By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 38 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 17-23, 2018

What is reader review?

Good legs and with the shortages I expect digital to be higher than 50%

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

Stock issues of Spiderman in japan still? Still doing far better than I expected.

Zzz
Hopefully next week bring something new.
Great performance of Spidey and that pretty much it.
Switch and PS4 are pretty low.

Low everything. Switch hardware is still close to 40k, so that is good I guess.

Slow weeks. Spiderman did very little for PS4 hardware which is surprising.

Torna is logical since most of it is probably been sold digital. It was very unclear if the retail copy was an empty box or not.

Train wreck said:
Mbolibombo said:
Spiderman is likely passing Horizon next week. Great job! :>

Also, next weeks chart should be more interesting than this. Lots of games that could show up:
Fifa 19 [NSW, PS4]
Musou Orochi 3 [NSW, PS4]
World Ends With You [NSW]
Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk [NSW, PS4]
Valkyria Chronicles 4 [NSW]

A lot of those games won't even reach 10k first week honestly.

Well that has nothing to do with what I said though since it's not really required to hit 10K to show up.

And for the record, what games do you expect to hit 10k out of those?

Around the Network

A question that may be hard to answer: can anyone with enough knowledge of the region say whether the earthquake has had a marked impact on the Japanese market and if it would still be felt this far on or not? The timing of the overall dip in sales lately seems to coincide but that may be pure coincidence since this is a slower period.

Mbolibombo said:

Also, next weeks chart should be more interesting than this. Lots of games that could show up:
Fifa 19 [NSW, PS4]

I think it's Musou Orochi 4. Also, Labyrinth of Refrain is just releasing in Japan? I have it for some weeks now. Did it release earlier in the West than Japan? And Valkyria Chronicles only on Switch. Isn't it also on PS4? Or did it already release for PS4?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Mbolibombo said:

Fifa 19 [NSW, PS4]

I think it's Musou Orochi 4. Also, Labyrinth of Refrain is just releasing in Japan? I have it for some weeks now. Did it release earlier in the West than Japan? And Valkyria Chronicles only on Switch. Isn't it also on PS4? Or did it already release for PS4?

It released earlier on the PS4.

Low hardware numbers for both Switch and PS4. Understandable for Switch, but is the Spidey-boost already over for PS4? Big new releases for both can't come fast enough.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Acevil said:
Mnementh said:

It released earlier on the PS4.

Ah, well, at least this one is OK then. From interest, how did it do first week on the PS4?