By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 38 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 17-23, 2018

Pretty poor week as expected. Stein's Gate did alright?

Around the Network

Okay week,

Surprise that the difference between Steins Gate on PS4 and Switch is just 100K

Atelier Switch ports didn't even chart, then again it is like the 3rd or 4th time they were released I believe.

Switch Online drama didn't even hurt Splatoon 2 sales that much.

Torna did about what I expected.

Overall next couple of weeks should be more interesting due to the release of Trails of Cold Steel 4 next week and the week after the release of Super Mario Party, both of whom should likely land at number 1.

TheBraveGallade said:

Wondering how VC2 will sell on switch. On one hand it came out earlier on PS4, on the other hand a long turn based game like that definitely has a lot more appeal on the switch. Though I'd still be surprised if it outsells the PS4 version in Japan. In the west is a different story with the simultainious realese...

As for the PS4 nothing short of DQ/KH/FF/MH will give it hardware boosts at this point honestly.

The lengths of the battles are usually not super quick, so it's not quite as friendly as something like Octopath or Pokemon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Oh wow, Spider Man keeps slaying.
Weak hardware sales all around yawn.

nero said:

Both consoles are underperforming according to their baseline: NS@39303 nad PS4@17688. Will the consoles pick up next week?

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed both going so much under their baseline. It looks like this week was the lowest for both with the exception of pre and post golden week.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Okay week,

Surprise that the difference between Steins Gate on PS4 and Switch is just 100K

You probably meant 100 copies, not 100 thousand ^^

Depressing switch and ps4 sales...

Japanese console market is becoming less and less relevant. No wonder many japanese devs are starting to port everything on pc.

Actually the PC market in Japan is... Not that great. Steam is just an afterthought for example, and the market is mostly filled with third rate visual novels and bad RPGs...

Mobile on the other hand is BOOMING and where the money is, the main reason why ninty is branching out here. Fire emblem and animal crossing is making a killing on mobile while being an ad for both franchises.

The switch only needs time; launch aligned it's matching the 3ds, and considering the 3ds slashed prices by 40 percent to meet that... And we know how much of a thing the 3ds was.

Sony had 7 games on the list last week. This week it's got 8.

Labo is out of top 10, Steins NSW is in.

Zelda never stops.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

last92 said:

Depressing switch and ps4 sales...

Japanese console market is becoming less and less relevant. No wonder many japanese devs are starting to port everything on pc.

Around 38k is depressing number!?