By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your dream sequel

Kid Icarus: Uprising 2. I'm replaying KI:U and it's even better than I remembered.

PLS Nintendo and Sakurai.

Around the Network

Take all the characters from Smash, all their moves, animations, voice actors...

And make a traditional, turned based JRPG. Literally every character available for playing. Dozens of teams of four to choose from with different starting positions and subplots, the other teams of four are either enemies or allies you bump into on the adventure. Combat is like Paper Mario TTYD and Dragon Quest mixed together, with a humorous crowd watching and interacting like it's all a play. Massive story, cinematics, budget, full on voice acting. Basically the Ultimate JRPG with combat so simple everyone can enjoy and characters that excite people from all over the world. It would make Kingdom Hearts look like a joke by comparison.

How about Syphon Filter 4 on PS2 that actually lived up to the quality of the original two games on PS1? Those first two were, at the time, up there with the industry's best. Then PS2 happened and it was as if Sony was like, "Syphon Who?"

To this day, I'm still confused by their abandonment of that franchise. It doesn't make any sense.

Dino Crisis 4

Okami 2 for the Switch.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Take all the characters from Smash, all their moves, animations, voice actors...

And make a traditional, turned based JRPG. Literally every character available for playing. Dozens of teams of four to choose from with different starting positions and subplots, the other teams of four are either enemies or allies you bump into on the adventure. Combat is like Paper Mario TTYD and Dragon Quest mixed together, with a humorous crowd watching and interacting like it's all a play. Massive story, cinematics, budget, full on voice acting. Basically the Ultimate JRPG with combat so simple everyone can enjoy and characters that excite people from all over the world. It would make Kingdom Hearts look like a joke by comparison.

Now that's a nice idea.

It reminds me that the cutscenes are one of the reasons I love The Subspace Emissary on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Follow up to Chrono Trigger/Cross. This needs to be a Trilogy to tie up the loose ends (Radical Dreamers doesn't count).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Final Fantasy Tactics A3 for the Switch with the 2D-HD graphics of Octopath and Triangle.

Dulfite said:

Sounds super ambitious! I'm really curious how a crowd watching would be implemented. Would every level look like a stage from a play? And would this also translate into environments looking like crafted props? I'm thinking a bit if Puppeteer while typing this. That had a really cool, stage-like handcrafted style to it.

Would the crowd be humans like in New Donk City, or just a mix of chars from the various IPs?

JuliusHackebeil said:
Dulfite said:

Sounds super ambitious! I'm really curious how a crowd watching would be implemented. Would every level look like a stage from a play? And would this also translate into environments looking like crafted props? I'm thinking a bit if Puppeteer while typing this. That had a really cool, stage-like handcrafted style to it.

Would the crowd be humans like in New Donk City, or just a mix of chars from the various IPs?

Strings would be amazing to look like puppets! And the audience would be random side characters from all the different games, rotating around between thousands of options for each fight, but each fight would be a healthy mixture that is randomly generated from the database. The audience would also throw random items (helpful or hurtful) occasionally to either your party or the enemy party just like TTYD.