By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your dream sequel

Aside from the aforementioned Dino Crisis 4 and Okami 2

- a sequel to Hotel Dusk / Last Window. I believe those involved in the first two games have the story figured out. Just need to get it made.
- an old school, grid based Tomb Raider with tank controls. I love the feel of these games, and how methodical navigating the levels is.

Around the Network

A brand new Command & Conquer sure would be nice. None of that modern GaaS or MTX or MMO crap, just pure and simple RTS single player campaign. A good, long campaign with two or three different factions, perhaps some branching paths. More lore about Tiberium, maybe go to space, another planet. Alien races and factions. Droids, robots, mechs. Shiny new graphics, animations and effects, but the gameplay should be straight from the original series. Well, maybe with some modern quality of life things.
Also, sequels to The Secret of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle(which was a sequel to Maniac Mansion itself), those old school point and click adventures. Monkey Island has had many many sequels with different art styles and whatnot, but if they could somehow capture the feel and atmosphere of 1 and 2, that would be the impossible dream. 16 bit graphics should be an option at least. Oh, and Zak McKracken needs a sequel as well! Oh my.
Yes, I am old.

I will be leaving obvious sequels out, ex. Gears 6. We know games like that are coming.
Zombi 2 (ZombiU sequel)
Divinity Original Sin 3
Evil Within 3
Resident Evil Revelations 3
The Darkness 3
Quake 5 (Proper sequel to 4 a reboot is probably whats happening though.)
Sunset Overdrive 2
Sonic Adventure 3
Two Worlds 3 (was rumored to be in development forever ago, most people probably wont even know what Two Worlds is)
Alien Isolation part 2
Okami 2 (Seen someone else mention it, that would be really nice.)

QUAKECore89 said:

Legacy of Kain 5
Blood 3
The Darkness III
Alice 3
Quake 5
Crash 5
Spyro 4
Ninja Gaiden 4
Wario Land 6
F-Zero FX or F-Zero GTX or F-Zero RTX or F-Zero RX
Deus Ex 5
Fighting Force 3
Akuji The Heartless 2
F.E.A.R. 4
Brutal Legend 2
Unreal Championship 3
Jet Set Radio 3
Jade Empire 2
Warcraft 4
Starcraft 3
Snowblind 2
Prototype 3
Virtua Fighter 6
Bulletstorm 2
Dishonored 3
Crysis 4
Heretic (reboot)
Strife 2
Omikron 2
SiN (reboot)
Battlefield Bad Company 3
GEX 4

Dante9 said:

A brand new Command & Conquer sure would be nice. None of that modern GaaS or MTX or MMO crap, just pure and simple RTS single player campaign. A good, long campaign with two or three different factions, perhaps some branching paths. More lore about Tiberium, maybe go to space, another planet. Alien races and factions. Droids, robots, mechs. Shiny new graphics, animations and effects, but the gameplay should be straight from the original series. Well, maybe with some modern quality of life things.
Also, sequels to The Secret of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle(which was a sequel to Maniac Mansion itself), those old school point and click adventures. Monkey Island has had many many sequels with different art styles and whatnot, but if they could somehow capture the feel and atmosphere of 1 and 2, that would be the impossible dream. 16 bit graphics should be an option at least. Oh, and Zak McKracken needs a sequel as well! Oh my.
Yes, I am old.

Command and Conquer Red Alert (the second part?) was such a cool game. My brother and I played it on PS1 a whole lot. Just against the computer, no campaign stuff. I think we enjoyed just building it all up as far as it could go. And grilling enemy soldiers with these electric defense towers. Really fun game.

You talking about the campaign makes me think I missed more than half the game. Perhaps I will check out some let's plays.

A sequel to that series sure would be nice. But weirdly I think this is the only RTS I ever played. A sequel with some modern bells and whitles might be the perfect opportunity to give this genre another try. I think I liked the soviet nuclear cold war stuff they were going for in Red Alert. Could really blend well with an alternate history angle were the USSR still exists to this day and they come up with all sorts of crazy looking communist war weapons.

Around the Network

Half Life 3, Okami 2, Legend of Dragoon 2, Sly 5, Bully 2, Fallout: New Vegas 2. 

