By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

Jaicee said:
DarkD said:

What sane detractor would ever say "wait for the reviews" on a woke game?  You could spit in the box and ship it instead of the game, as long as the box says a bunch of woke talking points, the professional game reviewers would still give it 10/10.  They would have literally been fired if they did anything else but praise the game.  

Unless you meant user reviews.  Which I don't think I even need to mention given how theres already SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs about how unfair the reviews are.  Despite the fact that apparently Europe got the game 3 days early so they did in fact have a chance to play.  

And as I've stated before, the sales aren't in.  Day one are always sold out.  Just like the next Playstation console will sell out day one just like the next Nintendo will sell out day one.  Everything big sells out day one.  If it DIDN'T sell out day one, that would have been the apocalypse right there.  

Dude, what exactly are the "woke talking points" you're referring to? I'm more than 10 hours into this game so far and am finding it deeply, deeply centrist politically. (Feel free to use the spoiler tags.) Somebody needs to actually answer this question concretely for me with something other than "there are lesbians" for me to buy it.

Spoiler!
He's probably talking about Ellie being gay and in a gay couple with another girl at some point. Can't find anything else which could otherwise drive him up the wall for "woke talking points".

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
hunter_alien said:

What are you talking about? Why are you derailing the thread with every one of your posts? Have you seen the thread title? It's a sales discussion about the opening week of TLoU2 in the UK and the original poster gave us the yearly reference numbers that are discussed industry-wide. Why are you being so protective about something that was obviously not an attack on your preferred game? 

Do you care about how well this game performed compared to others? Or based on your expectations? If not, what are you still doing here?

Seriously, it's kind-off hard to actually have a valid discussion about how well TLoU2 is doing on a SALES site with all the derailing going on here. I honestly thought that the average VGC user was above this, but it seems I was wrong.

But we compare both games in a UK sales thread, why not compare them in a JP sales thread too? I'm just asking, you know. Unless there is a legit reason why a thread about it couldn't be made, of course.

Absolutely we can, there is nothing wrong with that, and I am more than willing to participate. But let's make a separate thread for that discussion, and not steer the one for the UK off

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well I don’t think this should surprise anyone. The instal base is at its peak and it’s their flagship IP. What I am curious about is it’s legs, and if any negative word of mouth will impact things. Looking forward to side by side comparisons to the 1st game.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

HoangNhatAnh said:
CGI-Quality said:

Passing Animal Crossing is the relevant info. We can argue semantics about the OP's thread title, but it is what it is. I don't see much wrong with it, unlike comparing prices of games that have no relevance to the discussion.

Um, TLOU2: 195k launched opening higher around ~50k than AC in UK.

Japan, on the other hand, AC 1.9M vs ~ TLOU2 150k 

Should there is a thread about Japan sales number of both games too, don't you agree?

Do we have official Japan numbers?

the game is sold out at Amazon Japan by the way!!

vonny said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

But we compare both games in a UK sales thread, why not compare them in a JP sales thread too? I'm just asking, you know. Unless there is a legit reason why a thread about it couldn't be made, of course.

Last of Us outselling animal crossing is note worthy in the UK it wasn't a given, the same can't be said for Japan. It's pretty simple.

But i thought EU is Sony land?

xl-klaudkil said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

You can explain the reason why Nintendo games keep selling millions at $60 after 4 years then.

Not so sure what you mean? So you think its  a consumer friendly thing to let your game stay @60bucks? Has nothing to do with quality if thats what your thinking. 

Its the same reason why the ps4 is still 299,99. It sells,but does not mean its consumer friendly. 

Majority of PS4 owners don't complain about it, so do Nintendo ones.

hunter_alien said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Absolutely we can, there is nothing wrong with that, and I am more than willing to participate. But let's make a separate thread for that discussion, and not steer the one for the UK off

This is exactly what i want to hear

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Should there is a thread about Japan sales number of both games too, don't you agree?

Not that I know off, but we should be getting them fairly soon.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kazuyamishima said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

You will know very soon  

HoangNhatAnh said:
Otter said:

Someone said TLOU2 will have aweful legs.  Not having AC kind of legs is not the same as having terrible legs. TLOU 1 had great legs, so there is no reason to doubt the same for part 2  which will be BC with PS5. 

It will reach 20mil with many price cuts and give away like the 1st game, of course.

99% of successful games with great legs cannot reach 20m despite of any kind of price cut or bundle so how exactly does this support your argument that it will have terrible legs?

Last edited by Otter - on 22 June 2020

HoangNhatAnh said:

TLOU is not a competitive franchise in the Japan so such a thread would be pointless.

It'll be like someone making a thread that THLOU2 sold 20x Xenoblade in the UK, no one would do it because it would be a dumb comparison. Animal Crossing however was a monster launch across the globe, so the comparison gives you an idea of how big TLOU2's launch was in the UK because AC was another huge launch recently.

Last edited by Otter - on 22 June 2020

HoangNhatAnh said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Never understood why people think its a good thing nintendo games almost never drop in price,its so anti consumer.

Why pay more if ya can pay less.

Never understood the " yes it sold 20mill but not at 60$"

Most games cant even sell a 1mill.

You can explain the reason why Nintendo games keep selling millions at $60 after 4 years then.

There is less competition on the Switch in terms of third party releases.