By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

What the hell do you mean by " wokest" what is that? 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nah.

Do you expect it will sell 11 million in 11 weeks like AC?

That was shipped.

HoangNhatAnh said:
CGI-Quality said:

What difference would it make if it didn't?

AC could still sell millions at full $60 after several years, that is the difference.

So could TLOU

HoangNhatAnh said:
Otter said:

Someone said TLOU2 will have aweful legs.  Not having AC kind of legs is not the same as having terrible legs. TLOU 1 had great legs, so there is no reason to doubt the same for part 2  which will be BC with PS5. 

It will reach 20mil with many price cuts and give away like the 1st game, of course.

AC is already being bundled as well.

Imagine being so insecure that TLOU beat AC in one region that you go on the defensive like this and get every single post wrong

src said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Do you expect it will sell 11 million in 11 weeks like AC?

That was shipped. *Thats a typo, it’s 11days

HoangNhatAnh said:

AC could still sell millions at full $60 after several years, that is the difference.

So could TLOU *Yes that’s true, but it’s legs would be nowhere near that of AC or any other evergreen that sells for $60

HoangNhatAnh said:

It will reach 20mil with many price cuts and give away like the 1st game, of course.

AC is already being bundled as well.

Imagine being so insecure that TLOU beat AC in one region that you go on the defensive like this and get every single post wrong

I don’t disagree with this, no one should have a problem with sales. TLoU2 is going to do well even with heavy price cuts/bundling/etc it’s a major achievement whatever it sells over (15mil/20mil/etc)

I see posts from users that are quick to talk about paying full price for a Switch game but ALWAYS fail to mention the voucher program that is still in effect in Europe and Japan...  :-/

Train wreck said:

I see posts from users that are quick to talk about paying full price for a Switch game but ALWAYS fail to mention the voucher program that is still in effect in Europe and Japan...  :-/

Whaaat, tell us how to avoid the high prices please.

Around the Network
DarkD said:
As others have said, Europe is the market Sony is likely to do best in. Europe has the wokest countries in the entire world. Let's see it do the same for Japan, US, Australia, or China. Any of those markets are gonna be a infinitely more difficult to penetrate than the EU.

In Australia:

- It’s been #1 best selling video game (software or hardware) for 2 straight weeks

- The limited edition console sold out after 2 days, price was Aud$559 for a console that is going to be replaced this holiday 2020.

- All the other retailers (JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, EB games and so others) saw huge physical sales of the game.

- Huge attach of digital sales of the game, physical game is aud$69 whilst digital is aud$99.

- Really positive word of mouth from many players already beat the game.

And I heard is the same in most countries :)

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 21 June 2020

Expected in one of their biggest markets

kazuyamishima said:
DarkD said:
As others have said, Europe is the market Sony is likely to do best in. Europe has the wokest countries in the entire world. Let's see it do the same for Japan, US, Australia, or China. Any of those markets are gonna be a infinitely more difficult to penetrate than the EU.

In Australia:

- It’s been #1 best selling video game (software or hardware) for 2 straight weeks

- The limited edition console sold out after 2 days, price was Aud$559 for a console that is going to be replaced this holiday 2020.

- All the other retailers (JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, EB games and so others) saw huge physical sales of the game.

- Huge attach of digital sales of the game.

A lot word of mouth I've seen has been quite negative. I've looked on message boards, streams, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. a large amount has been negative. I have seen some praise but not nearly as much.

kazuyamishima said:

In Australia:

- Huge attach of digital sales of the game, physical game is aud$69 whilst digital is aud$99.

How can it possible be #1 best selling for 2 weeks.  It's been out for 3 days.  The rest I refer you back to my original post.  Day one sales are meaningless...  And word of mouth is terrible right now.  I'm watching a twitch streamer try and finish it right now and he's basically screaming "when will it end" while 2000 viewers laugh at his misery.  

kazuyamishima said:
DarkD said:

In Australia:

Bolded: ofcourse,many praise from the rhetoric you like to see,just like with reviews we seek the opinions that are closest with our own.