By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

Wow, the lengths that some people go to and try and diminish anything positive about this game. I absolutely fucking love this game selling so much and I hope it continues to break records so people can just sit there and see it in the charts and not be able to do a thing about it. You can hate on it all you want and use any excuse you want but at the end of the day it's selling millions of copies and the haters can't do a fucking thing about it.

Around the Network

Amazing opening. Did better than expected.
But as for the game itself, it is a bit disappointing from the 12 or so hours I've played so far. Currently is lags way behind part 1, particularly in its characters and story.
Gameplay may be better though.

This may turn out to be like Mass Effect 3 where the critics praised it like crazy but the fan-base was really divided.
Ive seen both glowing praise and heavy criticism of this game since it released be it on forums, youtube, streamers etc. Really a polarizing game.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Immersiveunreality said:
Hynad said:

Maybe you shouldn’t take the pulse of a game by using your usual online echo-chambers.

He went in disagreeing with others that did not like the game and changed his view during his own playthrough of it so i do not think he is reflecting the opinions of echo-chambers.

He was moaning that he preordered the game in a drug haze and wanted to know if he could cancel it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

melbye said:
Sales were always gonna be frontloaded, legs will be awful

Doubtful. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Ohhh sooo many Salt and so many non-regulars in this thread.

Around the Network

Thats awesome. Really enjoying it myself.

melbye said:

I've noticed that the bar set by this game's detractors keeps getting moved. First it was "wait for the reviews". Then the reviews were outstanding. Then it was "wait for the sales". Now the first sales data is in and it points to an outstanding launch. Now it's "wait for the legs". I'm sensing a pattern here.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 21 June 2020

Jaicee said:
melbye said:

I've noticed that the bar set by this game's detractors keeps getting moved. First it was "wait for the reviews". Then the reviews were outstanding. Then it was "wait for the sales". Now the first sales data is in and it points to an outstanding launch. Now it's "wait for the legs". I'm sensing a pattern here.

What sane detractor would ever say "wait for the reviews" on a woke game?  You could spit in the box and ship it instead of the game, as long as the box says a bunch of woke talking points, the professional game reviewers would still give it 10/10.  They would have literally been fired if they did anything else but praise the game.  

Unless you meant user reviews.  Which I don't think I even need to mention given how theres already SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs about how unfair the reviews are.  Despite the fact that apparently Europe got the game 3 days early so they did in fact have a chance to play.  

And as I've stated before, the sales aren't in.  Day one are always sold out.  Just like the next Playstation console will sell out day one just like the next Nintendo will sell out day one.  Everything big sells out day one.  If it DIDN'T sell out day one, that would have been the apocalypse right there.  

User was banned for this post - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 22 June 2020

The amount of downplaying in this thread is off the charts! (pun intended)

Sales are sales people. You can't play them and they can't hurt you.

What happened to letting people enjoy things?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

DarkD said:
Jaicee said:

What sane detractor would ever say "wait for the reviews" on a woke game?  You could spit in the box and ship it instead of the game, as long as the box says a bunch of woke talking points, the professional game reviewers would still give it 10/10.  They would have literally been fired if they did anything else but praise the game.  

Unless you meant user reviews.  Which I don't think I even need to mention given how theres already SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs about how unfair the reviews are.  Despite the fact that apparently Europe got the game 3 days early so they did in fact have a chance to play.  

Any link of the earlier launch in Europe? 
I cannot find anything on Google, I can in fact, find news about FFVII remake launching earlier but nothing on this game.