By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 39 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 24-30, 2018

Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

But nobody in their right mind expects another mhw like boost and why would we estimate future sales off that. Why do i always read these double standards about ps4 in Japan. Will you be saying, oh switch only sold well this holiday because it had pokemon and smash? 

Breaking news, ps4 gets games that sell consoles. Some of these games sell a lot more then others. Every year the games are different and the hardware boosts are different. Same goes for next year. Will we be hearing "oh q1 sales were only good because of kh3"? Aside from this the only other factor that will determine sales is a price drop. 

Someone actually explained in this thread about 60/40 split as we were talking about future sales, so it is not theoretical. Not a double standard either. Nobody here denied PS4 these sales, we were all only cautioning to extrapolate from that to the holiday sales. And we all are aware that games boost sales. That is why people talk about Smash and Pokemon and were talking about Spiderman. Because we expect these games to boost sales of the hardware. All I and others were talking about was, that we cannot use numbers including the MHW boost to extrapolate sales going forward. So you bark at the wrong tree.

That's obvious but remember ps4 sales this year won't even be higher then the past 2 years. They will be close but unlikely to surpass. And this is the year MHW gave a huge boost. Just shows you this years numbers can be done without mhw. Ps4 sales on a yearly basis are pretty consistent and i expect next year to be similar. No major boost no major decline.