By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite sport in Wii Sports?

Tagged games:

Best sport from Wii Sports is...

Baseball 1 2.38%

Bowling 13 30.95%

Boxing 3 7.14%

Golf 7 16.67%

Tennis 18 42.86%

Total:42

Tennis and Boxing are my favorites. Liked Bowling a lot too. Golf was also fun, but I didn't play it that much. Wasn't really into Baseball.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

I'm kind of pissed off that Nintendo refuses to continue this franchise.

It was a lot of fun, and the joy-cons seem like they push advancement enough to make something compelling in the way of a sequel.
I'm hoping something pops up soon. I'm still holding out.

I mean, seriously. Break out Wii Sports today, the game is still loads of fun - and it's 15 years old this autumn.

I think Clubhouse Games is the closest you are going to get.  It seems to be a combination of Wii Sports and Wii Play, plus a bunch of other games.  Unfortunately, it seems to be missing a true version of boxing, tennis, and baseball.  It has "toy" versions instead.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Tennis easy, The should do Switch Sports already. It would hardly any effort to do it.

Great thread, I personally like Tennis the most, most fun in multiplayer. But all are pretty fun, except Baseball, which was pretty boring. Boxing was a surprising good workout. Maybe I should get Fitness boxing, not in a good shape currently.

A similar poll for Wii Sports Resort would be interesting as well, although it has more than 10 options. Archery and Sword fighting were pretty fun there, while flying around the island was great as relaxation.

And we need Switch Sports soon.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Great thread, I personally like Tennis the most, most fun in multiplayer. But all are pretty fun, except Baseball, which was pretty boring. Boxing was a surprising good workout. Maybe I should get Fitness boxing, not in a good shape currently.

A similar poll for Wii Sports Resort would be interesting as well, although it has more than 10 options. Archery and Sword fighting were pretty fun there, while flying around the island was great as relaxation.

Yeah someone should make a poll for wii sports resort to see how the different games fare, i thought baseball being my least favorite in wii sports was just me being me, but now i see that maybe all other sports were more fun or better implemented than baseball.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Resort is to me one of the best examples of a sequel that takes the foundation of its predecessor and improves on it massively. 

Kendo/swordfighting would have to be my favourite game from it, but the plane, bowling, and archery were superb as well.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 June 2021

Bowling was my fav.

curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:

Resort is to me one of the best examples of a sequel that takes the foundation of its predecessor and improves on it massively. 

Kendo/swordfighting would have to be my favourite game from it, but the plane, bowling, and archery were superb as well.

The sword fighting was awesome.  Sometimes I wonder if the people that struggled with Skyward Sword never played Wii Sports Resort.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Ah that was hard. I went with Golf but Tennis could easily be the pick. Golf had a lot of depth but Tennis was so easy to pick up and play and get obsessed with it.

theRepublic said:
curl-6 said:

The sword fighting was awesome.  Sometimes I wonder if the people that struggled with Skyward Sword never played Wii Sports Resort.

The swordfighting in Wii Sports Resort was my biggest "wow, this is so next gen" moment of Gen 7. More than Gears of War, more than Uncharted 2, more than Crysis even. It really felt like something futuristic, almost science fiction, like it was straight out of an episode of Star Trek or something. Truly mindblowing stuff.