want PS5 Pro performance for your game? $5-$10 extra. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It's interesting to know if Indiana Jones: The Great Circle is eventually gonna be optimised for PS5 Pro. I personally wouldn't deny the possibility of Microsoft allowing this.

I do not believe this is gonna work commercially. $700 is far too much.
Also, how is it technically gonna work? theres very few games that take full advantage of the PS5 hardware, how is a Pro version gonna change that?

Wman1996 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I don't know how much Sony has confirmed yet for PS5 Pro besides the unveiling video, but they're getting so arrogant that I would not rule out the idea that PS5 Pro boosts cost money for certain released games and upcoming games. Want PS5 Pro performance for your game? $5-$10 extra. 

Lol no I don't think so.