By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your dream sequel

It does not have to be realistic. It does not have to be a direct sequel (could also be a part 5 of a comletely new IP). Could also be a prequel. Could be different genres than the original. Could also be a different dev team, or a vastly different budget than the original had. Could be a sequel even though there is already one you just don't like very much. Could really be anything you want.

I'll start with an example:

Uncharted 4 released in 2016. That seems already long ago. But still longer if you think that a new Uncharted game will not be released in less than 1 year before its announcement. And we will not have such a thing a suspect this year. Meaning I could see the earliest next Uncharted be released in 2024. That is an 8 year gap and frankly already too long. There are so many possibilitys with this franchise. And it is somewhat in the discussion again, since the remaster bundle is coming soon. So a hefty sequel is in order:

Uncharted - Cutting loose

Cutter is going to be the protagonist. Nathan is completely out if the picture. Cutter is quite crazy and has no family responsabilities. He is rather shady and ready for a lot more dirty work than Nathan. But the tone is not gritty seriousness. It is lighthearted, funny (way more dark humor), gory (just a bit). Cutters perspective is unreliable. Sometimes he could forget what exactly he is after at the moment. He is violent and a bit unpredictable. He is a loose cannon doing things his own way. He is definitely not as good a treasure hunter or historian as Nathan is. And he will have to partner up along the adventure with somebody he does not like. Perhaps Sam. The treasure in question could be the Merchant Royal - 2019 they found hints to where it could be. It could take place in lots of parts of Britain but a bit of globe trotting is in order for a true Uncharted. Perhaps Russia, Australia, Eastern Europe, etc. Maybe the treasure is not that important after a while and it is more about them trying to keep their heads above water as the people they have to deal with get ever more dangerous. But it should still be a silly action blockbuster - perhaps a bit like KingsMan, just not spy stuff (or not much of it) and more focused on the action / adventure of it.

How would your dream sequels look like? Would you drastically change the ip? Would you unearth a long dormant franchise (legend of dragoon)? Would you set things right for a sequel the devs botched? Anything is on the table.

Around the Network

I would in fact want to see a continuation to The Legend of Dragoon, either a sequel set some time after the first game, or one set during the Dragon Campaign in the past. If not that, then I would like to see either Freespace 2 or Enslaved: Odyssey to the West get a sequel so we'd get a proper ending to their stories, since both ended on a cliffhanger.

BloodRayne 3. I was never more hyped for a game than I was for BloodRayne 3 after watching the tease at the end of BloodRyane 2. A world overrun with vampires where humans have to hide in heavily armed underground bunkers? Fun. I loved those games for the atmosphere, the entertaining villains, and Rayne's constant trash-talk. I'd love to see the first two of them remade. Rayne was the hunter in the previous games, perhaps in the third she could be the hunted.

Sid Meier's Pirates! 2

I want Astral Chain 2. It should be like the first game just with improvements on everything and a more cohesive story, since that is the weakest part of Astral Chain.

Around the Network

Half Life 3. Valve really needs to finish the story it created. HL2 is one of the most beloved games on PC and its sad we never got a sequel or conclusion. New engine and game and comes with a new Counter Strike Multiplayer as well as its own dedicated MP.

Max Payne - (Title). Remedy given the rights back from Rockstar and follows the story from the second game. Semi-reboot akin to GoW.

Mass Effect 4. Straight into development right on the tail of 3. Original developers and all. Bigger and better with explorable worlds as with first game

Granted we know nothing about the fourth game other than the teaser last year. I feel Bioware really scuffed up with Andromeda and the move to make Anthem instead of a new ME was disastrous for them. I'm still excited for it, If only the game was released before and had all the original devs on it.

Last edited by hinch - on 29 November 2021

Soldier of Fortune

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Warcraft 4. I'm a huge RTS fan, and I had spent soooooooo much time playing Warcraft 3 for years. Unfortunately, WoW took all the spotlight for so long that the Warcraft franchise has been an MMORPG longer than it was an RTS. Plus the pile the crap that was WC3: Reforged, and knowing now that Blizzard will forever be dead to me.

Next Turok
Next Extreme G
Next Lufia

Gravity Rush 3
Command and Conquer 5
Half life 3
Starcraft 3
Warcraft 4

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850