By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

Signalstar said:
pikashoe said:

I disagree. Saying it has the highest opening of the year obviously means it did better than animal crossing. There is literally no need to then also say that it beat animal crossing. It is unnecessary information to add because the information before that already tells us all we need to know.

It's a point of reference telling the reader what the previous highest selling game opening. When records are broken its common to want to know what the previous record holder was.

Fair point

Around the Network

In France , Spain , Germany , Switzerland it's Nintendomination

CGI-Quality said:
xMetroid said:
I mean not to be that guy but UK is one of PS4's (if not the) biggest market ratio wise and it is the weakest for Nintendo.
So i would have been a bit concerned if it didn't beat it there. It will never match it's sales lifetime WW. I don't even think it will have a debut as big WW.

What are Animal Crossing's total numbers WW?

HoangNhatAnh said:

Do you expect it will sell 11 million in 11 weeks like AC?

What difference would it make if it didn't?

Per Nintendo's FY End briefing.

Global Sell-In was 11.77M as of 3/31/2020 (11 days).

Sell-Through in US/EUR/JP-only was 13.41M after 6 weeks (really 38 days - opening weekend + 5 weeks).

For comparison to that second number for the same three regions:

AC NH - 13.41M after 5.5 weeks - Link | Launch Quarter: 11.77M shipped in 2.5 weeks

Sun/Moon - 12.15M sold after 6.5 weeks - Link | Launch Quarter: 14.69M shipped in 6.5 weeks

SSBU - >10.0M after 5.5 weeks - Link | Launch Quarter: 12.07M shipped in 4.5 weeks

Sword/Shield - 12.28M after 9 weeks - Link | Launch Quarter: 16.06M shipped in 7 weeks

Note that the above three all launched right before/during Nov/Dec/Jan holiday period and the numbers all reflect result following New Year's holiday.  Animal Crossing NH is pacing considerably ahead of all three of these with a late March launch through the end of April.

Next update will be shipped numbers through 6/30/2020 given on 8/7/2020.  Based on the sell-through figure through late April, global sell-through should have been in the 15M territory and global sell-in around 16-17M.  With all of May/June to sell more, ACNH sell-in should be headed for 19-21M in that 8/7/2020 report.

John2290 said:
After playing the game long enough to know the word of mouth on this is going to criplle it going forward and word of mouth is more powerful than MC or OC by a hell of a lot. Casuals are the vast majority abd when they shit talk a game enmass that game is getting no breeze in it's sales.

Maybe you shouldn’t take the pulse of a game by using your usual online echo-chambers.

Another 20m seller.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
John2290 said:
After playing the game long enough to know the word of mouth on this is going to criplle it going forward and word of mouth is more powerful than MC or OC by a hell of a lot. Casuals are the vast majority abd when they shit talk a game enmass that game is getting no breeze in it's sales.

Maybe you shouldn’t take the pulse of a game by using your usual online echo-chambers.

He went in disagreeing with others that did not like the game and changed his view during his own playthrough of it so i do not think he is reflecting the opinions of echo-chambers.

Really strong start. Probably one of the biggest games this year.

I find the story of this game shit and extemely stupid and nearingly activismlike, and i currently suspect Neil Druckman for those bad developments..
But it is still such a well crafted game and i do hope it does well for that.

Day one sales are meaningless. Especially for a big name title. The question is, will the game hold water? Is it gonna have some legs? Stores will sell as many day one copies as there are available to sell, that's how this works. It's the same with consoles. They will sell as many PS5 consoles as Sony produced for day one.

As others have said, Europe is the market Sony is likely to do best in. Europe has the wokest countries in the entire world. Let's see it do the same for Japan, US, Australia, or China. Any of those markets are gonna be a infinitely more difficult to penetrate than the EU.

Also keep in mind, this is Without Digital sales.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil