By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What other games do you want to see on Switch?

DP

Edit: Using the useless space here to say it's refreshing that folks here also like Kid Ikarus 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 08 August 2020

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
Dulfite said:

Sonic Adventures 3
Starfox Adventures 2
Remake of The Clone Wars GameCube game
Rogue Squadron 4
Advanced Wars sequel
Mario and Luigi sequel
New, innovative 2-D Mario game (not Delux or SMM).
30+ hour campaign high budget Starfox game with dedicated servers for massive online space battle multiplayer, with insane graphic cutscenes for the story mode. They've cheapest out on this series long enough with these pathetic 2+ hour campaign lengths and cartoon graphics (Zero).
Massive open world RPG game starting their most popular Smash characters.

3D Donkey Kong

Yes to the three bolded ones holy crap!

Love the Rogue Squadron series. Sad the new SW:Squadrons game isn't coming out on Switch. Rogue Squadron II on Gamecube was probably my favorite 3d flight game ever. And 1 and 3 were good too.

And yes a legit big AAA Star Fox game. I remember getting SF64 and beating it the same day I got it and being like wtf?! Good game but soooo short. Haven't played a Star Fox since, but would love to see a new AAA Star Fox game that includes huge online battles.

And yeah if we're never gonna get a SMRPG sequel, an RPG Smash would be amazing. 

I tell ya, I have more autocorrect errors on this website than anything else haha.

Glad to know someone shares my passion for these! Starfox could be absolutely massive if they would just give it the treatment it deserves. I still remember the emotions I went through as a child, having your father reach out and speak to you as you fight the evil emperor. Goodness I miss that.

Heroes of Might and Magic III HD

Kid Icarus Uprising Remastered

Pandora's Tower Remastered

Zelda: A Link to the Past

Octopath Traveler 2

Etrian Odyssey VI and Etrian Odyssey III Untold

Persona Q 3

Monkey Island 1+2

Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land Remastered

Heretic

Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered

Switch Sports Resort

EDIT: Rhythm Heaven

Last edited by Mnementh - on 08 August 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

IcaroRibeiro said:

Original Dragon Quest

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dragon-quest-switch/

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm extremely happy with the library right now. But I would love to see these either on Switch (not including already announced titles) or its successor (with full backwards compatibility):

1. F-Zero - either a brand new entry or I'd take an HD remaster of GX
2. Zelda - Ports of WWHD, TPHD, OoT3D, MM3D, a SS remaster... you know it would just be easier to say an HD port of the latest release for each entry of the series
3. Mario - Odyssey 2, Galaxy 3, brand new 2D, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 9, Rabbids Kingdom Battle sequel
4. Donkey Kong - a third Retro studios entry with David Wise returning once again, also a brand new 3D adventure
5. Xenoblade - Chronicles 3, X port, X-2, and a Warriors spinoff
6. Kid Icarus - Uprising HD remaster, sequel
7. Fire Emblem - Direct sequel to Three Houses, I just love those characters so much

I'm just going to stop now because its just a wish list for a wet dream at this point, I could go on for a long time and I have not even included third party franchises.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
mZuzek said:

I'd be so disappointed if they remastered Zelda 2 with no gameplay changes... with a proper remake, that game has a lot of potential. Anyway, neither one is happening, so whatever I guess.

To me the gameplay on Zelda 2 is perfect.  Any changes would make it worse.

The issue with Zelda 2, and Zelda 1 as well, is generational.  Anyone who started playing Zelda when it was 3D thinks the NES Zeldas are wrong or primitive.  But the truth is that the NES is actually when Zelda was at the peak of its popularity.  On the NES Zelda was the #2 franchise.  It has never been that popular since.  Even on the Switch, with Breath of the Wild, Zelda is only #4.

Changing Zelda 2 would be like changing Shakespeare, because it's not like modern TV.  It's perfect the way it is, but some people just don't get it.

I don’t think that’s the right way to look at it.

