By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts : TLOU Part II is The Biggest Launch This Year By Far (Beating Animal Crossing)

CGI-Quality said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Do you expect it will sell 11 million in 11 weeks like AC?

What difference would it make if it didn't?

AC could still sell millions at full $60 after several years, that is the difference.

Around the Network

I just finished it today. The more I think about this game the less I like it. The gameplay was solid (although it starts to lose its shine as the game progresses) but the characters and story are just utter nonsense. The pacing is atrocious, the game just feels so hours to long.

HoangNhatAnh said:
CGI-Quality said:

What difference would it make if it didn't?

AC could still sell millions at full $60 after several years, that is the difference.

Someone said TLOU2 will have aweful legs.  Not having AC kind of legs is not the same as having terrible legs. TLOU 1 had great legs, so there is no reason to doubt the same for part 2  which will be BC with PS5. 

Otter said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Someone said TLOU2 will have aweful legs.  Not having AC kind of legs is not the same as having terrible legs. TLOU 1 had great legs, so there is no reason to doubt the same for part 2  which will be BC with PS5. 

It will reach 20mil with many price cuts and give away like the 1st game, of course.

Otter said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I doubt it'll be quite as leggy as the first due to just how divisive this game seems to be. It'll still sell a lot.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Nah, you’re simply trying to turn this into an us versus them and it’s not happening. Stop while you’re behind.

To be fair, the title of the thread is just asking for trouble in this regard isn't it? Not that agree with this guy pitting the games against eachother.

melbye said:
Sales were always gonna be frontloaded, legs will be awful

I believe the legs of this game will be amazing. The influence of the internet on this game is rather small. Major Plot details, contents, reviews etc. were available well in advance and it didn't effect the game in the slightest. I believe it only caused additional sales. Played for about 10 hours and this is the better game compared to part I.

The story is on par with the Last of Us part I. Which to be fair wasn't something that special. The storytelling was amazing. I do think the storytelling was better in the first one.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

CGI-Quality said:
pikashoe said:

To be fair, the title of the thread is just asking for trouble in this regard isn't it? Not that agree with this guy pitting the games against eachother.

Not really. One is simply pointing out that it sold Higher numbers than another and he is being up a totally irrelevant point to that fact. It doesn’t need to happen.

I disagree. Saying it has the highest opening of the year obviously means it did better than animal crossing. There is literally no need to then also say that it beat animal crossing. It is unnecessary information to add because the information before that already tells us all we need to know.

Three things:

1) Nintendo games always have massive legs compared to the vast majority of other studios (Minecraft and GTA V being rare exceptions). Long term I doubt there is any way TLOU2 beats ACNH.

2) UK and the rest of Europe are Sony lands, whereas Japan is absolutely Nintendo and USA is split, so this isn't indicative of what the rest of the world will look like necessarily.

3) Even if the game isn't my cup of tea, congrats on the success and I hope it's fans enjoy the game. I personally could never enjoy a zombie game. I don't want to be scared, grossed out, or horrified in any way when I play games. I want to ESCAPE life's stresses in games, not have more thrown at me, but that's just me and how I deal with my anxiety.

pikashoe said:
CGI-Quality said:

Not really. One is simply pointing out that it sold Higher numbers than another and he is being up a totally irrelevant point to that fact. It doesn’t need to happen.

I disagree. Saying it has the highest opening of the year obviously means it did better than animal crossing. There is literally no need to then also say that it beat animal crossing. It is unnecessary information to add because the information before that already tells us all we need to know.

It's a point of reference telling the reader what the previous highest selling game opening. When records are broken its common to want to know what the previous record holder was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.