By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

DarkD said:
Jaicee said:

I've noticed that the bar set by this game's detractors keeps getting moved. First it was "wait for the reviews". Then the reviews were outstanding. Then it was "wait for the sales". Now the first sales data is in and it points to an outstanding launch. Now it's "wait for the legs". I'm sensing a pattern here.

What sane detractor would ever say "wait for the reviews" on a woke game?  You could spit in the box and ship it instead of the game, as long as the box says a bunch of woke talking points, the professional game reviewers would still give it 10/10.  They would have literally been fired if they did anything else but praise the game.  

Unless you meant user reviews.  Which I don't think I even need to mention given how theres already SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs about how unfair the reviews are.  Despite the fact that apparently Europe got the game 3 days early so they did in fact have a chance to play.  

And as I've stated before, the sales aren't in.  Day one are always sold out.  Just like the next Playstation console will sell out day one just like the next Nintendo will sell out day one.  Everything big sells out day one.  If it DIDN'T sell out day one, that would have been the apocalypse right there.  

Dude, what exactly are the "woke talking points" you're referring to? I'm more than 10 hours into this game so far and am finding it deeply, deeply centrist politically. (Feel free to use the spoiler tags.) Somebody needs to actually answer this question concretely for me with something other than "there are lesbians" for me to buy it.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
DarkD said:

What sane detractor would ever say "wait for the reviews" on a woke game?  You could spit in the box and ship it instead of the game, as long as the box says a bunch of woke talking points, the professional game reviewers would still give it 10/10.  They would have literally been fired if they did anything else but praise the game.  

Unless you meant user reviews.  Which I don't think I even need to mention given how theres already SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs about how unfair the reviews are.  Despite the fact that apparently Europe got the game 3 days early so they did in fact have a chance to play.  

And as I've stated before, the sales aren't in.  Day one are always sold out.  Just like the next Playstation console will sell out day one just like the next Nintendo will sell out day one.  Everything big sells out day one.  If it DIDN'T sell out day one, that would have been the apocalypse right there.  

Dude, what exactly are the "woke talking points" you're referring to? I'm more than 10 hours into this game so far and am finding it deeply, deeply centrist politically. (Feel free to use the spoiler tags.) Somebody needs to actually answer this question concretely for me with something other than "there are lesbians" for me to buy it.

I have avoided all spoilers so I cannot confirm this yet (still playing and enjoying the game), but I think the biggest controversial point seems to be from the leaks (since a lot of people bombing it have not even played the game).  I also gather that it has to do with the end of the game.

But again, I cannot confirm at this time.  I would rather enjoy a good game and have it ruined at the end, than tarnish my experience now by spoiling it.  Or conversely, get to the end and find out that the entire thing is overblown and taken out of context without knowing exactly what goes down during Ellie's travels.  Like they are missing a piece of the puzzle.

Like I said, I will judge for myself when I finish the game.  I worked hard to go in blind on this one.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

CGI-Quality said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

AC could still sell millions at full $60 after several years, that is the difference.

Nah, you’re simply trying to turn this into an us versus them and it’s not happening. Stop while you’re behind.

1.The title.

2.What I said is correct, right?

src said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Do you expect it will sell 11 million in 11 weeks like AC?

That was shipped.

HoangNhatAnh said:

AC could still sell millions at full $60 after several years, that is the difference.

So could TLOU

HoangNhatAnh said:

It will reach 20mil with many price cuts and give away like the 1st game, of course.

AC is already being bundled as well.

Imagine being so insecure that TLOU beat AC in one region that you go on the defensive like this and get every single post wrong

The 1st game got price cut then being give away for free many times after 3-4 years. Are you saying that TLOU 2 could still sell millions at full $60 after 4 years?

CGI-Quality said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

1.The title.

What you said was unnecessary, so stop highlighting it.

Ok, if you say so.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

1.The title.

What you said was unnecessary, so stop highlighting it.

CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

To be fair, the title of the thread is just asking for trouble in this regard isn't it? Not that agree with this guy pitting the games against eachother.

Not really. One is simply pointing out that it sold higher numbers than another and he is bringing up a totally irrelevant point to that fact. It doesn’t need to happen.

Sorry, how exactly is putting "beating Animal Crossing" in the title, any more relevant than mentioning AC will still outsell TLoUII with a $60 pricetag for several years?

This thread is in Sony Discussion and Animal Crossing is not a Sony game. If it's the biggest launch in UK then there's no need to mention any other game, as it's already a given they'd be lower. So what's the merit of mentioning it in the title?

CGI-Quality said:
Shaunodon said:

Sorry, how exactly is putting "beating Animal Crossing" in the title, any more relevant than mentioning AC will still outsell TLoUII with a $60 pricetag for several years?

This thread is in Sony Discussion and Animal Crossing is not a Sony game. If it's the biggest launch in UK then there's no need to mention any other game, as it's already a given they'd be lower. So what's the merit of mentioning it in the title?

We're not discussing his input any further. 

As for the title, it was in the tweet (and highlighted in the OP from the original source). It's comparing the previously highest selling title under the circumstances. Yes it is relevant. If moving the thread to Gaming Discussion helps, I can do that.

Edit: We also mention it in an article on the site (as it is mentioned virtually everywhere that's discussing it).

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444127/the-last-of-us-part-ii-has-the-biggest-uk-launch-of-2020-outsells-animal-crossing-new-horizons-by-40/

It is a big deal and takes nothing away from what Animal Crossing achieved.

The article you linked says "Outsells Animal Crossing: New Horizons by 40% - Sales". That's relevant info because it gives us an actual basis for overall sales, rather than just mentioning "beat Animal Crossing".

The tweet from OP also mentioned "bigger than the Uncharted 4 launch in boxed sales alone", "and comfortably bigger than its predecessor", but neither of those were necessary for the thread title.

I still don't see it. Just seems arbitrary at best.

Never understood why people think its a good thing nintendo games almost never drop in price,its so anti consumer.

Why pay more if ya can pay less.

Never understood the " yes it sold 20mill but not at 60$"

Most games cant even sell a 1mill.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Immersiveunreality said:
I find the story of this game shit and extemely stupid and nearingly activismlike, and i currently suspect Neil Druckman for those bad developments..
But it is still such a well crafted game and i do hope it does well for that.

What makes me somewhat sad, is the fact that the staff treatment and the crunch will all likely be completely ignored after this. It doesn't matter what goes on in those people's lives, just as long as the game is good (which is the gist I get from pure focus on the game selling as well as it is right now).

I feel like bringing up game crunch and staff treatment is something pointless to mention within the gaming communities, because they'll only be mired by it for a few weeks/months, them forget when said game finally releases. At least around the world, we have causes being fought for, and not forgotten as fast as issues that currently permeate within the games industry. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Man, the length some people are willing to go to downplay the success of this game is amazing. Just face it, only a small online minority made a fuss about the "questionable content" (whatever that means) of the game and now every negative prediction that was made fell flat on its face. The game is a huge critical darling and sales are there to back it up

OT: amazing debute. I am getting close to the end of the game, and oh my it's a masterpiece... Deserved every single copy and then some

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!