By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Series sold more than 30.1M by 30.09.2024. LT expectations ?

How much will the XBOX Series sell Lifetime

Under 34M 0 0%

34-37M 3 18.75%

37-40M 4 25.00%

40M+ 9 56.25%

Total:16

Having big drops year on year lately, and passing 30M, it's time to renew the poll, so vote who didn't till now. What path do you see for the XBSX from now on ? Launching the successor in 2026 ? or 2028 ? Price cut on the XBSX ? GTA VI boost next year ? (the chart from the OP is updated)

Last edited by XtremeBG - 2 days ago

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

Around the Network

Its crazy how 2 years ago (in this thread) there were people saying 70-90m sold through.
Now its.... will it hit 40million life time sales?

I think it will break 40m.. but its not going to be quick.
I could even see Xbox being slightly overtracked on VGChartz.
So while we currently have it above 30m units, it could still be below that.

The question is if there will be a next gen xbox, that jumps into a new gen, ahead of the Playstation 6  (was rumored).
And if the next Xbox, is barely faster than say a PS5pro... how will the market react? how will currenty xbox fans react to such a quick turn around?
(ei. are people happy with their experiance with Xbox Series so far, and be willing to jump the gun on a new gen?)

Theres rumors of Awoved, Fable, Blade, Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones, ect all comeing to Playstation, and some even day and date.
How does that effect xbox console sales? Is xbox just for gamepass (ei. renting games?).

Then theres the doom and gloom gangs, saying this might be the last xbox console.
(in which case, as long as production allows, eventually it should go well above 40m)

Its hard to guess how the future unfolds.

Last edited by JRPGfan - 2 days ago

40+ should be doable.
However, I dont see any a way for Series X/S to catch up to XBox One.
Life-time estimate is therefore 40m < x < Xb1 life-time