By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 39 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 24-30, 2018

The opening of FighterZ in Switch was similar to Xenoverse 2. I wonder if it will have the same legs of Xenoverse 2, which was on this list for a long time.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 03 October 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles deserves better, my only experience with the series is the demo for 4 on Switch and its fantastic. Sold me on the game.

They butchers VC4 in Japan I guess hoping for a good Western realese

Switch over 40k and PS4 over 20k.... decent week.

Switch HW numbers back to 40k and probably will stay above 40k for rest of year.
Sales of new Switch SW releases this week are meh, especially compared to same games on PS4.

Around the Network

Theres barely a 2m gap between the PS4 and Switch now in japan.....

Its crazy the Switch closed that gap by like 600k this year alone, and with the holidays comeing up... hmm.

Healthy numbers all around. Both above baseline

Good first week for Warriors Orochi 3 and Legend of Heroes 4!

Spider-Man legs continue strong!

Overall a very good software week for PS4 and hardware is 20k+ again!

nero said:

Healthy numbers all around. Both above baseline

Yeah, after the last two disappointing weeks they're both up again above their resective baselines (~20K/40K). But this week saw a number of mid-level releases, so that explains it. Does the rest of the year has consistent releases of at least decent software, so they both can keep up?

Anyways, PS4 version of Musou sold 4 times as much as Switch version. For FIFA it was nearly four times the sales. Anyone knows how well the Switch release of Dragon Ball Fighters hold up with this number? Valkyria Chronicles sold 10 times as much at the PS4 first week. But even then, VC4 on PS4 is still disappointing compared with previous entries. This makes me sad, as this games is quite good. I hope for better sales in the West. The World ends with you sold initially 80K in opening week on the DS, so 14K for a remake 10 years later seems OKish.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JRPGfan said:
Theres barely a 2m gap between the PS4 and Switch now in japan.....

Its crazy the Switch closed that gap by like 600k this year alone, and with the holidays comeing up... hmm.

That's not crazy at all. If anything it's crazy that it has only closed by that much so far. The 2nd year of a Nintendo portable system should be slaughtering the 5th year of a Sony home console in Japan.  Reminder that Nintendo is expecting to ship 20 million Switch units this fiscal year. They are waaaaaaay off course in Japan to meet that with the fiscal year already half over.