By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 38 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 17-23, 2018

Low hardware numbers for both Switch and PS4. Understandable for Switch, but is the Spidey-boost already over for PS4? Big new releases for both can't come fast enough.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Mnementh said:

I think it's Musou Orochi 4. Also, Labyrinth of Refrain is just releasing in Japan? I have it for some weeks now. Did it release earlier in the West than Japan? And Valkyria Chronicles only on Switch. Isn't it also on PS4? Or did it already release for PS4?

It released earlier on the PS4.

Ah, well, at least this one is OK then. From interest, how did it do first week on the PS4?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Acevil said:

It released earlier on the PS4.

Ah, well, at least this one is OK then. From interest, how did it do first week on the PS4?

Not horrible, but not great either: Valkyria Chronicles 4 – PS4 – 62,921. The switch version will be honestly lucky to do 1/10 of that number as well, given they had to wait and the interest most likely diminished in Japan. 

The West is where the franchise will now either be successful or meh. 

Mnementh said:
Mbolibombo said:
Spiderman is likely passing Horizon next week. Great job! :>

Also, next weeks chart should be more interesting than this. Lots of games that could show up:
Fifa 19 [NSW, PS4]
Musou Orochi 3 [NSW, PS4]
World Ends With You [NSW]
Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk [NSW, PS4]
Valkyria Chronicles 4 [NSW]

I think it's Musou Orochi 4. Also, Labyrinth of Refrain is just releasing in Japan? I have it for some weeks now. Did it release earlier in the West than Japan? And Valkyria Chronicles only on Switch. Isn't it also on PS4? Or did it already release for PS4?

Nah, it's 3. It's Warriors Orochi 4, but Musou Orochi 3. Localisation differences and all that

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Mnementh said:
Mbolibombo said:
Spiderman is likely passing Horizon next week. Great job! :>

Also, next weeks chart should be more interesting than this. Lots of games that could show up:
Fifa 19 [NSW, PS4]
Musou Orochi 3 [NSW, PS4]
World Ends With You [NSW]
Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk [NSW, PS4]
Valkyria Chronicles 4 [NSW]

That's weird I know since its Warriors Orochi 4 in the west, but it's actually 3 in Japan. 

As for Labyrinth of Refrain I believe it was released 18th of September in the west so you cant have had much more than a week :P And VC4 released in the spring on PS4.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Mnementh said:

Not horrible, but not great either: Valkyria Chronicles 4 – PS4 – 62,921. The switch version will be honestly lucky to do 1/10 of that number as well, given they had to wait and the interest most likely diminished in Japan. 

The West is where the franchise will now either be successful or meh. 

Hmm, I doubt Switch-release will be even near 62K, 10K should be good in that case.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:

Nah, it's 3. It's Warriors Orochi 4, but Musou Orochi 3. Localisation differences and all that

Damn, that's confusing.

Mbolibombo said:
Mnementh said:

That's weird I know since its Warriors Orochi 4 in the west, but it's actually 3 in Japan. 

As for Labyrinth of Refrain I believe it was released 18th of September in the west so you cant have had much more than a week :P And VC4 released in the spring on PS4.

Ah, I looked and I really have it not that long. Felt longer.

Both consoles are underperforming according to their baseline: NS@39303 nad PS4@17688. Will the consoles pick up next week?

Amazing legs continues for Minecraft S2 and MK8D! And Zelda too!
Can't wait for the finale of Steins Gate 0! Just in a couple hours!
And Switch somehow didnt drop much....... but it still managed to get over 50% of the market share! Next year we might see it go up to 80%!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nuvendil said:
A question that may be hard to answer: can anyone with enough knowledge of the region say whether the earthquake has had a marked impact on the Japanese market and if it would still be felt this far on or not? The timing of the overall dip in sales lately seems to coincide but that may be pure coincidence since this is a slower period.

Doesn't look like the earthquake has any notable impact on sales. I am used to seeing the Japanese market being in a lull at this time of the year while other regions see increasing sales.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Wondering how VC2 will sell on switch. On one hand it came out earlier on PS4, on the other hand a long turn based game like that definitely has a lot more appeal on the switch. Though I'd still be surprised if it outsells the PS4 version in Japan. In the west is a different story with the simultainious realese...

As for the PS4 nothing short of DQ/KH/FF/MH will give it hardware boosts at this point honestly.