By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

@Arsenicazure: That should be a matter of appealing software.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't want to screw EU wholesalers and retailers outside of UK, so it has to screw UK users and gets screwed there in return... UK not joining the happy euro family to harm Nintendo confirmed?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

darthdevidem01 said:
@bardicverse

fer gods sake

we are talking about YOY data from the months of FEB - JUN

2008 to 2009 compared within the UK ONLY

using GFK data

NOT VGC data

this was made clear to you 3 pages ago....by carl & me......please don't bother posting such a reply again, its getting frustrating

You know, I have to apologize, I just realized you meant UK as opposed to others. I'm at home now, so I can read slower, at work I usually am on the fly while waiting for a response from a co-worker. I often deal with people in the UK, so I often link Others market directly to UK.

My point does still stand, regarding YOY GTA4 boost difference (which came out in June in UK I believe) and Wii Fit YOY boost differences, a point that people are making on the thread. Irregardless of FEB-JUN data, you have to admit that the fall-off for the YOY boost was somewhat similar.

Carl2291 said:
Just ignore him darth.

He obviously cant handle the fact his precious Wii/DS arent doing so well in a certain place.

Cant argue with the numbers im afraid. And they are plain and easy for all to see.

LOL now you're just making yourself look childish. My precious Wii/DS? Right, cause I make money on every unit sold. Where the hell is my cut of the profit?

I could really give a crap less. Our dev team's games probably won't be on either system anyway, as the engine we use supports 360 porting from PC, but not Wii.

I'm just clarifying what other people are saying, as you guys are going on about Feb-Jun, but not doing a game to game comparison and dropoff ratio, which is what people are talking about.

arsenicazure said:
I think the wii is simply slowing down.. It cant sell on overdrive forever....

maybe it will settle into a more mature 1.5x 360 sales worldwide....

see, that's what i think.... who knows, maybe 360 will outsell wii a few weeks this year?

Around the Network

Wasn't there some kind of price war between many of the UK retailers like Tesco etc in this time? Surely that might explain why the consoles sales are well above what was expected? Does anyone remember the posts about how Tesco and other supermarkets were pricing the console really low and Game stores were matching them as well?

Tease.

Squilliam

But even that, people already had intention of buying a 360, they just found price the right time. Like, even a cheaper 360 couldn't stop wii to sell because people wanted a Wii, the cut price just make it more acessible for people with less money or think that 300 dolars per a console is too much.

The point is that it helps to explain why the sales are higher. Its great to hear about the Xbox 360 performing so well and I really hope that the Xbox 360 was truely undertracked in that market because it means that overall Xbox 360 sales were better than what we were lead to believe. It could be extremely positive for my hopes and wishes that the Xbox 360 pass 40M this year.

Tease.

This turned into a serious thread? Lame.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
This turned into a serious thread? Lame.

Nah, this was an attempted derailment of the derailment. The truth is that the chart in the OP was made up by a midget ninja. Minja sabotage is on the rise, and now has begun to span the videogame industry.