By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

BornFirst. said:
Carl2291 said:
Now you are just being ignorant.

Yes, the UK does matter.

If it didnt matter, you can just take away...
~9Million DS sales
~5Million Wiis
~4Million 360s
~3Million PSPs
and about 2Million PS3s.

Pull your head out of your back end.

I don't kow, it seems like the ignorance is comming more from you (not trying to pick a fight or sides here), but fundementaly just looking at the UK or just japan or just Us is only looking at the small part of the picture. Fundementally world wide sales matter because that paints the full picture.

See.... I knew it wasn't that hard x)

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:

Yes, the UK does matter.

~9Million DS sales
~5Million Wiis
~4Million 360s
~3Million PSPs
and about 2Million PS3s.

Oh no, i didn't mean it like that. I say it doesnt matter in the sense that it wont determine which console will sell more. Just compare the sale of the UK to the US.

I wasn't try to say that  5 million wii's doesn't matter, oh no sir, i just said that it's not a big deal for the wii to be selling 300K units in the UK, which is the same as ps3, or half the X360, when the Wii is kicking those 2 like nothing. That's what I meant by "it wont matter."

So I'm not being ignorant... I just tend to look at the whole picture, rather than just one tiny pice of it ;)

So my head is not going anywhere sir x)

In that case, i apologise.

As for the WW sales thing, isnt this thread about how it could spread to the rest of the world?
And how the Wii seems to have had a decline in 2 significant markets.. a trend could follow?

But why would Nintendo be worry with the "decline" in japan... if the wii > Ps360???

Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:

Yes, the UK does matter.

~9Million DS sales
~5Million Wiis
~4Million 360s
~3Million PSPs
and about 2Million PS3s.

Oh no, i didn't mean it like that. I say it doesnt matter in the sense that it wont determine which console will sell more. Just compare the sale of the UK to the US.

I wasn't try to say that  5 million wii's doesn't matter, oh no sir, i just said that it's not a big deal for the wii to be selling 300K units in the UK, which is the same as ps3, or half the X360, when the Wii is kicking those 2 like nothing. That's what I meant by "it wont matter."

So I'm not being ignorant... I just tend to look at the whole picture, rather than just one tiny pice of it ;)

So my head is not going anywhere sir x)

In that case, i apologise.

As for the WW sales thing, isnt this thread about how it could spread to the rest of the world?
And how the Wii seems to have had a decline in 2 significant markets.. a trend could follow?

Well to be fair the Wii has declined in all markets, but it is only one market (the UK) that it seems not to be selling the most. But i think we should be talking about gaming it self because every console is selling less WW to me that more troubling. It seems like you are grasping at straws

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Wii sales look fine to me.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@Falcon095

I get the sense that watching paint dry is of particular interest to you. For the majority of people this is the definition of boredom incarnate. Rational people thirst for novelty and originality. They do not want the same discussion every day for years on end. Familiarity be damned, but you know who can stomach it and a lot of it to boot. Foaming at the mouth fanatics, because they literally cannot imagine a better use of their time.

So while your put off by the notion of some conflict the reality is this. Without conflict there is no debate. With no debate there is no discussion. With no discussion a forum dies. When a forum dies it has a nasty habit of taking its host site with it. So I ask you why you want this site to die of boredom, and why do you hate Ioi. It is no exaggeration that as this console generation has boiled down into predictability the result has been less discussion. Just look at the hot topics from today.

A year ago this thread would be three pages deep now. There would have been a dozen real topics making the rounds, and many many more members would be contributing. No sir if lapsed members drop by a week from now, and suddenly see the trends have radically changed. They would say hey look new shit to discuss. I simply must chime in. I just want to see these forums become real vibrant again, and a radical shift in sales could reset the community to an earlier point in this generation where perhaps to when complacency didn't leave us utterly jaded about how cool it is to try and figure out how shit is going to change.

You need to relax.. I quoted Maxwell mainly to pick on Bolero rather than agree with him (not saying he's wrong, though). I said a joke and now i hate ioi.. you remind me this

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

if this is true why is vgchartz data so different? surely this brings into question the validity of vgchartz as a source?

Maynard_Tool said:
But why would Nintendo be worry with the "decline" in japan... if the wii > Ps360???

because it's no longer wii >>>>> PS360, that's why.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

No need to argue guys. I think the question in the OP is somewhat justified. After all, it's only based on what have happened. Wii sales are down from what they were in Japan and UK.
What the topic should be about, is to discuss why they are down.
UK with price increase and a lack of big name releases seems obvious.
And so does Japan with the lack of system selling software. Japan however, looks different, because there all the home consoles are lackluster in sales, unlike in UK. But because the HD consoles have been cheaper in UK, during the period, that they are elswhere in EU, it's likely people have been importing them (interesting point here, you can get 60GB 360 from Amazon for the price of Arcade after the last pricecut).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I think the wii is simply slowing down.. It cant sell on overdrive forever....

maybe it will settle into a more mature 1.5x 360 sales worldwide....

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business