By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What other games do you want to see on Switch?

It's on my avatar. Sadly do think it will ever see the light of day again 😔

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Jumpin said:

I don’t think that’s the right way to look at it.

Both Switch and NES have sold 62 million units:

Zelda 1 only sold 6.51 million, and Zelda 2 sold 4.38 million; but Breath of the Wild has sold 18.6 million. To me that indicates that Breath of the Wild has reached more people and is therefore more popular.

I do agree with keeping Zelda 2 around in its original form - I tend to like the original adaptations of games myself, but I am also not against having an update of the game.

Even Shakespeare has been revised and adapted.

Yeah, this is what I was originally asking for.  I want an updated version of Zelda 2 (and Zelda 1 and Link to the Past) that is similar to the Link's Awakening remake.  Updated graphics with some QoL refinements.  I don't want them to radically change the game like FF7 Remake though.

Mystic Quest (Seiken Densetsu 1), the first ever handheld action RPG, was remade twice: Sword of Mana and Adventures of Mana. Sword of Mana is one of my most hated remakes while Adventures of Mana is one of my most loved.

Sword of Mana was a 2D remake on GBA that “fixed” a lot of stuff that wasn’t broken, and bulked up the story as if the original wasn’t good enough. As a result, I found much of the tension of the original script was lost. Sometimes a few quick lines deliver a more emotional experience than 4-6 pages of dialogue. What they were going for was something that more resembled Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2).

Adventures of Mana was both more ambitious and more true to the original experience. It took the original 2D monochrome game and adapted it to 3D. While the game looks very different on the surface, it feels much closer to Mystic Quest than Sword of Mana does.

The Square side of Square Enix is generally not as good as the Enix side at mobile versions of games, but Adventures of Mana is a whopping exception.

Speaking of which, Square! If you have eyes in this forum: bring Adventures of Mana to Switch! Also, port over the SaGa 2 remake.  

Last edited by Jumpin - on 10 August 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well I mean if we're talking the perfect library then the possibilities are endless.
Just looking at the 1st party ones:

Astral Chain 2
New 3D Mario (Oddysey 2? Galaxy 3? Something new? I'm down with whatever)
Pikmin 4
F-Zero game
Open world Pokémon game with access to some of the previous regions
Golden Sun Remake (of 1+2 combined, since they're basicly part 1 and 2 of a single game anyways)
Mother Trilogy Remake
2D Metroid

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

• Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

Also I'd like a new 2D Zelda or 2D Metroid and NOT a remake of previous games

Xenoblade X

Around the Network

IcaroRibeiro said:

Original Dragon Quest 

Is already on the Switch!

DQ11 is a port. I want a brand new game. Can be a spin off, but an original experience

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yeah, I really hope the rumored 2D Metroid game they are working on is not just a Super Metroid remake but an actual new game. New 2D Metroids and Zeldas over remakes anyday.

Slownenberg said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yeah, I really hope the rumored 2D Metroid game they are working on is not just a Super Metroid remake but an actual new game. New 2D Metroids and Zeldas over remakes anyday.

Same, I'd love a new 2D Metroid but it would be so lazy but typical of Nintendo to just remake Super or Fusion. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 August 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Just one.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Is already on the Switch!

DQ11 is a port. I want a brand new game. Can be a spin off, but an original experience

With original Dragon Quest, I understood you meant the very first one, as in Dragon Quest 1. And that one is on the Switch.