AstroBot Rescue Mission was my favourite game that year. I thought it was so good I almost could not believe my enjoyment of it. And it kept on going with creative fun until the credits rolled. So a sequel to that would be great. I know Astro had a small outing on PS5 already, but I'm talking about the next big thing for Astro. And the idea comes from the little playstation hommage scenes they built into Playroom.

Astro Station:
Where all the Sony IP come together in a joyfull celebration of play.
This could be VR, not sure yet. PSVR 2 would be really something with Astro, but the concept might not be best on VR.
Astro and his crew find a huge, half broken space-station, floating into nowhere. It is a tiny bit scary, but in a fun way. You have to explore a bit and your ship manages to power part of the Station. Turns out: it is a Play Station. A huge space station designed to play games on, with many secrets and hidden levels and levers and cool easter eggs and stuff you can make progress with. A really meaty hub-world with lots of things to do and discover.
But the main part of the game are the levels you can start playing as Astro. Perhaps hoping in picture frame style, holograms manifesting into reality before your eyes, Astro having to put on a VR-Set to start playing, etc.
Whatever it is - from this "Play Station" you land in a level designed after a popular Sony IP. But still with this typical Astro robot spin on everything. I think you should be hunting robot dinosaurs in this game. And paint shiny cobblestone streets red with cute little robot "blood" in a Bloodborne level. And you should unearth a little lost treasure while climbing on dangerous cliffs. And swing through a robot version of NYC to battle against Robot DocOc (and he and his tentacles get along just really fine with both of them being robotic). Sony does not own the IP as far as I know, but there are a ton of fun ideas you could have with Detroit Become Human in an Astro Bot version. Obviously, for one level you have to partner up with Clank to rescue Ratchet and save him from whatever mess he got himself into. And imagine Captain Astro slashing his way through hordes of enemys alongside the Bot of War. I would also want to see some JRPG stuff. Varying gameplay between levels is one of the core appeals of this hypothetical game. So be sure to get your strategies right with turn based sections. Just don't know what classic JRPG Sony owns. But throw as much into the mix as possible while still dedicating true effort to every single IP represented. Make the levels big and meaningful. Perhaps somewhere in between a Kingdom Hearts world and what is a typical Astro level now. Some part of the space station, this "play station" can be designed after Playstation Home. You can just have a ton of fun with this concept.

Weirdly this is not extremely original, not even for a playstation IP. Little Big Planet tried something similar. I can remember there being a Metal Gear level. It just always felt like LBP playing dress up. I want something fully realised.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Dante9 said:

Yes, I am old.

Command and Conquer Red Alert (the second part?) was such a cool game. My brother and I played it on PS1 a whole lot. Just against the computer, no campaign stuff. I think we enjoyed just building it all up as far as it could go. And grilling enemy soldiers with these electric defense towers. Really fun game.

You talking about the campaign makes me think I missed more than half the game. Perhaps I will check out some let's plays.

A sequel to that series sure would be nice. But weirdly I think this is the only RTS I ever played. A sequel with some modern bells and whitles might be the perfect opportunity to give this genre another try. I think I liked the soviet nuclear cold war stuff they were going for in Red Alert. Could really blend well with an alternate history angle were the USSR still exists to this day and they come up with all sorts of crazy looking communist war weapons.

Yeah, the Red Alert branch was fun as well, why not?

If you haven't played the campaigns, why not get your hands on some type of machine that can let you play them? They should be cheap or even free to play by now.

Dante9 said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Yeah, the Red Alert branch was fun as well, why not?

If you haven't played the campaigns, why not get your hands on some type of machine that can let you play them? They should be cheap or even free to play by now.

Yeah, I can try. Perhaps I will even try my old PS1 with the original copy  of the game. Last I checked (2019) console still works fine.

Any recommendations other than the Red Alert PS1 game I already have? What is your favourite in the series?

I'll keep going:

Paper Mario: The War for Rogueport - The Pianta Syndicate and Robbos are back at it, under new leadership each, in their fight for the town. In this expanded map (30 times larger than the original), you will fight dozens of variations of each gang, uncover the real reason the gangs are fighting, and shockingly discover that Princess Peach is behind the fight in her quest to weaken both gangs so the Mushroom Kingdom can invade and conquer the rich port city. Just what has gotten into Princess Peach's mind? Is she in control of her thoughts?! Find out as you complete dozens of side-yet-related quests in every area from the original, including the Glitz Pit!