By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

xl-klaudkil said:
Never understood why people think its a good thing nintendo games almost never drop in price,its so anti consumer.

Why pay more if ya can pay less.

Never understood the " yes it sold 20mill but not at 60$"

Most games cant even sell a 1mill.

You can explain the reason why Nintendo games keep selling millions at $60 after 4 years then.

Around the Network

I'm sure it cant outsell Animal Crossing New Horizons Worldwide when all is said and done.

CGI-Quality said:
Shaunodon said:

The article you linked says "Outsells Animal Crossing: New Horizons by 40% - Sales". That's relevant info because it gives us an actual basis for overall sales, rather than just mentioning "beat Animal Crossing".

The tweet from OP also mentioned "bigger than the Uncharted 4 launch in boxed sales alone", "and comfortably bigger than its predecessor", but neither of those were necessary for the thread title.

I still don't see it. Just seems arbitrary at best.

Passing Animal Crossing is the relevant info. We can argue semantics about the OP's thread title, but it is what it is. I don't see much wrong with it, unlike comparing prices of games that have no relevance to the discussion.

Um, TLOU2: 195k launched opening higher around ~50k than AC in UK.

Japan, on the other hand, AC 1.9M vs ~ TLOU2 150k 

Should there is a thread about Japan sales number of both games too, don't you agree?

HoangNhatAnh said:
CGI-Quality said:

Passing Animal Crossing is the relevant info. We can argue semantics about the OP's thread title, but it is what it is. I don't see much wrong with it, unlike comparing prices of games that have no relevance to the discussion.

Should there is a thread about Japan sales number of both games too, don't you agree?

What are you talking about? Why are you derailing the thread with every one of your posts? Have you seen the thread title? It's a sales discussion about the opening week of TLoU2 in the UK and the original poster gave us the yearly reference numbers that are discussed industry-wide. Why are you being so protective about something that was obviously not an attack on your preferred game? 

Do you care about how well this game performed compared to others? Or based on your expectations? If not, what are you still doing here?

Seriously, it's kind-off hard to actually have a valid discussion about how well TLoU2 is doing on a SALES site with all the derailing going on here. I honestly thought that the average VGC user was above this, but it seems I was wrong.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Marth said:
How did we get to three pages already?

Congratz to TLOU. Expected and deserved result.
Game could very well hit 20M. Should also perform very well in most of Europe and the US.

While I think that it will be able to pass the 15 million mark, 20 million this late in the console cycle, seems like a bit of a stretch. But the fact that the PS5 is BC with it, might help the legs. The re-release of the first game on the PS4 did wonders for it. 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

What are you talking about? Why are you derailing the thread with every one of your posts? Have you seen the thread title? It's a sales discussion about the opening week of TLoU2 in the UK and the original poster gave us the yearly reference numbers that are discussed industry-wide. Why are you being so protective about something that was obviously not an attack on your preferred game? 

Do you care about how well this game performed compared to others? Or based on your expectations? If not, what are you still doing here?

Seriously, it's kind-off hard to actually have a valid discussion about how well TLoU2 is doing on a SALES site with all the derailing going on here. I honestly thought that the average VGC user was above this, but it seems I was wrong.

But we compare both games in a UK sales thread, why not compare them in a JP sales thread too? I'm just asking, you know. Unless there is a legit reason why a thread about it couldn't be made, of course.

HoangNhatAnh said:
hunter_alien said:

But we compare both games in a UK sales thread, why not compare them in a JP sales thread too? I'm just asking, you know. Unless there is a legit reason why a thread about it couldn't be made, of course.

Last of Us outselling animal crossing is note worthy in the UK it wasn't a given, the same can't be said for Japan. It's pretty simple.

I really think the legs on this one will run out way sooner than they did for the first game. The sequel is just too divisive and people who loved the original story and characters will hate this one. I don't even think it's really about the "woke" thing, but that the story and handling of the beloved characters is just utter shite, no matter how you look at it.
I have a theory as to how the game came to be as it is. Naughty Dog said they had to cut a lot of content out of the game, for whatever reason. Maybe there was some *really* woke stuff that Sony execs thought was just too much for the general audience, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Or maybe they will just sell us the rest of the game as DLC later on, which is kind of scummy in itself. Either way, because they had to hack off so much stuff, what's left of the story became this ham-fisted mess where things happen out of order, or too soon, or without proper justification and setup, no chance to relate to anything but just having to take the hits as they come.
As for myself, I spoiled myself when the leaks first came out and boy was I glad to have the heads up before blindly stumbling into this nightmare. That said, I have a feeling I'm going to buy the game anyways. Loved the first one and it's kind of like the Game of Thrones thing. You could see the last season was going to suck more and more as it went forward, but you just had to see it through to the end because you had been so invested in it for so long. TLOU2 will sell well, but make no mistake, it will be remembered as the sequel where Neil Druckmann dropped the ball in terms of storytelling.

Zyphe said:
I'm sure it cant outsell Animal Crossing New Horizons Worldwide when all is said and done.

10 posts in nine years. Where have you been my dude?

HoangNhatAnh said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Never understood why people think its a good thing nintendo games almost never drop in price,its so anti consumer.

Why pay more if ya can pay less.

Never understood the " yes it sold 20mill but not at 60$"

Most games cant even sell a 1mill.

You can explain the reason why Nintendo games keep selling millions at $60 after 4 years then.

Not so sure what you mean? So you think its  a consumer friendly thing to let your game stay @60bucks? Has nothing to do with quality if thats what your thinking. 

Its the same reason why the ps4 is still 299,99. It sells,but does not mean its consumer friendly. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil