Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

pikashoe said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nah, you’re simply trying to turn this into an us versus them and it’s not happening. Stop while you’re behind.

To be fair, the title of the thread is just asking for trouble in this regard isn't it? Not that agree with this guy pitting the games against eachother.

Not really. One is simply pointing out that it sold higher numbers than another and he is bringing up a totally irrelevant point to that fact. It doesn’t need to happen.

Around the Network
melbye said:
Sales were always gonna be frontloaded, legs will be awful

I believe the legs of this game will be amazing. The influence of the internet on this game is rather small. Major Plot details, contents, reviews etc. were available well in advance and it didn't effect the game in the slightest. I believe it only caused additional sales. Played for about 10 hours and this is the better game compared to part I.

The story is on par with the Last of Us part I. Which to be fair wasn't something that special. The storytelling was amazing. I do think the storytelling was better in the first one.

29/08/14:

PS4 will sell 25 million units before 31st of March!

Edit: I didn't state what year! HAHA, so I'm still right in some sense

CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

To be fair, the title of the thread is just asking for trouble in this regard isn't it? Not that agree with this guy pitting the games against eachother.

Not really. One is simply pointing out that it sold Higher numbers than another and he is being up a totally irrelevant point to that fact. It doesn’t need to happen.

I disagree. Saying it has the highest opening of the year obviously means it did better than animal crossing. There is literally no need to then also say that it beat animal crossing. It is unnecessary information to add because the information before that already tells us all we need to know.

Three things:

1) Nintendo games always have massive legs compared to the vast majority of other studios (Minecraft and GTA V being rare exceptions). Long term I doubt there is any way TLOU2 beats ACNH.

2) UK and the rest of Europe are Sony lands, whereas Japan is absolutely Nintendo and USA is split, so this isn't indicative of what the rest of the world will look like necessarily.

3) Even if the game isn't my cup of tea, congrats on the success and I hope it's fans enjoy the game. I personally could never enjoy a zombie game. I don't want to be scared, grossed out, or horrified in any way when I play games. I want to ESCAPE life's stresses in games, not have more thrown at me, but that's just me and how I deal with my anxiety.

pikashoe said:
CGI-Quality said:

Not really. One is simply pointing out that it sold Higher numbers than another and he is being up a totally irrelevant point to that fact. It doesn’t need to happen.

I disagree. Saying it has the highest opening of the year obviously means it did better than animal crossing. There is literally no need to then also say that it beat animal crossing. It is unnecessary information to add because the information before that already tells us all we need to know.

It's a point of reference telling the reader what the previous highest selling game opening. When records are broken its common to want to know what the previous record holder was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
pikashoe said:

It's a point of reference telling the reader what the previous highest selling game opening. When records are broken its common to want to know what the previous record holder was.

Fair point

pikashoe said:
CGI-Quality said:

You’ll just have to disagree. One doesn’t require additional attention, even if you don’t like it.

Signalstar said:
pikashoe said:

Affirmative.

I came to congratulate TLOU2 on beating off Animal Crossing, coming from behind to finish off on top of Nintendo's biggest release of the year so far. We are truly blessed to be receiving it from Neil Druckmann. The game can be rough at times but if you ease your way into it, it can be a pleasurable experience.

In France , Spain , Germany , Switzerland it's Nintendomination

I like Nintendo and Sony but more than this I love video games