By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite sport in Wii Sports?

Tagged games:

Best sport from Wii Sports is...

Baseball 1 2.38%

Bowling 13 30.95%

Boxing 3 7.14%

Golf 7 16.67%

Tennis 18 42.86%

Total:42

Surprised at the Bowling results, I played it as much as the other sports, but never caught my attention that much.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Surprised at the Bowling results, I played it as much as the other sports, but never caught my attention that much.

I'm surprised that we have 27 votes, and 0 for Baseball.

Well, Bowling and Tennis are my favorites. Never played the others too much.

Metallox said:

Bah! It should be 9 for bowling and 4 for Boxing at the current numbers (not 10 and 3).
I mean, I liked Bowling, but I liked Boxing more.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The Bocce minigame was pretty cool. Pain in the ass to unlock though.

Second best for me would be tennis; it wasn't quite as immersive as bowling but it was still intuitive and fun.

Love it or hate it, it can't be denied Wii Sports was one of the most effective killer apps in the history of gaming, millions of Wiis were sold after one try of it at a friend or family member's house.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Rough one between bowling and tennis. Went with bowling in the end though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

JWeinCom said:

The Bocce minigame was pretty cool. Pain in the ass to unlock though.

It has been a long time.  I don't remember this?

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Master Quest
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2015 - Super Mario Maker
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Tennis. Golf was pretty great too.

I love Wii sports

I’m kind of pissed off that Nintendo refuses to continue this franchise.

It was a lot of fun, and the joy-cons seem like they push advancement enough to make something compelling in the way of a sequel.
I’m hoping something pops up soon. I’m still holding out.

I mean, seriously. Break out Wii Sports today, the game is still loads of fun - and it’s 15 years old this autumn.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I'm kind of pissed off that Nintendo refuses to continue this franchise.

It was a lot of fun, and the joy-cons seem like they push advancement enough to make something compelling in the way of a sequel.
I'm hoping something pops up soon. I'm still holding out.

I mean, seriously. Break out Wii Sports today, the game is still loads of fun - and it's 15 years old this autumn.

I totally agree, is a game that always is kind of fun to play after not playing it for a long time, thanks to the simplicity of its concept and to the easyness with which you can pick up an play, i think others and myself too always wanted that the controls were a bit more responsive and that happened in some form with the wii motion+ and wii sports resort, after seeing how well fittness boxing 1 and 2, and ring fit adventure are selling i think Nintendo could throw us a wii sports game that uses the joy-cons in an effective way.