Both Switch and NES have sold 62 million units:

Zelda 1 only sold 6.51 million, and Zelda 2 sold 4.38 million; but Breath of the Wild has sold 18.6 million. To me that indicates that Breath of the Wild has reached more people and is therefore more popular.

I do agree with keeping Zelda 2 around in its original form - I tend to like the original adaptations of games myself, but I am also not against having an update of the game.

Even Shakespeare has been revised and adapted.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 08 August 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

To me the gameplay on Zelda 2 is perfect.  Any changes would make it worse.

The issue with Zelda 2, and Zelda 1 as well, is generational.  Anyone who started playing Zelda when it was 3D thinks the NES Zeldas are wrong or primitive.  But the truth is that the NES is actually when Zelda was at the peak of its popularity.  On the NES Zelda was the #2 franchise.  It has never been that popular since.  Even on the Switch, with Breath of the Wild, Zelda is only #4.

Changing Zelda 2 would be like changing Shakespeare, because it's not like modern TV.  It's perfect the way it is, but some people just don't get it.

Zelda 1 only sold 6.51 million, and Zelda 2 sold 4.38 million; but Breath of the Wild has sold 18.6 million. To me that indicates that Breath of the Wild has reached more people and is therefore more popular.

I do agree with keeping Zelda 2 around in its original form - I tend to like the original adaptations of games myself, but I am also not against having an update of the game.

When doing comparisons it's important to note what the market was like back then compared to now. 

There were 5.015 billion people back then, compared to 7.8 billion now for one thing. That's a 36% increase in people. So let's add that to the 6.51 and 4.38 million sold, meaning Zelda 1 would have sold 8.9 million now and Zelda 2 6 million.

But it's not just population growth. It's how big the gaming market was back then compared to now. NES was 62 mil, as you said, and (let's go conservative), at the low end Switch will sell 100 million. There are proportionally more gamers now days than there were in 1987, how many more it's hard to tell. But if taken into account, then those Zelda 1/2 would be much higher if NES had launched with this size gaming market.

Botw numbers, probably not, but maybe close.

Dulfite said:
Jumpin said:

When doing comparisons it's important to note what the market was like back then compared to now. 

There were 5.015 billion people back then, compared to 7.8 billion now for one thing. That's a 36% increase in people. So let's add that to the 6.51 and 4.38 million sold, meaning Zelda 1 would have sold 8.9 million now and Zelda 2 6 million.

But it's not just population growth. It's how big the gaming market was back then compared to now. NES was 62 mil, as you said, and (let's go conservative), at the low end Switch will sell 100 million. There are proportionally more gamers now days than there were in 1987, how many more it's hard to tell. But if taken into account, then those Zelda 1/2 would be much higher if NES had launched with this size gaming market.

Botw numbers, probably not, but maybe close.

I don't think that is a good analysis. Population doesn't change the fact that 62 million systems have been sold. And size of the market also doesn't change that fact either. But what does matter is we're talking about Zelda when it was a brand new series, that is very different than venerated historied Zelda series we know today. Yes Zelda did become one of the big series because of the NES games, but that is very different than being a highly anticipated game like BotW was that came out at launch and has been the killer app of the system.

First party

Advance Wars
Chibi Robo
F-Zero
Mother 3
New IPs

Third Party

Fantasy General II
Galactic Civilizations III
Hearts of Iron 4
Monkey Island 1+2 Remasters
Day of the Tentacle Remaster
Persona
Nioh

Other

N64, GB and GC games with Switch online subscription.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Original Dragon Quest 

Is already on the Switch

Shaunodon said:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Please free these games from ebay purgatory.

Yes!

Hell Yes!

Hell Fucking Yes!

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 August 2020

New Donkey Kong Country
Golden Sun 4
Kid Icarus Uprising Sequel
New Kirby
Chrono Trigger Remake (I know this is a longshot and probably won't happen, but I can dream)
New Wario Ware & Wario Land
New Mario Golf
Shining Force 2 Remake or new Shining Force.